Game Update 1.29 [September 2022]

Which is why I’m suggesting using an interval workout (12XP per min instead of per km) plus the XP bonus. The km you get on the way down are a bonus because you can be off the bike. You would have to bike 99km to get the same XP as the 1000xp bonus alpe run to get the equivalent XP for instance.

Same … I was up at 7 wkg and nothing showed on my screen (wish I could do 10 wkg :sweat_smile: ). Apparently everyone else could see it so I think it’s a bug on some platforms. In the meantime, I’m just saying that I got a defective pair of socks :joy:

Since the last update the pop up on the companion app to dismiss the end of workout summary doesn’t appear.

Do people really get off the trainer for descents? Call me old fashioned but i like to think the point of training indoors is to actually pedal.

I’m not overly bothered by levels i’ll get to 60 when i get there.

I’m just not sure what the point of levels are? Are they meant to make people cycle more? if so penalising hillier routes seems odd. Or is it just for willy waving/bragging rights for people who live stream?

personally i like to see my total mileage and total ascent increase
Having a level as some kind of Total mileage/X + Total ascent/Y seems to make more sense/be fairer really.

They tried to address that with drops but drops are a bit meaningless too once you have bought what you want, how often do people change bikes or wheels?

1 Like

I’m in the ‘endless iexpomentially longer to get levels’ camp.Agree it’s not the rewards but the sudden stop of any digital dopamine was disconcerting and nice to have volume/distance ‘ticker’ of some kind (I’m still working on ‘circumference of the earth….3/4 there…others were like ‘each year?’ No…I’ll be happy to hit one or two ‘loops’ thanks! I’m still riding a bunch sure but looking around for what to pursue in the game next. But infinite ever expanding levels … perfect ….a metaphor for cycling itself :raised_hands:

This isn’t a bad idea actually.
As levels get longer and longer maybe if there were more challenges to tick off that would be good.
Challenges you could do multiple times rather than just complete.

Like once you finish the Everest climb you could start it again with a counter.

1 Like

They could combine it with some of the “prestige” suggestions.

This one was my suggestion for a system that displayed multiple completions on jerseys.

This is a suggestion for resetting level back to 1 and having a special symbol that shows how many times someone’s hit 50 (or now 60).

1 Like

The font was jumping all over the place before this update also, but now that they swapped out the old font it’s remarkable that they didn’t bother to use a new one with monospaced numbers! Using a font with proportional numbers in a game like Zwift is just absurd. Zwift, will you please hire a UI-designer that have some knowledge about typography!

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, what platform do you use zwift on?

The font (both old and new) do move around a bit for me but nothing i would class as jumping around all over the place or overly distracting. Can’t say it has ever bothered me too much.

I use windows on a 24 inch TV. was just wondering if it affects different platforms/screen sizes more than others?

Numbers don’t jump from one side of the screen to the other side, but since Zwift’s interface is so heavily occupied with numbers, they create a lot of unnecessary jumping around on most part of the screen.
Google «Proportional vs. Monospaced Numbers: When to use which one in order to avoid “Wiggling Labels”» to see an Medium-article with some GIFs explaining these kind of issues.

1*5Hy8C28ZA4Scy8evCfSZSA

6 Likes

I know what you mean, and i do see the numbers move a bit side to side but not enough to bother me. some people seem to be saying they move about so much it affects their ability to see what is going on.

No offense but the new Custom Workouts screen is a disaster for me.

I have quite a few workouts and the new Workouts page has made it damn near impossible to find anything. Granted, I can get to the old screen by selecting a workout, but if that deeper screen is going away, I’m done.

According to the new Workouts page I have 202 custom workouts. Many I ride on rotation, and some I create and ride once. Some are copied from the main workout offerings. But the first thing I see is the ‘Duration’ finder box to find a workout. 0 to 30, 0 to 60? Wow… I have so many rides that finding them that way could take so long I could forget I wanted to ride. And it sure helps that they aren’t sorted by name!

Here’s some suggestions:

• Make the old list optional. Have it so people can choose to see things ‘the old way’, just the same as it was. (Or do not get rid of the old page that making a selection dumps people to)

• If that’s not an option, then in the search bars, have it setup to show ‘0 to 30’, ‘31 to 60’, ‘61 to 120’, ‘121 to 180’, and ‘181 and longer’, sorted by name.

• If possible have a ‘Most ridden’ section too, and a ‘Last ridden’ showing the last 5 or so workouts done.

• If someone chooses ‘Effort’, can they be sorted by duration?

I know, with all these workouts, I should probably be on TrainerRoad, but it’s too boring. Shrug

Thanks…

2 Likes

100% agree on this!

It’s worth bearing in mind that everyone’s experience is different. Some people find it harder to read than others, particularly with dyslexia, but also with sight and other vision issues. Some fonts are harder to read than others, and can exacerbate readability problems.

So it’s quite possible that something that a person could cope with in one font becomes more of a problem with a different one.

6 Likes

Yeah i know, I wasn’t suggesting it wasn’t.
That is why i was asking if it was better/worse on different platforms or screen sizes but I take your point that someone’s personal circumstances will also come in to it.

Why is everyone frosty on this release? There’s a new sheen on surface edges in the light that looks a bit silly. Makes all the avatars have a white outline.

Agreed - with close to 22 million drops, I don’t see anything I want to purchase!

Aero socks. 5 Watts. 5000000 drops. Level 50 unlock.

I’m in the position of still being light but also not having much strength or power so I don’t dare stop turning the pedals or I get automatically slowed down. It’ happens if I’m doing 38km/h speed drops a little bit then I slow quickly after that. So I don’t get to coast even for a little bit.

The fire socks still don’t work.
25s at 150-200% of FTP and nothing happened:

If it matters for the debuggers, I’m on macOS (a Mac with an external GPU (which gives ultra settings, etc.).