“No Signal” in the pairing screen

Hi @hank_Scorpio

Are you using Zwift on a Computer or telephone?

Most garmin straps are ANT+ only and most telephones are Bluetooth only.

Hi, I have the Garmin Dual-HRM, tried all variations of connecting via bluetooth and not…

Using it on iPhone XR

‘no signal’

Battery is fresh, no issues connecting to Hammerhead Karoo head unit…

Have disconnected/forgotten the device in Settings, Health, Wahoo, Garmin and so on…

Just downloaded app on OS X - works there.

Only a half solution IMO, but workable…

1 Like

I am having the same issue for the last 4 days with my Wahoo Kickr Core. I have been successfully using Zwift for nearly 12 months now without any issues.

I have deleted and reinstalled all apps without success.

The Kickr works OK with the Wahoo apps - have done spindowns successfully.

I am locked down at the moment and it is really frustrating. Very keen for any support here.

2 Likes

I am having the same issue for the last week. In the middle of the ride all the hud goes missing and the only item left is the HR strap. I have the same trainer, kickr core and also wahoo app and rouvy works flawless. Are there any news about the issue? This problem renders zwift unusable especially nowadays under self isolation. I will try my apple tv 4k tonight hoping that it works flawless. But under windows 10 it doesn’t work like it should.

Same issue for me, Wahoo Kickr snap, ANT+ to a PC that is less than a metre away. Connected but no signal. Have tried bluetooth too. Connects perfectly with apps like Rouvy, so guess that’s where I will be cycling.

2 Likes

I’ve just had the same issue on a clean install of Windows 10 (I never had the problem before I wiped my PC and re-installed the OS) and I have just managed to resolve it.

I initially paired my Tacx turbo trainer to my computer first in Bluetooth Settings (Windows Button > Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices). Then when I went into Zwift, the app discovered the trainer but then instantly showed the frustrating ‘No Signal’ message.

To fix the issue, I removed the Tacx turbo device from the Bluetooth Settings list in Windows (path described above), and when I went back into Zwift, I searched for the device again - it connected and didn’t see the ‘No Signal’ message again.

It looks like Windows was hogging the connection to the turbo when it had an explicit/direct connection to it in Bluetooth settings.

3 Likes

Same issue with my MAC OSX and Kinetic Rock&Roll T6500, ZWIFT app see the roller only for two day then from Thursday nothing.
Connection work ok with other sensor (ticker hr / rotor 2inpower) but no controllable trainer. I’ve tried a reset of bluetooth on Mac OS X but no luck. iPhone Zwift app see the trainer fine and also other Mac OS X app like Rouvy or iOS app like kinetic fit.

I’s quite annoying.

After three reset on OS X Bluetooth this morning worked for an hour. Then I save the ride exited the program ( apparently no way to save and remain in Zwift…) and missing the trainer again.
As new user I think it’s not good publicity as a computer engineer :man_technologist: it’s frustrating in many way, however tryout is reaching the end and I thought to not renew.

At last i solved my issue. Indeed i tried 2 steps together so i don’t really know which one cured the problem. 1st i disabled windows defender while zwifting, i also added some rules in the firewall in any case for zwift applications. 2nd i cleared Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option on my bluetooth enumerator settings. After these steps yesterday i was able to ride without a problem for 1 hour. Hope that this also resolves your issues.

3 Likes

I get this ‘no signal’ message all the time. Am using Android and a Wahoo system (Kickr SNAP, Cadence, Tickr). As above batteries are new, devices are not connected elsewhere, removed all potential interference (headphones, fan etc), and my devices work fine on all other platforms (Rouvy, TrainerRoad). Have raised with Zwift support who looked for a while but could only attribute the issue to older o/s (Android 8). Best resolution I found was to launch Zwift ‘Just watching’ with ‘no signal’ messages present, then immediately end ride and delete. Go back to the pairing screen and all 3 devices will magically connect fine :thinking:

1 Like

So many people with the same problem and there is no answer for anyone. Zwift is willing to take our money but is not available to solve our problems. Zwift sucks

2 Likes

Sorry, but I see 7 votes - yesterday there were 30.000 Zwifting, I do not know how many users there are.
If Zwift sucks for you, leave it.
Sorry to be offensive, but it sucks to read all the time threads bashing zwift.
For me they do a really good job just now.

1 Like

Thank you for posting your solution Ashley.
My Zwift (member for 4 years and has run with out much problem) started to give same problem
Your solution also worked for me, the launch zwift,visually looks connected, but screen says not connected, just watching, immediately end ride and delete. I sign back in and things seem to work.

For the problem solvers, I have two trainers hooked to two different AppleTVs, one is CycleOps and it has not exhibited this behavior and one is Kurt Kinetic, and it the one that is having a problem. (changed batteries, updated and replace Apple TV App, did a house hunt for other blue tooth devices, etc.)

But really appreciate your post because although not perfect solution I can at least use Zwift again until the Zwift wizards fix this bug.

1 Like

Today I finally decided to join Zwift for the first time, got my membership and a new Kickr Core…and I get no signal…not a good start…hopefully tomorrow I can figure it out…otherwise it will be a very short membership…

hello to everybody,
via iphone app my trainer elite turbo muin b+ is ok, but on macbook air mid 2012 with mojave trainer detected but no signal…

any idea?
thanks

The BT Chip in the machine is too old or the OS is too old.

Connect through the Companion App or try a new BT Stick.

2 Likes

Ben is correct. Zwift uses BLE protocol to connect. You can check what version of Bluetooth your Mac is running but that is most likely the issue.

I have a Mid-2012 MacBook Air as well and it does support BLE. Never used Zwift on that machine, but this No signal business was a regular thing on my ~2017 MacBook Pro as well. Completely random, sometimes turning Bluetooth on and off before starting Zwift helped, sometimes simply restarting Zwift was enough, and sometimes even totally resetting BT didn’t do the trick. (I’m no longer regularly zwifting on Mac, thank goodness.)

1 Like

Elio, Zwift doesn’t suck. The problem does. They need some time to work it out.