“No Signal” in the pairing screen

:rofl: :rofl: :ride_on:

2 Likes

hola Gorkem_Onat. Tu comentario pasó un poco desapercibido, pero ha sido la única solución en mi caso. Gracias!!
Yo por mi lado seguí tus pasos, solo que no hizo falta desactivar Windows Defender. Ahora me funciona perfecto. Saludos!

Hello Gorkem_Onat. Your comment went a bit unnoticed, but it was the only solution in my case. Thank you!!
For my part, I followed your steps, only it was not necessary to deactivate Windows Defender. Now it works perfectly for me. Cheers!

la verdad, el problema volvió y hoy encontré una solución muy práctica y fácil. Con el celular, me funciona perfecto, me empareja el Kinetic Road Machine que tiene 2 unidades bluetooth + el sensor cardio, en total 3. Lo que hice fue desactivar el bluetooth del PC y usar en la PC , “usar dipositivos bluetooth de companion” . Entonces enlacé en mi celular los dispositivos y se vinculan con wifi al PC , de esa manera me funcionó perfecto.

the truth, the problem returned and today I found a very practical and easy solution. With the cell phone, it works perfectly for me, I am paired with the Kinetic Road Machine that has 2 bluetooth units + the cardio sensor, in total 3. What I did was deactivate the bluetooth of the PC and use on the PC, “use companion bluetooth devices” . So I linked the devices on my cell phone and they connect with wifi to the PC, that way it worked perfectly for me.

1 Like

In my case, I solved the “no signal” problem by getting a USB Bluetooth 4.0. My PC has Bluetooth 5.0 but something happened with this one and the Wahoo Tickr. Disable bluetooth 5.0 and with USB Bluetooth 4.0 the sensor connects immediately. Zwift detects it and maintains the connection. For now, without signal drops.

1 Like

I’m sure you all tried this already. But I was totally baffled and tried “everything” (when having the same exact issue. Then, at the request of my 9-year old, I just unplugged my trainer, waited a few seconds, plugged it back in, and BOOM! Perfect.

1 Like

Yep this is me today! Literally only got the dongle and added it and all connected good to go but my character sitting stationary on lap top!!! My connection keeps dropping out

Hi @Helen_Stevenson1, can you give us some more information on your exact problem? What devices do you use to connect to Zwift, platform to run the game (windows 10 or mac), trainer, bluetooth or ANT+ etc…

Lots of things can interfere with the signal such as a fan being too close to the laptop or trainer, etc…

1 Like

It’s a think pad laptop which has windows 10 ( my sons!) as my Eldest daughter using mine for google classroom.
I have a watt bike pro and is blue toothed but tried and tried to get it set up and it wouldn’t connect To iPad or phone . So then I purchased an Ant + dongle after researching it further . So was able to connect no problem .
It says I’m connected and is paired alright. And my character is on screen just won’t move! Tried pedalling and adjusting .

Hi,
Today got the “no signal” problem on ANT+ after 20 mins of ride
First 20 minutes everything was ok, then avatar stopped moving, cadence and power 0, no HRM
On pairing screen everything was “connected” but “no signal”
I was able to connect with bluetooth via Companion, but I wonder why it happened?
I’m using ANT+ for 6 months and never had any problems :confused:

1 Like

One issue in 6 months is pretty good. It happens sometimes to me too, but very rare.

@Helen_Stevenson1, have you gone through the steps on this support page to pair your watt bike pro?
https://support.zwift.com/en_us/pairing-a-wattbike-rkMmoNbxS

Problem still present.
I checked, and my mac has blutooth BLE (4.0)

Schermata 2020-05-01 alle 00.18.25

zwift support wrote me to delete the file prefs.xml and knwndevices.xml.

Done, but after restart still the same.

The most relevant line there is “Bluetooth a basso consumo supportato” but it does indeed say “Si” so no problem there.

As I mentioned earlier, I found this kind of behavior extremely non-deterministic and it would eventually go away after restarting Zwift and/or turning Bluetooth on and off in random order enough times. Definitely not ideal, and to me it just seems that there is something wrong with Zwift’s BT implementation, especially on the Mac platform.

Hi, just started to have problems with my trainer connecting. I have a kinetic trainer with in ride sensor connected. I connect straight to my laptop via the Bluetooth. Haven’t used companion app or anything. Now suddenly saying connected but no signal. Have disconnected and reconnected so many times with no luck. Any advice? Don’t know if it’s due to the latest upgrade from zwift? Connects to my kinetic app fine and brand new battery.

Spent a lot of time on this issue over the last couple of days. This problem occurs when you log onto more than two Bluetooth Apps or devices with independent speed and cadence sensors.
Firstly, on your paired devices on Zwift, don’t always believe what you see. Upon having the same problem, Blue but showing “No Signal” I took the battery out of my Garmin Speed Sensor 2 and logged out of Zwift. When I logged back into Zwift with the battery out of my Garmin Speed Sensor 2 on Zwift it showed Blue “No Signal” even without a battery. Just because it is blue does not mean its paired.
Log out of every App your device is connected to. I found this to be a recurring problem when your speed and cadence sensors are paired with more than two Apps or devices. My Garmin Speed Sensor and Cadence Sensor 2 will connect to my iPhone and Zwift and work well. When I then pair it to Garmin Connect, a third Blue tooth App it crashes and simply will not reset. Take the batteries out of both speed and cadence sensors and leave for 6-10 hours, refit and pair only with your smart phone and Zwift, it will work perfectly.

Hey Zwifters,

I’ve seen similar issues happening with my setup at home and as mentioned in this thread. Here’s a setup description:

• Zwift is started on PC Windows 10
  • Companion App is stared on Iphone 8S with latest OS
  • Tacx Neo is plugged and Bluetooth is connected.
  • Wahooo Tickr is on

There are no apps - whatsoever - connected to my Tacx as I deleted the Tacx app altogether. Before doing so I did check that all sensors were picked up and transmitted to it: both cadence and power were showing.

I’ve rebooted the PC, the phone and the Tacx and yet whenever I start Zwift it picks up the Tacx Neo with ‘No Signal’.

I now have to resort to pairing through Companion app which works once every other days.

What the fudge is this and how can I make Zwift work consistently without having to delete apps, reboot everything and unplug my whole building block from the power plant?

Thanks in advance for the kind help the community is providing.

when you say neo is plugged and bluetooth is connected - what is it connected to?

you shouldn’t pair it to your PC - just do it in the zwift app

failing that get an Ant+ dongle - they are pretty cheap and if you get an extension so it isn’t too far from your PC it is pretty reliable

2 Likes

Hey @Chris_Holton,

Thx for your answer mate!

The Tacx Neo is turned on and plugged to the power source while its Bluetooth is connected to the Windows PC. I can see in the settings that the Tacx is paired to the computer.

Will try to unpair the tacx’s bluetooth to the computer and go through full bluetooth through the Companion app instead.

Should that fail, do you have any particular Ant+ dongle to recommend?

Thanks much!

Hi, make sure it isn’t paired to the PC, then open Zwift, you shouldn’t need the companion app at this point. However, ANT+ is much more reliable so I would also suggest you go that route. Amazon has quite a few options, there is a bundle with the extension cord that works well.

1 Like

yeah - if it is paired to your PC in the settings you’ll need to forget it from there and then load zwift and it should be available for selection.

I just use the dongle that came with my trainer - have a look on amazon there should be quite a few on there. Not sure if any other users have recommendations?

not got it myself so can’t comment on it’s quality but something like this looks good and comes with an extension to get it as near to your trainers as possible.