Game Update 1.20 - December 16th, 2021

You seem to be overlooking the fact that the vast majority of smart trainers send their power/cadence/controllable BT comms over a single BT channel.

So on my Apple TV I have power/cadence/controllable on one connection, my HRM on a second, and the Apple remote on a third.

Qualcuno di voi ha riscontrato problemi di connessione alla piattaforma zwift prima dellā€™aggiornamento dellā€™app??

iOS application crashed today, also Apple Watch showed one value all the ride.

Trainer not controllable after last Zwift updateā€¦ Similar issue to reported SB20 issues, but different trainer (InsideRide). Computer is running Mac OS 12.1. The problem is with bluetooth. Connected an Ant+ key and it was able to find the trainer. So itā€™s the combination of Zwift+bluetooth and only for the ā€œcontrollableā€ part. Power/Cadence through trainer are OK. Re-installing Zwift did not help. un-pairing everything did not help either.

Okay, perhaps I was a little melodramatic about the mouse, but sometimes it drives me nuts because I go to move it to ā€œhitā€ a certain button, and as you say if another one is close by, it quite often hits that one instead. It is a wireless mouse, my wired mouse was a lot more accurate, but I guess gotta go with the flow. I hear you, and this is wear programmers need to pay attention to what is being said out there. Not always they are able to correct an issue, but something like this just requires a simple change in formatting. Take care Cathy!

Shaneā€™s update video is worth watching for those experiencing new Bluetooth issues (or have done in the past). Not sure why itā€™s not mentioned in the release notes.

1 Like

Hi having regular conrection failure with my kickr core :smirk::smirk:. Recent lap top updates all ok ! Any tips or tricks PLS? TIA

Not enough memory? Check how much free space you have.

So should all non-SB riders expect a 1.21 version to fix this soon and not bother with the current update?

When will the driver blinking finally end?

I agree 100% Stefan. I would like to have a meaningful gradient display in the upper right that looks like the one on my Wahoo Elemnt on the ā€œclimbingā€ page. Maybe when you click on that section of the screen when riding zwift it could change from ā€œnext 2 miles route profileā€ to ā€œcomplete route ride profileā€.

On the profile box it would have the icon where you are in a fixed position with the profile moving across the page (just like Wahoo Elemnt).

Zwift could eliminate the overhead views of the route from that box. Who needs them!! The game is going to take you where itā€™s going to go.

The vertical scale of the elevation profile needs to be multiplied by about 4 or 5 itā€™s too difficult to discern where the hills are and what their difficulty will be by looking at the gradient.

I mean, you need to know that in order to know how to pace yourself on a climb or to knnow when to attack, right?

How do we get this fixed? It is the biggest thing that needs changing.

1 Like

thanks for posting ā€“ iā€™m going to try some firmware updates!

1 Like

Am I doing something wrong? I launched Zwift, but didnā€™t get any update. A check in my windows system tray shows this? (not 1.2 or anything close to that)

@Wannie, that is the launcher version. You have the latest update, Windows forces the update so you have no choice anyway.

1 Like

Update: Connectivity issues seem resolved this morning. Canā€™t tell what changed if anything.

Iā€™m on ATV and donā€™t have this issue, but, a friend in the UK on an iPad does get the Alpe crash. This is the first mention Iā€™ve seen so itā€™s good to know sheā€™s not alone!

@Wes And once again, no compatibility with the Wahoo Direct Connect. Why is this taking so long? Youā€™re also failing to reply on when this will be available.

Maybe there was an explanation in the past Iā€™ve forgotten about, but it does seem confusing that the ā€œgame versionā€ is actually two different versions.

If Zwift post a thread saying ā€œwe have released version 1.20ā€ but the system tray says ā€œGame Version 1.0.100241ā€, itā€™s easy to see where that confusion comes from, even if a forum thread somewhere says ā€œ1.20.0 (1.0.100241)ā€ is the latest version.

It gets more confusing when on iOS, version 1.20.0 is actually 1.0.100231.

I dunno, but itā€™d seem a good thing to me if the game version and build number/tag or whatever it is were aligned.

3 Likes

Hmm weird. Usually I get a ā€œZwift needs to install updateā€ dialogue and then I wait a bit while that happens. Also, checking the native app in my program files I see that itā€™s dated 12/14 ā€“ 2 days before this update went out?

Thanks for clarifying David :grin: I honestly wasnā€™t sure. Iā€™ve asked questions twice in Zwift chat while riding and got nothing but sarcastic answers. Once I asked what the squirrel on a bike floating in the air was. (thinking it was something similar to objects worth points in Mario). I got several replies including, ā€œperhaps itā€™s a visitor from another worldā€ but Iā€™m still wondering about it LOL :joy: Iā€™ve been on Zwift about 3 weeks so Iā€™m still learning. Have a great weekend, David.