Game Update v1.49 [September 2023]

I’m experiencing lower fps with this update. Its causing my tv to flicker because fps drop so low that VRR can’t cope with it. Normally, the fps never fall below 80, now it goes below 40.

Everyone please note.

4 Likes

Has the pack dynamics switch been flipped? If not is there an expected time for that?

2 Likes

Not quite yet. Zoon™

UPDATE: We’ll turn on the pack dynamics refinements on Monday.

6 Likes

7 Likes

I actually noticed it prior to 1.49 so maybe it’s a Zwift Play firmware issue?

1 Like

I wonder if it’s caused by the same reason that all the Zwift event pages (on the Zwift web page, where you sign up for the event) lack all that information.
Is it because the “source” of these event descriptions don’t even have that info available, or is it because the same person designed both…and and just couldn’t find any reason to know which course you’re riding, e.g., whether it’s Uber Pretzel or Flat route you’re doing a 3-lap event on?

If Netflix had so many bugs for £12.99 a month, subscribers would have a lot to say about it. Hold on, they do….Zwift HQ, sort it out! You should be ironing out all the issues before release and please Eric, don’t tell me to vote with my wallet! This platform has so much potential as you know, but cyclists are keen on data and proficiency!

5 Likes

Just lead a ride this eve after update. No fence?

Bug. BMTR Group Ride on Watopia’s Wasteband. Sticky route selection choices for Mont Ventoux and Mont St Michel.

I’ve seen this too, unrelated to the 1.49 release

2 Likes

ZHQ we seriously need an immediate patch on this fence not working on group rides…

I’ve run out of digits to count how the number of times I’ve heard about it now; and we all just got the update last night…

Not sure if it’s specific to windows as of yet, but majority of accounts I’ve been informed of are from windows pc users.

1 Like

AHDR (D Funday Friday) ride tonight, fenceless, lost half the group to following flyers. Hardworking sweeps kept the tail in the blob until it settled down.

There are a lot of 100km rides this weekend (AHDR has 3 alone), thinking of the Leaders, Sweeps & Keeps at this time, it’s not going to be fun.

Edit: Leader was using Apple TV

Did you really compare an online multiplayer video game to an online depot of premade video content? Ay yi yi. :-1:

2 Likes

I have an issue where my Zwift Hub doesn’t provide any resistance once I have completed a workout and continue in free ride mode. It will only provide resistance again once I have go e through the following steps: I have to lower the trainer difficulty setting to zero, then I have to exit out of the menu, then I have to pull the menu up again and set the trainer difficulty to my desired level.

1 Like

The fence for me wasn’t where it normally is. It was down the bottom in the pop up bar next to View/PU etc,

It didn’t appear as it used to, once selected it stays on screen. It’s not that obvious.

Did you check there?

I am on a PC and fully up to date.

2 Likes

No coffee stop for anyone on group ride today. Ended up having to end my ride because I couldn’t rejoin after stopping. No fence either.

Me too. Only issue with 1.47 was the disappearing ride-on indicator. 1.48 broke steering and I hoped that 1.49 would have fixed it but no joy.

Game engine flickering was very odd today. It was visible on the minimap. Black areas (where no map is shown) constantly flickering between black and greyish. Also the background flickered, especially light areas. Zwiftalizer also shows a lot of fps drops, which weren’t there before 1.49. There must be an issue with this version. Watching the game screen gets unbearable after a few minutes.

Running on what? Are video screenshots enabled in settings?