New Home Screen Update [August 2022]

The phased rollout of the new Zwift home screen resumes August 17 for iOS and Android tablets. Here is the previous update thread for reference.

What:

• This is Phase 2 for iOS and Android, focusing on tablet devices.
  • As with previous rollouts - we’re intentionally rolling out in phases over time. Not everyone on an iOS or Android tablet will see the new home screen all at once.

When:
This phase begins Wednesday August 17 2022.

Note:
The New Home Screen is released server-side. You will also need to be on Zwift game version 1.28 or newer.

When will Apple TV get the new Home Screen?
As soon as we can. AppleTV is getting additional development time because the user interface is not a one-size-fits-all solution for all devices. The human interaction with an Apple TV remote is different from a mobile touch screen, or a mouse and keyboard. The past year has been dedicated to addressing these interface and display differences among varying devices to ensure each delivers a great user experience.

When will iOS and Android smartphones get the new Home Screen?
A small number of iOS and Android smartphone users will begin to see the new Home Screen. We will start rolling this out to more mobile users over the next few months.

When is “Ride with” another Zwifter coming back?
We’re targeting this fall to bring this feature back, though our priority is getting the new UI on all platforms.

What we’d like to ask from you:
Please continue to provide feedback on the new Home Screen Design. Your input continues to inform next steps.

5 Likes

Looks good, seems to be same as pc that i can see.

only thing i’d say is I’d like a scaling option like on PC as you only get two full rows of tiles.

and being a smaller screen even more reason to be able to customise the home screen to remove tiles you don’t use. e.g i never do standard workouts but might use pace partners

2 Likes

Would be awesome if it would automagically put the tiles I use most frequently in the top row. For me it’s the Routes tile, then Pace Partners, never workouts, and events only when I sign up through Companion or web.

5 Likes

Yes(!) custom Home Screen, hud, or nearly anything would be great and has been asked for, for many years at this point. I think my earliest comparisons is when I was playing Fortnite on my phone and starting questioning when so much is customizable there and nothing is here.

1 Like

I have used zwift on a tablet before but usually use it on my phone when using android, is the rollout going to be device specific or account specific?

so if people (like me) use both phones and tablets, will they see both home screens or will they also get the new one on their phone?

I got the new home screen on iPad today. A bit of a panic to figure out where the JUST START THE DAMN RIDE button was with only a few minutes before the start of an event. Nice that it takes you straight to the start pens.

1 Like

Hey Chris! The rollout is device specific, so you will not see the homescreen on your phone yet. We’re optimizing screen real estate before rolling out broadly to phones/smaller screens.

1 Like

Not an issue, just user feeling.

1- Filter can be improved

Races + Off the MAAP = Nothing in the screen as normally this is groupe ride.
Proposal
If races selected then remove off the MAAP in other filter

2- When we scroll up or down with finger on right side
The box are going to the left.
Exemple : move up down with finger at the middle and right of the screen.

3 Likes

:joy: I had exactly the same experience this afternoon not a clue how to start a ride.

1 Like

Apple TV “As soon as we can”. In other words, we have absolutely no idea. Otherwise you’d be more forthcoming, right?

2 Likes

Hello, is there a way to change the appearance from the new one to the old one /map selection menu/in cycling -

2 Likes

So just to check if someone uses both a tablet and a phone they will see two different Homescreens?

sadly not

Still unsure where I can see my progress in the challenge for the Tron bike.
It seems to have disappeared completely?

Challenge progress is still in the pause menu, where it used to be. You need to be in a world and riding.

As soon as we can. AppleTV is getting additional development time because the user interface is not a one-size-fits-all solution for all devices. The human interaction with an Apple TV remote is different from a mobile touch screen, or a mouse and keyboard.

The thing is, Zwift already knew this. The original “New UI” was ready to roll on AppleTV hardware first, some 3 years ago, then it was pulled. We don’t forget.

I trust you have done a better job with the Apple TV remote on the new-new-UI that you have so far.

2 Likes

Do not like the new look… Would be nice if you could choose ‘Zwift Classic’ to keep the previous interface. Also - appears that pace rider experience got worse.

3 Likes

Without the ability to pair up with another zwifter on the new UI, I am stuck starting every run at the beginning of the route. I only run a few miles at a time so I’m missing out on all that great content for the routes that are 20, 30, 50 miles long… Please bring that back (or enable runs to start somewhere other than the beginning of a route)!

3 Likes

Yup, that’s correct for now until we broadly roll out phones.