ERG mode wattage target can get stuck during session

Michè Quilichini
I have another problem today on the workout “the gorby”.
It was impossible to keep 220w. Very strong.
Drivo Elite
Imac
Mode erg
Thanks for Help please

Just happened for the first time, using Zwift for about 3 mos. finished a workout, I wanted to ride extra, and it was stuck in erg mode at 50W going up a steep hill. I have had self imposed issues in the past with multiple devices competing for the trainer’s Bluetooth connection, Wahoo educated me about that, there was definitely NO other device connecting to the trainer.

Trainer: Kickr Core
Zwift device: iPhone 7, iOS 12.1.2
Zwift connection: BLE
Companion app device: iPhone 8, iOS 12.1.2 - WiFi only, Bluetooth radio turned off
Erg mode in workout, the problem is when it should be switching into sim after workout is complete

Having the same problem as described above.

Trainer: Kickr Core Firmware 1.06
Device with Zwift App: Windows 10 Notebook
ANT + and BL

I have the same problems. During a workout there is no response of the Tacx.

Trainer: Tacx Flux 2
Device with Zwift App: IPad 2018
ANT + or BLE: Bluetooth
ERG mode or SIM: ERG mode

Hey all, we’ve been monitoring these issues and are investigating. As said before there doesn’t seem to be a pattern in trainers or devices so it’s something we’re still looking into. Thank you for commenting in this thread but please remember to send in a support inquiry as well.

Trainer: Kickr 18
Device with Zwift App: iPhone X running Zwift, and iPhone XS Max running companion app (erg mode toggle no longer seems to be present?)
ANT + or BLE: BLE
ERG mode or SIM: ERG

Wattage not changing between intervals (sometimes) and after the workout ends remains in ERG mode. I have noticed that getting stuck at a certain wattage is more likely to happen if I change the training power bias up or down.

Cycleops Hammer
PC Windows 10, Companion app on Galaxy 8 Android
ANT+ PC. Not sure on phone as it’s both BT and ANT+ capable.
Erg mode.

During a workout got stuck displaying 85W. Tried shifting, different cadences, unpairing and pairing trainer, shutting down and reopening the companion app, all while still in the workout. Unplugging and plugging the trainer power back in solved it.

Happens to me with my flux 2 , k have to turn everything off after using erg mode and then back on again to reset it for free ride very odd and how do I fix it ?

Trainer: Flux 2
Device with Zwift App: Apple TV
ANT + or BLE: Bluetooth
ERG mode or SIM: ERG mode

Wahoo Kickr, Mac Mini using Bluetooth 4.0, ERG mode invoked during a ride, does not always happen, has only happened at end of workout

Tried the “remove power smoothing” trick. Good news–no more getting stuck. Bad news–ERG struggled to keep up with my lack of smoothness, especially at low wattages (actually failed a 3-minute low wattage block with ERG on). Reengaged smoothing and ERG maintained steady wattage. No sticking at low wattage. Have to try higher wattage yet.

Same here, interval power target not set for a while (say 10-15 secs), or remaining at high power after the interval (that just kills your legs and motivation, and the whole workout if short bursts)

When stopping pedaling ERG will stop, and re-engage when i start pedaling again.
I wonder if the signal to the turbo trainer is suffering from interference and not picked up by the trainer? Thanks for solving, as am starting to look for alternatives, despite I love Zwift a lot.

I have had this issue already whole last year

Tacx Neo
ERG
ANT+

High wattages stick again w/ smoothing, and today NOTHING works. Kickr won’t maintain wattages under load, intermittent ERG sticks in free ride (no ERG engaged), just a nightmare after working ok yesterday. Maybe the trainer? Reverting to dumb trainer for now. Aaargh!! (tried omitting smoothing, no dice today)

Wahoo Kickr (1st model)
Bluetooth
Sim

Certainly not the trainer. Got a replacement Kickr, same issues, generally at higher wattages (170-180+, no issues lower than this), and most often if the effort being put out is close to what was done during the ERG block OR if the road inclination is the same as in the block (like climbing the Epic climb, and continuing after the ERG block is done).

This happened to me in 2 or the past 3 races I’ve done. Power was stuck at 153 for last 10 minutes of one race and today at 242 for last 5 miles or so. This is very frustrating and not like I want to stop an hour into a race that only lasted another 20 minutes or so.

Tacx Flux S
Windows 10 with Zwift companion app on LG Stylus 4 phone
BLE
SIM (in a race)

Hi Josh - Thanks for reporting this. Since you were in a race, this sounds like a different issue from what was originally mentioned in this thread. If you’re still running into this issue, please send a message to Zwift support and we can look into this further.

Trainer: ickr Core
Device with Zwift App: iPad 6th Gen

-intervals. fine for high wattage, but when the set break interval arrives, I get stuck at high wattage, resulting in spiral of death.

1 Like

Trainer: jet black whisper drive
Device: iPhone with Zwift app
Bluetooth connection
Erg mode

Trainer has correct watts at beginning of workout but fails to adjust until I stop pedalling, switch apps and come back, start pedalling and it goes to new watt interval. Won’t decrease watts after interval unless I do this workaround

This has happened to me a couple of times

Trainer: Tacx Vortex
Device with Zwift App: Dell laptop running Windows 10
ANT + or BLE: Ant+

FTP test, entering rest phase, flat (0% to 1%) trainer stuck on maximum resistance. Only restart of trainer helped in that case.

Trainer: Elite Drivo II
Device with Zwift App: Laptop via Zwift Companion on mobile phone