Garmin HRM no signal [SOLVED]

I created a 5ghz wifi network. Connected my iPhone XS and same thing. Connects to Garmin HRM but no signal.

2 Likes

is there any ways you can use windows 10 laptop to try? I’m using windows 10 laptop. And android for the companion…also tplink dual band router, and magene hrm. this is my config. it’s been working so far

i‘ve got the same issue with the hrm dual an the iphone xs (14.2). all of a sudden it says „no signal“. i have the same issue with the tacx app on my iphone. when using the zwift or tacx app on my mac everything works fine. therefore i assume it‘s an iphone issue

Hi, same here. To begin I did a full restore after reset and still didn’t work, but when I did a full reset and manual restore of just wahoo and zwift apps, it worked. Clearly there was conflict with another app that I had on my iPad that resulted in the issue.

Restarted iphone. still same issue. Network reset. still same issue. I then wrote Garmin to ask if they are aware of any issues. According to their feedback the hrm dual never worked with iphone/zwift :thinking: What a lousy support

Something I have not tried yet, since I have not wanted to stop my HRM working again since doing a full reset, is to reload the Garmin Connect app. A long shot, but since it is an app that could compete with the HRM it might be worth a try to delete that app (if you have it loaded) and see if it makes a difference.

IMHO it is not an iPhone issue because it works with my 6S model but it doesn’t work anymore (it worked for a month and than it stopped) with my iPhone XS model. It could be the Garmin app as Gordon said.

Interesting because on my iPhone XS where I also have the Garmin Connect app installed it doesn’t work anymore but it continues to work without any problems on my 6S where there is no Garmin Connect app installed.

in my case it worked fine until 22.11. on 23.11. i upgraded garmin connect to 4.37.1 and since then it‘s not working anymore. coincidence?

Same problem, Zwift saying HRM connected but no display, have tried everything to solve it with no luck. Problem appears to be with iPhone 7 but it was working fine for a week and I haven’t done anything different or made any changes.
Looks like it’s bye bye Zwift

It’s not a Zwift problem. It will happen with any cycling app. Do you have the Garmin Connect app installed on your iPhone?

Hi Marko…
Yes I have the Garmin Connect app on my phone

I have two iPhones:

• XS model with Garmin connect app installed : it did work for a few weeks than it stopped and it doesn’t work anymore with any app
  • iPhone 6S: no Garmin connect and it works with: zwift, fulgaz, rouvy, kinomap…

I did not try to uninstall the garmin connect from the XS because I am using the 6s for my cycling but this could be the problem…

So… after far too much wasted time the only fix is to buy a Wahoo HRM… problem solved but very annoying

Same problem here. I have the Garmin dual HRM paired with iPhone. “No signal” in Swift and didn’t work with any other Iphone app such as Wahoo. I updated to IOS 14.2 last Friday but still had the “no signal” problem. I trained for an hour in Swift right after that, and same problem. Then, this Monday I opened Zwift, connected it to my trainer, and the HRM just started working perfectly. I did an hour and 20 minutes training and I the HRM never lost connection. BTW, before that,the HRM always worked fine with my Garmin Fenix 5X connected through Ant+

2 Likes

Hi @Guillermo_Isaac_Jime! Thanks for posting this. It gives me hope that the “no signal” situation might be fixed. I’ll try to connect my Garmin Dual HRM when I ride today and see whether it’s fixed for me too. Since the end of October I’ve been unable to connect the HRM to the game using AppleTV and the Zwift companion app.

1 Like

OK, reading the thread it appears there may be more than one problem, for me Window 10 PC, same symptoms, will connect in Zwift but no signal / HR. So my WIFI router has two options 2.4GHZ or 5GHZ, on 2.4GHZ I get the problem, swap to 5GHZ it connects and it reads perfectly. I haven’t connected yet with my trainer on but the behaviour is black and white, the HR monitor was being affected by the WIFI signal, I am hoping my trainer when on does not do the same, I will report back once I have completed a ride.

2 Likes

I have a quick update on this…
I tried everything, have spent so many hours fault finding that it is now days.
I wont repeat all the details - please read back at earlier comments for our full setup if needed.

So, after exhausting all other possibilities, I have found a solution and now had about three weeks of perfect connections through Companion App with Apple TV again: Power, Controllable, Cadence and Garmin Heart Rate. Woo hoo!

Solution: I’m running Zwift Companion on an old iPhone 5 model. I suspect an issue with newer version Bluetooth 5 version on my iPhone 11. The Kickr Snap uses Bluetooth 4. I really don’t know - maybe clutching at straws.
Do make a quick check that the Wahoo app hasn’t connected to your HR. Even after finding that and disconnecting it did not resolve.

(However, all connections used to all work on my iPhone 11, from July to October2020 - but then the No Signal issue started. I have reset my iPhone 11 and this did not fix, and neither did the latest iOS version14.2).

I now turn on Apple TV first, then Companion App on old iPhone 5, then turn on the Bike Trainer and it all connects automatically and ERG mode works.

Good luck everyone.

2 Likes

Thanks @_SueMe ! I still don’t have a workable solution, but will see if one of the kids has an old iPhone that I can put the companion app on. Maybe that will work… I appreciate the update!

Ride On!

I’m having the same issue.

Tacx Neo 2T, Ipad with Zwift and iphone with companion app.

A signal does pick up at the beginning, occasionally (otherwise usually ‘no signal’). But when I join a race, the signal stops. Really annoying if you’re trying to record your rides on Zwift Power (and need the heart rate).

My garmin HRM came with my Edge 1030 (bought this year). Its Bluetooth.