New Home Screen Update [September 2022]

Hi Zwifters.
We’re starting the phased roll out of the new home screen to Apple TV users today.
This other thread is last month’s home screen update for reference.

WHAT
Phase 1 will roll out to a small percentage of Apple TV users in all languages.
As with previous implementations on other operating systems - we’re intentionally rolling out in phases.

WHEN

• Phase 1 begins September 15, 2022.
  • We intend to roll out to all Apple TV users over the next month.

NOTE
The new home screen is enabled by Zwift HQ server-side. You should also be on the latest Zwift game version, which is 1.29.0 at the time of this writing.

Q: I am using iOS / Android and am still seeing the legacy home screen. When will I get the new one?
We are still in phased roll out to iOS and Android users over the next few months.

Q: When is “Ride with” another Zwifter coming back?
Our priority is getting the new UI on all platforms, but work is in progress to bring this feature back.

Q: What we’d like to ask from you:
Please continue to provide feedback on the new Home Screen Design. Your input continues to inform next steps.

6 Likes

Our priority is taking this feature away from everyone before we try and give it back to anyone.

5 Likes

So this is a phased roll out of a phased roll out? :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@S_ussex_Geezer
Your incisive wit does not phase me, sir. :wink:

3 Likes

New Homescreen on ATV, looks great and works great so far! Easy to navigate with the remote! Nice work!

3 Likes

How does it look, just the same as other platforms or has it been customised for the remote?

I’ve got the new home screen and it actually works well with the remote according to the very brief play that I had. I’ll have to dig into this properly.

5 Likes

Using the remote you can easily just keep moving to the right and the panes scroll accordingly. Less awkward than grabbing and dragging with the mouse on a PC.

1 Like

The arrow keys work. :wink:

2 Likes

It looks the same as the others. However, the old homescreen could be difficult to navigate with the infamous remote. This seems to work much better. I’m sure there are things that need improving as per the comments on this forum but it seemed better than the old version

1 Like

Yeah it appears to be exactly the same as the other platforms, which raises the question of why it’s taken so long. Anyway that aside, the same stuff is missing - just ride, ride with, previous world/route being stored etc. Meaning the whole “I can be riding in seconds” thing is redundant. Be interesting to read opinions on it. Navigation with the remote being more accurate is obviously a good thing, but I fully expect it’s going to be a lot slower than before.

I’m not a fan, tbh.

2 Likes

Has this just been rolled-out to ATV users world-wide?

As of yesterday after the latest tvOS and Zwift updates, I was still on the old version (not looked today).

Literally the OP. :wink:

2 Likes

Oops, thanks Dave :blush:

1 Like

I only saw it this morning (16th September)

Can the scaling be changed?

Great, rolling out a feature incomplete update. I was hoping they would have added back Ride With before getting to ATV…

Yes, the scaling can be changed.

AND OMG THE DIRECTIONAL BUTTONS ON THE LATEST ATV REMOTE NOW WORK WHEN SELECTING BIKES ETC IN THE GARAGE!!!

Sorry, just a bit excited there.

Thank you Zwift!

Anyone with an ATV who doesn’t have the latest Apple remore with physical buttons - do consider getting one now. Would be interesting to know if third-party remotes work properly now too.

6 Likes

Those newer Siri zappers aren’t cheap though, which eliminates another oft-cited benefit. :wink: