New Home Screen Update [August 2022]

On my laptop I am lucky enough to see almost all the tiles. However as I don’t always like using the Trackpad on my laptop I generally move around the screen using the Up,Down, Left, Right and Enter and ESC Keys. This works really well for me and gets access to everything on and off the initial screen view.

Are you able to do the same?

Sadly Zwift power still appears to be the best resource that I know of for finding Zwift events. Especially if you want to quickly see there are 99 A riders or “n” B riders. On the companion app it lists total riders until you click into that event. When events have 20 ish riders registered, I’ve noticed that usually only 1-4 are A riders, so then I go back out and look for an event with more A’s if I want a fun race. Or I go to ZP and it tells me in a one stop shop.

New home screen seems like a big step backwards in usability for folks like me that consistently do the same course/workout every single time. In the past, all I had to do was click on start. Now I have to browse to another tab and make selections before I can start.

I am guessing this change is driven by product management that wants to be able to forcibly steer users more easily to specific offerings. For paid service like Zwift, I think focusing on a good user experience is the better strategy long term.

2 Likes

I found this old post and can’t help but think this would have been a far better solution than the new home screen.

1 Like

Anyone else has not LOGOUT on the menu?

Fabio

Hi @Fabio_Capodei
One mobile OS platforms - the log out method is the OS’s way of closing apps.

Android method
iOS method

ATV any time zoon?

Coming Zoon!

Doubt they will release that hot mess during Zwift Academy.

Hi all. Confused. New Home Screen on iPad air 2 not on my iPhone!! Is it only certain devices

Yeah, just tablets for now due to them having bigger screens, i assume they are doing something for the scaling on smaller screens so phones will get the update later.

Hi @Craig_Avery_C welcome to Zwift forums.

I moved your question to the August update on Home Screen changes. See the first post upstream.

Hello, is there any way to know when the new home screen will be available for me? I m on ipad air 4th gen. Thanks

Yes the “Ride with” is what’s stopping my restarting my membership, I used it so often to either find someone or to start in a random place, at the moment I’m using other platforms for my cycling and running

1 Like

Why you removed the ability to join on a friend whos already riding is beyond me - its like what 90% of my friends on zwift USED to do… now if we’re 5mins late to a “meetup” we ride alone. Terrible UX.

1 Like

You can enable late join for a meetup. That is one option to ride with friends.

I have the same situation

I dont see that option in the companion app - can you share where that is?

My bad I was thinking clubs, it is not an option for meetups it is the default behavior.

But if you create a club event then Late join is an option and it seem like that is also the default.

Or, and here is a crazy idea, Zwift could finally get round to restoring the ride with functionality a lot of people have been calling for for the best part of a year and that they have promised is coming back.

4 Likes