Game Update 1.18 - October 20th, 2021

Hey Zwifters, we have released version 1.18 of the game client, which includes a number of new features, improvements and bug fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

New Features and Content

• Added the Le Col Training with Legends workouts, 12 in total. These workouts will become available on November 1 2021 at 00:01am GMT.
  • Added new Workout of the Week workouts.
  • Added the Liv Langma SL Advanced Disc and Moots Vamoots RCS to the Drop Shop.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause long straight lines to appear on the map during route selection.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause a crash when returning to the home screen after ending an activity on PC and Mac.
  • Fixed an issue which caused Zwifters to be unable to use their phone as a steering device on Repack Ridge.
  • Fixed an issue which caused dialogue to go missing on the first ride tutorial.
  • Fixed an issue where gravity would play favorites with some lucky Zwifters, giving them the power of flight. Since Zwift is not a flight simulator (yet?!), we had to put a stop to that.
  • Fixed an issue which caused a delay in the Pace Partners appearing in the home screen.
  • Fixed an issue where pedal assist would not activate when joining a Pace Partner in certain situations.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed Zwifters to do a quick u-turn on a route and get the achievement for the reverse version of their current route.
  • Fixed an issue where Bluetooth devices could not be detected for Zwifters running MacOS Monterey.

Update 1.18.1 - October 21st, 2021

We have released a small update to 1.18 to address two critical issues. This update is currently available on PC, MacOS, iOS, Android and Apple TV.

• Fixed an issue that would cause Zwifters to continue moving while in the pairing screen when they should have been stopped automatically.
  • Fixed an issue on MacOS which would cause large black boxes and other visual anomalies to appear on screen.

Update 1.18.2 - November 8th, 2021

We have released a small update to 1.18.1 to address an issue on MacOS devices. The 1.18.2 update will only be available to MacOS devices.

• Fixed an issue causing a crash on some older Macs when launching Zwift.

Update 1.18.3 - November 10th, 2021

We have released a small update to 1.18.2 to address an issue on MacOS devices. The 1.18.3 update will only be available to MacOS devices.

• Really fixed an issue causing a crash on some older Macs when launching Zwift.

If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

42 Likes

Looking forward to the new Neokyo expansion in November! Here is my article containing my thoughts, a frequently updated bugs list, images of the new content, and more. Feel free to check it out: Zwift October Update 1.18 - ZRace Central

4 Likes

Some reports from Mac users seeing a blank screen after a succesful login have been split into its own thread.

If you’re having similar symptoms, please join us on this other thread

Finally some in-game titanium!

That anti-gravity heisenbug has been around for ages (never got it myself but have seen it in action a couple of times and heard of race efforts abandoned because of it), good to see that it is finally fixed.

2 Likes

Here are a couple of other ‘bugs’ I have not seen mentioned elsewhere (though they may have been and I just missed them):

1. On the ATV app, the ‘ride with’ window never shows anyone but the Pace Partners and people you are following. On other platforms I use (iPadOS) I always see a long list, including any pros presently riding/running.
  2. On both ATV and iPadOS versions (and possibly more?) there is no option to take the left turn onto the ‘new’ stretch of road just before the reverse sprint in Watopia (at the sea lions). It seems like this should be an option.
1 Like

Quick question: Was the weight of the Shimano Dura Ace updated? Or is it still heavier than the other components?

5 Likes

@Oliver_ZRace_Central
I will ask.

Update: Still investigating this issue @Oliver_ZRace_Central.

3 Likes

Thanks for fixing the pedal assist bug (no pedal assist when joining pacer after finishing an event). This has been an annoying problem for months.

1 Like

Looks like Crit City but more complex. One month to wait, I guess.

1 Like

Godzilla! :wink:

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: [Pairing Screen bug {October 2021]

@shooj will we ever get an option to discard items from our garage? After several years of Zwifting, it becomes unmanageable with all the extra clutter that we never use.

20 Likes

I’ve gotta give Zwift credit where it’s due. They always seem to find new and interesting ways to have bugs.

13 Likes

You so funny…Lol…

Another update and my hopes of a fix for any of my lists of Zglitches, dashed again. :slight_smile: :grimacing:

1 Like

I can confirm that this is an issue on Mac.

4 Likes

If you’re on Windows and noticed the scroll bar is missing on route selection, please join this thread for updates: Route selection scroll bar missing on Windows [October 2021] [1.18.0]

3 posts were split to a new topic: U-Turn lock limit rider to 24km/h

Sounds like a more damage than updates and bug fixes after i have read threads involving this latest update. Need to test my MacBook Pro after my nightshift.

1 Like

I’d love a fix for my sudden problem of delayed lagging gradients :rofl:

6 Likes