Garmin HRM no signal [SOLVED]

My Bluetooth Garmin HRM has been working fine with Zwift for weeks but now connects with my iPad only to immediately inform me “no signal” and failing to produce heart rate readings.

Any ideas why?

You might need to wet the pads and your chest in order for it to register. Skin gets dry in the winter and makes it difficult for the HRM to work correctly.

4 Likes

I wish that was the case but it connects perfectly well with my Edge 130 via ANT+

Have you tried a new battery?

1 Like

Hi @Blake_Edwards welcome to the Zwift forums
Is the HRM also paired simultaneously to the Edge 130? If you are, what happens if you power down the Edge?

You might also try force-quitting the Zwift (and Companion) apps on your iOS and TVOS devices after each use. I have found that this solves the ‘no signal’ issue, though I truly don’t understand why.

It appears that there are no issues with my HRM as it works perfectly with everything but my iPad.

Bluetooth devices can only create a 1:1 connection, so this leads to me to ask:

Is the HRM connected directly to the iPad like you’d connect bluetooth earpods? If you got to Settings > Bluetooth, is that device stored there? If so, have the iPad “forget this device” by clicking on the lower case letter i.

The HRM should connect to the Zwift app, rather than the iPad. If the iPad has the HRM stored, it’ll connect automatically and the Bluetooth signal will no longer be open for any of the applications running on the iPad.

4 Likes

Right, Really fed up now… The HRM connects and works perfectly with my iphone 7+ but the screen is obviously too small for that to be the final solution. It appears to be an issue with the ipad. This seems strange as it runs exactly the same IOS version as the iphone 7+. Equally it’s not just a problem with Zwift it also fails to show a heart rate reading with other apps such as wahoo. To take it even further I have made sure that every device in my house does NOT have a connection with my HRM… still stumped???

1 Like

Same problem here but on an iPhone XR, tried many different iterations of connecting/not-connecting, same issue.

Works fine on other devices and via ANT+ too.

Just got a Kickr, about to try the months free trainerroad, see if it works there…

Welcome to the forum @hank_Scorpio

Is the Garmin HR strap duel band Bluetooth and ANT+. the Iphone don’t have Ant+

3 Likes

same here! Is driving me crazy!
Works perfectly on iPad, all apps. No signal on iPhone. Tried deleting everything possible in Bluetooth ans Health setup, deleter apps, reinstalled. It connects but the phone cant read the data. Please get this bug fixed!

probably some setting problem. It might work after a phone reset. but thats a lot of effort for a silly hrm strap. hoped things would just work from alone.

Garmin HRM Dual; updated firmware and updated IPhone 11Pro; Zwift App on Apple TV, running latest version of Zwift Companion App on phone. Using IPhone to connect to senators and it will connect to Garmin HRM but says “No Signal”. Apple TV, Garmin Head Unit and a different Bluetooth device all pick up and receive HR data and display but Zwift won’t.

1 Like

Hi @Lee_Weikert_USMES welcome to Zwift forums
Shuji at Zwift HQ here. I’m looking at your sessions on the server logs and there’s a heart rate sensor called a Rhythm+ paired to your game app. Do you happen to own this Schosche HRM by that name? From this end, it looks like this one is auto-pairing and getting in the way of your Garmin.

If that’s the case - would you try removing the battery from the Scosche and pairing the Garmin HRM next time you start the game?

4 Likes

I have same problem with my garmin dual hrm. Using PC and Android for Zwift Companion App

2 Likes

Hi @Mark_Labit welcome to Zwift forums.

In your case - I’m seeing some sessions where you pair successfully to the Garmin HRM, and others where you don’t. You have the same game version throughout, so it’s probably not related to that.

In the partial log files that are sync’ed to the server, I’m seeing some sessions where you have poor network and Bluetooth quality, and other sessions where the signal is ok-not-great.

You can see what’s happening for yourself by locating the log files from the days when you had difficulty, and uploading them to zwiftalizer.com. This is a third party site that analyzes your log files. Instructions to locate log files are here.

These are things you can do to improve Bluetooth signal at your location.

3 Likes

Same issue as described by others. I have a Garmin HRM that is connecting but shows as “No Signal”. The first couple days it worked fine but about a week ago it stopped working. I’ve tried disconnecting the HRM from all other devices with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 Likes

@shooj Any help?

Same problem here. Garmin HRM Had worked flawlessly with Apple TV until this week — last 2 rides.

2 Likes