Invisible Avatars in Races

There was an issue reported last July where certain avatars were not visible in races sometimes, but it seems to have become more pervasive in the last way release. I have won my last two races; however, apparently no racers could see me in either race.

In July this seemed to be isolated to or at least primarily Apple TV users. However, this version of the issue presents across multiple platforms.

In both recent races the position / placing indicator was broken the whole race, ie in one race I was shown as 37/42 the whole race and the other 72/75 the whole race.

My understanding from the past is there is a known issue where zwift places racers in ā€œseparate identicalā€ races. Initially this seems to fit that known issue; however it is happening with increased frequency and scale.

I would like to emphasize this is 100% not a network or local issue. This appears to be an application issue or a web service issue.

Iā€™ve had this happen to 3 different team mates / squad members in the last 10 days. Two were on Kickr Core and one was on a Kickr bike - happened in Prem League TTT (8th Feb), WTRL Platinum League TTT (11th Feb) and ZRL Womenā€™s EMEA Div 1 last night. I know one was on iOS. Trying to check in with the other two what they are using.

4 Likes

Same issue. Use laptop windows with bluetooth connection to tacx vortex.
So no user of wattbike/kickr/elito sterring device or apple tv

2 Likes

This effected our WTRL ZRL event last night. We had two teammates off the front and they clinched the win and second place only to see the final placing included a rider whose avatar was invisible and their name never showed on the leaderboard the entire race. She ā€œwonā€ by 15 seconds. No doubt she put in a hard effort but there is no way to race against a participant you donā€™t know is racing.

9 Likes

This happened to me last week in the wtrl ttt and at least one tour of zwift event. Iā€™m on Apple TV. I think it randomly self corrected but I use my lap top just in case now.

4 Likes

This happened to one of our riders in the wtrl race league, apac, cat A, two days ago. He finished with the front pack on the final sprint but nobody saw him and he canā€™t be seen in the community live cast. But he is in the Zwiftpower results and he saw everyone from his perspective.

5 Likes

I had the same thing on Tuesday night. No other riders could see me and it showed me as being 14/14 even though I actually won the racešŸ˜œ our DS couldnā€™t even find me to ride with me.

3 Likes

This happened to me 2 weeks ago in the TTT. It always occurs if I disconnect steering on the Wattbike Atom.

3 Likes

This exact thing happened to me in this weekā€™s ZRL race. My position showed as 92/94 for the whole race and my teammates couldnā€™t see me (so I assume no one could). Same thing for another one of my teammates too. For the record we were both using Apple TV.

2 Likes

Hi, same problem for me in WRTL race on Tuesday night. I was invisible to everyone for the entire race. The info on the right side was all over the shop, sometimes it was correct and other times riders who were some minutes behind would appear and then disappear from the list. I have Apple TV and a Tacx Neo. Regards jodie

2 Likes

This may have happened to me this week in ZRL Americaā€™s East C1. Zwift reported I was 78 of 81 most of the race, but finished 34. Unlike others that won, I thought I was having a bad week when I couldnā€™t hold the wheels of the 1st, 2nd, and 3 rd groups on accelerations. I probably was, but maybe other magic at work. I am on Apple TV.

2 Likes

I just realized the other rider in my meetup tonight could not see my avatar, so maybe this is still going on.

1 Like

Same exact issue. Happened to me on Sunday in Stages of DIRT race and the Tuesday ZRL West B1. I was invisible the entire race, 82/85 or something no matter where I was. Felt bad that others couldnā€™t see me.

I had teammates in my group (via discord) that confirmed I was not visible. Good thing I was a non factor in the race.

3 Likes

Same problem for me Tuesday night. And missing riders around me, I became aware of after the race in WTRL ZRL APAC-C1 7.17pm. Equipment Kickr, and Ipad. No Apple TV. Bluetooth to wifi

2 Likes

I have this issue. Reported to Zwift Support and acknowledged (eventually).

Same symptoms as described above. I had also posted a separate thread on this forum but this one supersedes.

The problem appears intermittently- less likely to appear if I donā€™t touch any buttons or hit OK on any of the Zwift notices about steering but itā€™s not an exact science and hard to replicate consistently.

I run a Kickr Bike with Apple TV.

2 Likes

Same issue. Happened to me on Tuesday race, the leaderboard showed me as 87/89 from the beginning, I actually finished 23rd; other riders could t see me. Iā€™m on Apple TV with Bluetooth paired through companion app.
It also happened during the TTT last week, I ended up dropping off the ride
, so didnā€™t see it through.

2 Likes

This happened to me a couple weeks ago in the WTRL TTT. I could see my team but they couldnā€™t see me. They only knew I was there because my name showed on the lap leaderboard but not on the race leaderboard. Also odd was that the race leaderboard did not show some riders even when I could see their avatars. Virtual mechanicals suck
Apple TV, Kickr Bike.

2 Likes

Same thing happened last night to one of our teammates, I couldnā€™t see him but he could see us.

2 Likes

Yes, same for me Tues night wtrl. 81/81 from start for the whole race. Was off the front easily a few times. Now obviously no one could see me. Kickr core and laptop

3 Likes

This happened to me in the Alpe Dash by Herd Racing on Sunday Feb 14th and last night Feb 16th in the WTRL ZRL Americas W C division race. In both cases I showed as last on the leaderboard through the entire event and nobody could see me, although I could see all other avatars. I was actually 1/27 the entire race in the WTRL event last night and first on each of the three KOMs (which did appear correctly in game). My results were correct when the events finished and no issues syncing to Zwift Power. Please fix this Zwift !! It is unfortunate to have a result tainted by an in-game glitch.
I was using Zwift on Apple TV and riding a Kickr Core

3 Likes