Fitbit Aria 2 weight Scale and Withings scale not syncing

I’ve found the easiest way is to Disconnect and then Connect the connection again. It will update that one time.

@shooj a month later any chance that this 4 month old bug has moved up the priority list and got an eta for fix?

4 Likes

Adding a +1 here. This is a great feature for fair racing - as I know w/kg will always be accurate to a decimal place. I miss this!

2 Likes

There have been a few mentions of decimals when recording weight. You can still enter your weight to the nearest 10th of a pound/kg (e.g. 70.5) if you go to Edit Public Profile at https://my.zwift.com/profile/edit.

But to everyone’s point, it is a big convenience that goes a long way towards ensuring fair play. Any changes to the Withings API should be easily fixed, and if there were none, then the feature broke in a Zwift build and should be even easier to resolve.

1 Like

I just got this response from Zwift:

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I appreciate your report; this is on our radar and our devs are looking into it. Any news we have will be posted to [this ongoing forum thread] regarding the bug.

In the meantime, if there’s anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Ride On.
Gary D.
Member Experience Agent
Zwift

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM <support@zwift.com> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 12:29 PM <amb18@cornell.edu> wrote:
For years I have had my Zwift account linked to a Withings third art platform enabling my smart scale to update my weight in Zwift automatically. However, over the past few months, the functionality appears broken. I have tried unlinking and relinking my Withings account, which results in the weight being properly updated one time only, and then the sync becomes broken again. I NOT having the same issue with Withings synching with any other platforms i.e. TrainingPeaks, IFTTT, etc. A web seach has shown other users having the same issue…

Thanks

Any update on this, @shooj? I’d really like my Withings scale to start syncing with Zwift again…

14 Likes

adding a +1 here as well, hopefully it will help to move this issue op on the to-do list.

2 Likes

Same here, with regards to the original Fitbit Aria scale not sync’ing to Zwift. It works fine to my phone via the Fitbit app.

I also would like this fixed as it was working before

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat, would love this to be fixed.

2 Likes

Same thing happening with me as well. I bought my Nokia scale to use with Zwift. Now it’s kinda useless and pre-race weigh in doesn’t automatically get updated on Zwift. Please fix

1 Like

Eric sent me,I’d like to see this fixed too

4 Likes

Some clues, from https://zwiftinsider.com/ask-eric-1/

This problem seems to have begun sometime in May 2020. I noticed it with my amazing Withings Body+ scale around that time, then I began to see threads and questions popping up from others. At first I thought it was an issue with the Withings + Zwift connection – but then I heard that Fitbit users had the same problem. Ah! That’s a clue.

Disconnecting your account in your connections page then reconnecting seems to fix problem… for one sync. Then it stops working again. A second clue!

Here’s the final clue: in the May 28th game update, Zwift made a change to minimum weight restrictions in profiles so minors could set their weight below the previous 45kg limit. My educated guess is, whatever Zwift changed in that update broke external scale syncing.

15 Likes

same here, please fix it asap

2 Likes

Plus one here. Would you please bump this up in priority? It’s been this way for months. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m also waiting for this fix !!
Cheers

Stephan
Long time Withings scale user :wink:

1 Like

Interesting! I’ve just been back and checked zwift power and the last auto-updated weight I have was May 27th! +1 on this update likely being the culprit.

1 Like

Come on Zwift, as Eric points out, this is indeed one of life’s little pleasures and makes sure we’re all keen to updating our weights in game regularly.

2 Likes

Same here - frustrating to not be able to get my Withings Body+ weight updated automatically.

3 Likes

Please devote some dev time to fixing this.

3 Likes