Game Update 1.20 - December 16th, 2021

It was changed in February.

Personally can’t see how it’s easier. The system tray should probably show the 1.xx version number if they want it to be less confusing for folks.

3 Likes

right on, they aren’t following their own set of rules… classic Zwift!

1 Like

Can we get an update to use the new hard buttons on the new Apple TV remote? selection of routes/workouts is still very difficult given the need to use both hard and touch sensitive directionals to choose. a switch to using hard buttons for all would be much appreciated!

1 Like

When might there be a fix for the 46 km/h issue that happens when only two or three people are in a meet-up? I have had this happen several times over the past year–on multiple platforms: AppleTV and MacBook. I have had it happen in France, Watopia, and Makuri Islands; I have had it happen with different riders involved; I have seen it only start to affect the ride when people drop out and the group size is reduced to two or three; I have seen it revert to normal when someone joins late.
I have submitted bug reports more than once and more than once felt I was brushed off. Most recently the second-level response was that it is “working as intended.”

The “ERROR # Z117 , FILE “Patcher.cpp”, LINE 602” error message at the logging screen is back again with this latest patch (December 16th). They made an update that had fixed the problem for the past 2-3 weeks, but it seems that error message wil be back at every single new game update. That’s starting to become annoying, all the more if I have to wait 10 days again to be able to log in…

Hi @Cathy_Smith_89
It’s a little off-topic in this thread, but to answer that question: from what I’ve gathered, Scotty the Squirrel was an early Zwift mascot that still crops up in imagery across the platform.

I know what you mean about some in-game chat appearing (or being) less-than welcoming, but don’t take it to heart. One person’s innocent attempt at levity while working hard on the pedals can easily appear as sarcasm to another.

Also, there is a very high proportion of non-native speakers of English who are making the effort to communicate in a foreign language. That process can make nuance its first victim!
Unless someone is being pointedly insulting, I try to just give fellow riders the benefit of the doubt.

It takes time, but scouring these Forums using the search function can provide a wealth of knowledge that a new (and even seasoned) zwifter would not otherwise come by, so welcome and keep on zwifting. Ride On! :ride_on:

2 Likes

There have been bugs in the past where the random seed (generated at the start of your activity) is not random at all, and is the same dice roll each time you ride. Are your powerups also stuck with always getting the same power up every time?

I’ve never had that issue. Now that the time window has changed to be shorter, it will be interesting to see if it becomes random or just sticks with a new specific time. I’m going to guess it will be the same - my wife and I both did a ride this morning and both of us the screenshot was at 18:11

Oh I forgot that we had done a ride yesterday after the update. Once again, both of us screenshot at 18:11

Hi Jeff!

You can tap the mini-map to change the view. There are 3 settings. Tap away and see what works best for you!

Not really, no. You can click/tap on it to alter the view slightly, but the gradient indicator in the top right itself doesn’t change.

There are some feature requests to improve this, so you could go and add your weight to those.

1 Like

I had a funny thing happen with some old code I was trying to rehabilitate a while back (one of the earliest global climate models, in fact). It gave very poor results compared to historical papers written using it back in the 1980s. Eventually tracked the problem down to a deprecated pseudorandom number generator command, the formal spec for which was something like “returns a real between 0 and 1”. With the compiler I was using, it simply returned the same number each time, rather than a different pseudorandom one!

2 Likes

I started last winter, so I know exactly what you are getting at about not understanding what is going on. 3 weeks in, you will have many questions, but hang in there, there are a few riders there who are really good at answering your questions. I might be able to answer some as well, but again, in a way, I’m still a “newbie” too! Wish you the best, keep riding, I just discovered some “new” things this season that I could have done last year had I known how to set things up. I am now using zwift to help me “train” and I don’t have to ride the roads and try to beat the chap in front of me. - Too competitive! I just want to ride, and learn how to pedal consistently to maintain strength and endurance.

Get back to me if you have questions, I will try to help , if I can’t help, I will let you know without silly remarks.
David

Hi David - thank you for your reply. You make several great points. Thank you for helping me to see it from another view point. Have a super weekend and RIDE ON :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah, I know, I sit here at computer, my bike literally behind me, and I don’t ride it nearly as much as I should! lol You have an awesome weekend, if you’re making short bread save some for me!, I’ve made biscotti and rolled sugar cookies. Would like to do more but gotta watch what I eat these days. Have fun! perhaps see you on Zwift, if I get my butt off this darn chair and into the saddle.

1 Like

Find me on Zwift @Cathy Smith(89) USA

Hi @shooj and @Wes,

The Z117 error is back with this new release.

Windows 11
NVIDIA GTX 1600

Had to hotspot with my mobile phone and then the update worked.

I see others are having the same problem like @Fabrice_Lccq

@Cathy_Smith_89 : if you are referring to the squirrel floating over the Battersea power station on the London map, it is, indeed, Scotty the Squirrel. However, it was originally a pig floating there, as an homage to the classic Pink Floyd album ‘Animals’. My understanding is that, at some point, the attorneys for Pink Floyd issued some sort of ‘cease and desist’ order to Zwift, so they swapped the pig for Scotty.

3 Likes

PITA for an old Pink Floyd fan…

Was riding London only when the piggy was there
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I know, this is off topic, but interesting (and today exactly as 1977):

2 Likes

Hi Nigel - that’s very interesting!! It was on the Kappa Quest route, I believe. Or the Rootops Rendezvous. I did both those yesterday and it was several squirrels I saw.