Game Update 1.23 - March 9th, 2022

Hey Zwifters- We have released version 1.23 of the game client which includes a number of new features, improvements, and bug fixes.

The update is available for download now on all supported platforms (PC, Mac, Android, iOS and Apple TV).

If you are planning to join an event on your next Zwift session, please make sure you log in a few minutes early to download the update to get access to all the latest features.

New Features and Content

• The Garmin UNBOUND Gravel Training program has been added. This 8 week training program is designed to help riders improve their fitness specifically for gravel racing, whether that is for UNBOUND or other events this upcoming summer. Workouts begin the Week of April 11th.
  • The Running Channel workouts have been added. These 4 workouts are inspired by The Running Channel presenters and are now available on-demand.
  • Added 5 new Workouts of the Week
    • March 14th - 20th: Dani Rowe - Touch of Egypt
    • March 21st - 27th: Ella Harris - Climbing Power
    • March 28th - April 3rd: Anna van der Breggen - Road Race
    • April 4th - 10th: Expand
    • April 11th - 17th: Mat Hayman - Paris-Roubaix
  • A number of changes have been made to improve the experience with Flexible Training Plans.
    • Flexible Training Plans now have an extra two weeks to complete and a handy countdown to let you know how many days are remaining.
    • Once unlocked, Flexible Training Plan Workouts now remain unlocked throughout the duration of the training plan.
    • Flexible Training Plans no longer require an 8 hour rest period between workouts.
    • Flexible Training Plan progress is now based on the number of workouts completed in the plan.
    • Pre-plan workouts have been added back to Flexible Training Plans.
    • Improved the Flexible Training Plan enrollment UI flow.
  • Device and Internet connectivity alerts can now be dismissed.

Bug Fixes and Improvements

• Added an event filter for Tour of Watopia 2022 events on the new Home Screen.
  • Made improvements to the prioritization of sounds based on proximity of the Zwifter.
  • Recovery blocks in workouts will receive a full star regardless of power output being too high or too low.
  • Improvements to workout arch positioning when the arch is near an intersection.
  • Made improvements in the pedal assist Zwifters receive when joining other Zwifters, events in progress, or a Pace Partner.
  • Time based events leaderboards and on-road positioning is now calculated from the starting line for all participants (regardless of when they cross the starting line.)
  • Fixed an issue causing some event filters to appear incorrectly in the new Home Screen.
  • Fixed an issue where XP would be awarded when a workout block was completed outside of the target power.
  • Fixed an issue with the Gravel Grinder workout where cadence suggestions did not appear in the warm-up.
  • Fixed an issue causing the critical power curve graph to ignore some data from subsequent rides within the same session.
  • Fixed an issue where lap progress would show an extra lap after finishing an event.
  • Fixed an issue where Challenges text did not display when the German language was selected.
  • Fixed an issue causing login text to be difficult to read on iOS when using dark mode.
  • Fixed an issue where users who answered onboarding questions on the web would be asked those same questions again in-game.
  • Fixed an issue causing black boxes to appear in Innsbruck on MacOS.
  • Fixed an issue causing some rocks on the Mega Pretzel route to be lighter than air.
  • Support for Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 has been discontinued.
  • Minimum MacOS requirement is 10.12 Sierra or later.

Update 1.23.1 - March 14th
We’ve released update 1.23.1 for all platforms. It contains the following fixes.

• Fixed an issue causing some users to not get the correct amount of XP for Tour of Watopia 2022 events.
  • Enabled access to the remaining flexible training plan workouts in the on-demand workouts folder.

Update 1.23.2 - March 17th
We’ve released update 1.23.2 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.

• Fixed an issue that would cause some users to crash when participating in an event where PowerUps were disabled.

Update 1.23.3 - March 24th
We’ve released update 1.23.3 for all platforms. It contains the following fix.

• Fixed an issue causing personal bests and critical power curve stats to be lost after saving your ride on iOS, Apple TV and Android clients.

If you encounter anything unusual with this update, please post in the thread below.

See you in Watopia, Ride On! :ride_on:

52 Likes

Nice update! The new BMC looks nice! Edit: I just bought it, hopefully it’s fast :wink: . Feel free to check out my article with images, some information that was not included in the release notes, my thoughts, a frequently updated list of bugs that may come up, and more! Zwift Update March 1.23 Released - ZRace Central

3 Likes

We have an update for the new Home Screen and progress on the Flexible Training Plans

5 Likes

joker-the-dark-knight

17 Likes

I’ll ask again, when will there be support for the Wahoo Direct Connect adapter? @Wes ??
Thanks for your reply

19 Likes
  • Fixed an issue causing some rocks on the Mega Pretzel route to be lighter than air.

Lol. Could you put that one back in though, I’m sorry I missed that :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

You are remarkably patient.

5 Likes

There are (were?) still black boxes in France as well at least on MacOS, around the bridge between the start pens and the intersection for the Intestines.

2 Likes

Have the ‘black boxes’ for ENVE wheels in the Drop Shop and Garage been fixed, also?

And what about the ‘swaying trees’ on the AdZ and Epic KOM? Those make me feel ill.

3 Likes

Is this what run workouts are supposed to look like?

1 Like

Confirming that black boxes on ENVE logos in iOS are still there.

1 Like

No, this doesn’t look correct.
Is this affecting all your run workout previews, or just this folder/workout?

1 Like

Looks like it is just the new running channel workouts. This is on Mac btw. Edit: It is affecting a few more… maybe it is something related to these paces, they look off…

1 Like

Every time I see update, I look for Ethernet enablement via Wahoo direct connect. One day, one day :pray:

11 Likes

Still a massive drag on the CPU that was present in the previous release. The game takes 40-50% longer to load than expected and I cannot hold 60fps in solo ride situations on Watopia even with hardly anyone else around and the GPU with loads left to give, on a setup that would ordinarily and historically easily manage this.

10 Likes

Not being a running expert, I’m not sure how reasonable those paces are for you (or any human) but I can confirm that the running workout interval targets are based on your run paces from your profile data. If you set your paces to correct values, do the workouts appear normally?

1 Like

Oh, that fix is scheduled for the second Tuesday of next week, or the 12th of Never, whichever comes first. /s

My WIN10/Android BLE pairing, which had gotten increasingly unstable in the last 2ish months, stopped working altogether last week.

After a couple of lost days resetting/uninstalling/installing everything I could think of, I finally resorted to buying an Ant+ dongle for my Kickr. It still leaves my Sterzo high & dry, however. (And I still have a Direct Connect cable sitting in a box, unopened since April 2021, patiently waiting to render all these wireless connectivity issues moot.)

Dear ZHQ, if you’re going to claim to allow bluetooth pairing for devices connecting to your platform, you owe it to the users and device manufacturers (who, imo, have done as much if not more than Zwift in making Zwifting an enjoyable experience) to ensure it works all the time and not to pretend there is not widely known issues.

At the very least own up to the fact that you haven’t been able to adequately resolve the issue/issues or communicate specifics about it in a way that makes users feel like you actually give a flying you-know-what.

6 Likes

Your workout paces are messed up because your 5k time is entered as 28 seconds. Fix that and it should be OK.

6 Likes

103 mi in half an hour so 206 mph, are you the Road Runner or something? Beep-beep to you as well, gentle Sir.

5 Likes

I wish I was that fast… looks like the decimal point got moved over a bit…

Back to normal now.

1 Like