Game Update 1.29 [September 2022]

can we donate drops to charity ? ive far more than i need

How many is too many?

4 Likes

This isn’t working. Circle isn’t present in an event, same as before. Unless there’s some other way to do it?

Edit: probably awaiting a Companion app update.

6 Likes

Still broken from May update:

It didn’t work for me either - other people saw fire but I never did. I thought everyone was kidding about the fire socks initially and didn’t get what they were talking about. I even went back to my stream to see if I could find it - definitely was above the 1.5x FTP but never saw anything on my side. I wonder if it’s a bug.

Fire socks trigger when you hit 6 w/kg.

1 Like

For how long?
I was at >700W for about 25 seconds without having anything triggered.
That’s nearly 10 W/kg.

No idea what the official length they light up the road is. I can’t push 6 w/kg for long!
Everyone else on my pace partner that had the socks, and pushed 6 w/kg, was triggering them on my last ride.

I have a customer workout that i edit from time to time, change the segments power or times, add bits, remove bits.

After the last update it seems to have gone back to an old version of it.

It’s not a specific wattage for everybody. I triggered them on a short climb where the max I pushed was 574W (~5.6W/kg), avg 465W. My FTP is 270W, so that fits with the 1.5x that others have said.

I’ve been on zwift for 6 years, I lost 75% of my XPs so at the double rate it’ll take me 2 years to get them back.

I think if you care about levels or levelling up they just make hilly routes less appealing.

1 Like

good point… maybe they should also award 1XP per meter of climbing or somesuch?

You still collect XP on the descent even if not pedaling. If I don’t feel like riding more from the top of ADZ, I just pedal to the start of the descent, get off the bike, and my avatar will coast all the way to the bottom, collecting XP all the way. So you already get “free” XP from a climb. If you pedal minimum watts down the hill, you also get “free” drops.

1 Like

I think the alpe is still a good way to get XP if you use an interval workout the whole way up, get the bonus XP after you’ve unlocked all the stuff, and then coast down for the descending XP.

2 Likes

AdZ is 12kms though? So round trip 24km you get about 480XP, for a trip that takes say 1.25hrs or so? Where on flat ground you’d do somewhat better. I just thing also a little incentive to folks for departing from flat routes couldn’t hurt. Would apply to all gain, even the little bumps on the ‘flat routes’.

If you do an interval workout up you get much more Xp than just riding up, then you get the bonus XP for finishing the alpe which is pretty big too. Then you get the normal XP for descending.

1 Like

You can get more XPs when riding a workout up!

1 Like

Right, so if you are fully doing intervals up the alpe you get 12xp per min, then you get either 250xp or 1000 xp bonus at the top if you’ve unlocked everything, then you get the normal Xp for coasting down the alpe. So for a 60 min alpe interval climb you would get 720+250+(20x13km) = 1230XP (assuming you finish that last KM at the bottom, or 720+1000+(20x13km)=1980XP (if you get the lucky 1000Xp bonus which seems to happen a lot actually). Which is not bad for one 60 min effort - though you still need about 10-12 mins to get to the climb, which would be another 120-140XP if using an interval workouts.

Fair enough - it would be nice to encourage more riders on the climbs. But this discussion is probably as pointless as suggesting roads to add. We’re talking about design decisions Zwift has already spent a lot of time thinking about, so I’d bet money on nothing coming of it.

You’ll always have a higher average speed on the flat than up and down a big climb