FYI Dust in the Wind badge

Got the Dust in the Wind badge today but had to ride 66.4 miles to do it. rode the Fuego Flats Reverse 2 and got the badge at the arch end of the Fuego Flats Reverse. Also rode Titans grove reverse kom 5 times. Really like Zwift but some of these route badges are really frustrating. If it takes 66 miles to get the badge they should state it going in. That’s my whine for the day.

Looking at his ride it seems like he had to do the route twice so that he could pass the arch to start it.

So the u-turn trick should solve this one. Start the ride u-turn back to the arch u-turn and complete the route.

So I did the U-turn trick. Start the ride u-turn back to the arch u-turn and complete the route.

57.7km and got the badge.

This is the activity if you want to take a look.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2938655792

1 Like

It is good that there appears to be a ‘solution’ to get the badge. It is not good that it requires riding backward from the spawn point to do it.

Gang, achievement glitches for the Dust in the Wind and Out and Back Again routes are being addressed and should be fixed in the next update.

5 Likes

Is it possible to advise which routes are affected to stop us riding them and finding out they aren’t working? Dust in the wind and out and back again?

We’re aware of route achievement glitches on those two.

If there are others that need investigation, by all means let us know.

1 Like

@neil
Out and Back again worked for me today without work-a-round or something else

1 Like

Just rode Dust in the Wind and didn’t unlock the badge :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Did you do the U-Turn trick at the beginning of the ride?

I got hosed on this one today as well. Also, got hosed on Surrey hills three times.
Like really, only dangle the carrots you can guarantee.

1 Like

I did the Dust in the Wind route today, and used the ‘make a uturn at the spawn point, ride to the desert arch, make another uturn, and continue on the route’ trick. Got the route badge the next time I went through the desert arch (as expected). No issues with the Surrey Hills badge, either, after doing a uturn there and riding back to the PRL arch and doing another uturn.

While Zwift could certainly do a better job with the spawn point for both of these routes, it also seems that the workarounds for both (though some say they have gotten the Surrey Hills badge without the uturns) seem well documented. Are people just not visiting the Forum until after they don’t get the badge?

The vast, vast majority of zwifters have never visited the forums.

3 Likes

True, but those that are posting they have had an issue getting the route badge seem to know enough to come to the forums nearly immediately after not getting the badge to let people know, so it strikes me as a bit odd that they did not see anything about it on the forum before trying the route, as this has been one of the top topics in recent weeks.

1 Like

So you find it a bit odd; how are you going to reconcile this with the reality that you have observed? Perhaps it’s just as simple as the fact that many people didn’t find a work around buried in a forum thread that they probably never saw on a forum site that they probably don’t check super regularly. And when something goes wrong they jump on the forum that they are aware of. That seems like a very reasonable explanation to me. Unless you have another explanation?

Hi Tim,

When did you attempt the Dust in the wind badge. There was an update not to long ago.

Dust in the Wind worked for me on the first try actually (I started it from an event, not sure if that made the difference). Luckily I didn’t have this problem.

I have NOT received the badge for the Astoria Line 8 or Knickerbocker this week. I did not try the ‘U-turn trick’, but will try again using the ‘U-turn trick’ to see if I can unlock the achievement badges.

What if one was attempting the PRL Full (173km, 2496M), then not be given a badge…is that the definition of ‘pissed off’?

1 Like

I’ve created an new thread for my post… so I deleted the content in this post

I did the PRL full and can confirm it is working properly. It begins and ends at banners so it isn’t a concern.

We really need a single sticky thread where people can confirm certain routes are working (or at least the long ones). I’m concerned the Watopia mega pretzel won’t work properly because we don’t start and end at any banners (that I know of). I’m going to attempt this route on the New Year’s Day ride since it starts from the pier and will report back to the forum.

EDIT (just saw your post about Knickerbocker): Astoria Line 8 and Knickerbocker worked fine for me but I think I completed them before the last update.

1 Like