Game Update 1.58 [February 2024]

This has been an issue at least since 2019…

I switched away from Wattbike since 2020 so cant specifically confirm now, but based on your comment, this exactly matches the issue seen then so I guess no fix…

6 posts were split to a new topic: KICKR Core reports zero watts [Feb 2024] [1.58]

“Hate limitations”? It should read, hate reality and or facts?

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Buildings across the road in Yorkshire [1.58]

My h2 is having resistance issues. I have to stop and unplug a few times but it seems to work ok

Note: 1.58 is available to all OS platforms.

1 Like

Has the promised update for Apple Watch functionality as a heart rate sensor for Zwift been released? I have an Apple Watch Ultra II and it still can not be used reliably (if at all) as a heart rate sensor for Zwift.

3 Likes

After the update I had a pixilated bar in front of bike, it changed between being a straight line across the road to a vee shaped line.
Did wonder if it was a visualisation of the draft effect in any way.
Will check for any ios updates (macbook air) and if it is still there when I ride tomorrow then I will get a screen shot.
Cheers, Andy.

Does it look like the pictures in this thread? It’s been happening for a while with AMD GPUs, which I assume you do not have.

1 Like

At some point in the last few weeks my Yahoo Kicker Bike stopped tilting up and down in reaction to changes in grade. I suspect this was probably the result of an update. Unfortunately I don’t know exactly when it stopped working.

I love Zwift also but their Quality leadership needs rework - it looks like their VP of Quality is still in their position, if the Zwift Profile information is correct. I consider this unfortunate given that there was undoubtedly good talent released recently. There are some clear limitations in how they innovate and the problems definitely start at the top. It’s a shame; the engineering team is great but there are some clear suboptimal processes at play that impact the experience for us.

Honestly unless an update is deemed to be critical, users should be able to “opt-in” to move up a build, and if it doesn’t work well for them for whatever scenario, have the option to roll back one or two builds.

Anti-rollback functionality could be implemented to target build levels which are considered “minimum”. With an upgrade release cadence of every two weeks, there isn’t going to be a 100% take rate for global users at any given time, anyway. Especially not if the environments used are mobile, where people may have intentionally disabled automatic updates.

Doing it this way could considerably mitigate reactive support in having to build up new software releases based off of old versions, and alleviate support requests when someone says “this isn’t working for me”, so they roll back to the most recent build which worked, THEN comment here and focus development time on fixing issues forward versus incorporating legacy code into future software releases.

The original 1.57 release was likely fine for many Zwifters, but we never had an option to observe and feedback, and nearly three weeks of forward development were sidestepped due to inefficiencies in the way software deployments are currently managed.

1 Like

Very similar, yes.

No idea what graphics chipset is inside my macbook.

After reading the thread reckon I might have to grow accustomed to it.

Hi @S_o_Many_Roads welcome back to Zwift forums.

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. Can you provide a little more context? Do you feel no resistance at all when you ride? Does the power drop to zero all of a sudden and you feel no resistance either? Does an uphill not feel more difficult?

Can you clarify what you’re unplugging? Not sure what you mean here, and also not sure if what you unplugged is resolving the problem?

I looked at your server logs and see you have an ANT+ dongle for your PC. Can I ask you to try something? What happens if you remove the ANT dongle from your PC and connect your H2 over Bluetooth instead? Are the issues you’re raising improved?

I tried to ride the Champs Elysee tonight and the resistance was extremely high. I could not peddle but it showed my zooming down the Champs at 40 mph! I am a fairly slow rider. Generally my average is 14. I signed off and then back on. It was still impossible for me to pedal. I have a kicker and a sterzo.

Love Zwift. But yes, please can we have more levels of privacy. I dont necessarily want all my followers knowing when im zwifting.

7 Likes

Like my boss…LOL

Wattbilke atom still has resistance issues on free ride - no difference in the functionality problems encountered as prior to this update!

Just waiting Portuguese version

A post was merged into an existing topic: Shadow line appears across the road | Intel graphics [February 2024]

Is my Tacx Flux S stopping me from receiving Zwift Power points over the last 3 weeks?