New Home Screen Update [August 2022]

Whaaaat … "ride with2 function is not availabe … I start right now again training and this function was always the best … to meet with friends, motivation, etc . … for me … 70% of the funcionality of Zwift has gone … :wink: … so possibly I try out other programs …

Today I swapped over to my laptop to see if indeed I miss / need the bump in graphics compared to my ATV4K.

I’m not going to comment on the layout of the new home screen, as I presume that’s now staying, but want confused/frustrated me, is that I’m unable to navigate the new screen without a mouse, trying to use just the arrow keys and enter / esc to go back forwards and select things is impossible.

Being able to use just these keys - or even just the standard numpad keys would be really useful.

I am able to use the arrow navigation and enter/esc keys on my laptop to move around the new Home Screen but I don’t know why some can and some can’t.

Possibly @Dave_ZPCMR might be able to help.

Maybe related, I guess depending on what type of laptop, but I noticed the below Info blurb on Zwift’s “Supported Devices to Run Zwift” page. I certainly can seem to use my touchscreen, and use it to scroll over the rows and up/down the homepage etc. So what do they mean?

If something doesn’t work they will ignore your complaints more than their normal level of ignoring complaints.

lol. but seriously, touchscreen windows laptop works pretty well for Zwift homescreen navigating.

Simple task of ‘Just Ride’ is conterintuitive.

Click on the world & no ‘Just Ridee’ option. Surely it should be an option here.

So there it is, at the bottom of the home screen. But … I don’t want to ride a defined route, yet to start ‘Just Ride’, I have to select a route!!! That’s nuts. Selecting any of the options immediately ignores any distinction between selecting a route & getting into the world from the ‘Just Ride’ options, so it doesn’t exist. Get rid of it entirely, or fix it.

• List item

remembering the last route ridden from the current world selection (as it did before) and having this as the first option on either the world selection or just ride tabs would seem an easy fix to this.

The September update thread for new home screen is live. Please move conversation over there, thanks. I’m closing this thread now.