“No Signal” in the pairing screen

I have this problem only with my TICKR HR Monitor.

My setup:
KICKR Snap
Wahoo pedal cadence sensor
Wahoo TICKR heartrate monitor
New AppleTV with the Zwift app
iPhone XS with the Zwift Companion app

Without fail, Snap and cadence sensor connect directly to Zwift app on AppleTV and work perfectly.

Use Zwift Companion app to find TICKR. Almost never finds it. When it does, it connects but displays “No Signal”

The TICKR connects to my Garmin Edge 530 no problem so I know my HR data in a ride but I would much prefer to have it connect with and work with Zwift via the Companion app.

I have watched helpful youtube videos on how to connect everything with exactly my setup. It works for them and not for me. Seems like something is broken in the Zwift companion app.

Zwift please help

Apple TV can only take an additional 2 bluetooth connections, one is used for the remote. Does the kickr snap estimate cadence too? If so, ditch the cadence sensor.

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I am aware of the AppleTV BT limitation. Zwift was intending to solve it with the Companion app.

But thanks very much for the suggestion! I am not sure if Snap estimates cadence but it could be worth a shot.

Cheers,

John Clem

Hello,

Same issue for me :

Tacx flow smart trainer works fine with the Tacx training app but impossible to have a correct signal using a Laptop Windows 10 or Android via Companion.

Waiting for a miracle during the lockdown.

4 Likes

Try it with a ANT+ USB Stick.

1 Like

I solved using the Companion App.
I don’t know why the mac has this problem.
For sure is a blutooth protocol problem.

Add me to the list of people with this issue. All was fine using a Windows 10 PC with a Wahoo Kickr, then, all of a sudden, “No Signal” on the Kickr. My HRM still detects. Switched over to a Macbook and that works fine, so my guess is the issue is in the Windows App.
I tried Ashley’s suggestion of just watch, followed by end and delete, but the delete button freezes the Zwift App with the Windows blue spinning ring of effort. After a force quit, tried switching the bluetooth detection from built-in to Zwift Companion. Just attempting that freezes the Zwift App, so something is certainly amiss with the App.
Mac and Android are both OK. So my next step is uninstall/reinstall to see if that makes any difference.

Have you updated Windows recently?

1 Like

Tried multiply of different suggestions and still not working. No signal as others mentioned

1 Like

Same problem here, using a tacx flow smart trainer. On the tacx app works fine.
In zwift the device is connected but no signal. I’ll try Ashley recommandation tomrrow.

I have a mac book pro and a Wahoo Kickr, i have been riding on zwift for many years and all of the sudden NO SIGNAL?? Its very frustrating sitting on the bike and the avatar wont move!!
I decided to by apple TV to see if that helps? I also bought a wahoo Tickr, which works fine, but does not help the problem of no signal. I just don’t get it??
I appreciate knowing that i am not alone. What is Zwift doing to resolve this?
Thank you

2 Likes

add me to the group having this same issue… granted, im new to all of this… was able to calibrate my Kickr with the Wahoo app no problem. got my Garmin talking as well. once I tried to connect to Zwift, no go… I tried my iPhone, iPad and laptop(also a Mac). all devices are running the newest possible OS’s. will be opening a ticket asap.

1 Like

Hi @Bill_Meadows, are you connecting the Kickr to a Garmin bike computer and then trying to run Zwift? If using bluetooth, this won’t work. Bluetooth can only connect to one device at a time, so the Garmin could be hogging the connection.

Garmin was off when I was trying to get Zwift going… had seen something about dueling BlueTooth issues…

Ok, something else is getting in the way then. Can you post a screen shot of the pairing screen on your mac? Make sure all other bluetooth devices are off and removed from the same space to rule out other interference. Lots of things can get in the way of the bluetooth signal, even microwaves and fluorescent lights. Your wifi channel could also be interfering.

ok… finally had a chance to fiddle again… purposely turned blue tooth off on everything but my Mac, unpaired and reconnected the trainer… no microwaves or fluorescent lights where im at to interfere… WIFI router is about 20 feet away and through a couple of walls, so betting thats not an issue…IMG_3657

Is there a way to remove the kickr from the Mac’s bluetooth device menu you have open? I haven’t used a Mac in a few years.

It’s not necessarily where it is but the channel it uses, the mac is using the same wifi correct, or is it hard wired?
https://support.zwift.com/en_us/ble-vs-ant-interference-troubleshooting-tips-ryUhOTnzH

Yeah, just select the device and click Remove or x. No need to have it paired on the system level.

More magic spells to try: Resolving Mac BLE Pairing Issues After an Update

1 Like

will check these… I power cycled everything and got it all working(for now) on the iPad… fingers crossed it all holds