ERG mode wattage target can get stuck during session

error
resistance

(Vincent W.) #1

Hey Zwifters,

We’ve received several reports of wattage remaining “stuck” in ERG mode with the trainer failing to further adjust for subsequent intervals in the workout. After ending the workout, users report that the ‘stuck’ wattage persists, keeping their trainer in ERG and not releasing them to SIM mode.

We are currently investigating this issue and are monitoring all new cases. If this has happened to you, please reply with your:

Trainer:
Device with Zwift App:
ANT + or BLE:
ERG mode or SIM:

[ZG - 1896]

(Krijn Ebskamp) #2

Trainer: Tacx Neo
Device with Zwift App: Apple TV
ANT + or BLE: BLE
ERG mode or SIM: ERG mode

(Stefan Ille) #3

Tacx Neo
iMac / Mojave
BLE
ERG mode

(D Rew Cinch Boom) #4

TACX NEO
Zwift App AND IOS
ANT +

I’m having a very strange situation where I’m just riding around, not doing a workout, and the power seems to be stuck in ERG mode. Going up hill resistance gets less when I increase the power. I’ve replicated the issue on 2 separate Tacx NEOs and both on a PC and Ipad. Both TACX NEOs have the latest firmware (as of today) and it just started happening today.

Also, when I first start riding, the resistance is very choppy, going from no resistance to a lot and vise versa. It’s actually dangerous because this loss of resistance simulates a chain break - going from 350 watts to no resistance. @Vincent I hope this helps and am happy to provide additional technical details as requested.

Zwift is currently unusable for me.

(Allan Benchetrit) #5

Trainer: Kickr Core
Device with Zwift App: Macbook Pro
ANT + or BLE: ANT+
ERG mode or SIM: ERG

This has happened during a dozen workouts since I started using the Core several weeks ago. The workaround I found is that by tapping once on the wattage +/- button on the iPhone companion app, the trainer gets unstuck and I then simply tap the wattage button again to get back to 100%.

(Angela Gucwa) #6

Kickr wahoo
Apple TV
BLE
ERG mode

(Roland Goudriaan) #7

Same here…getting pretty frustrated

Trainer: wahoo kickr core
Device with Zwift App: macbook pro 2018

(Roland Goudriaan) #8

ah will give that a try next time! (android companion app with mac…will report back)

(Sergii Salkov) #9

Trainer: Tacx Neo
Device with Zwift App: Macbook Pro 2018

(Pieter Merckx) #10

Trainer: Tacx Bushido Smart
Zwift running on Windows PC + iPhone 7 for Companion
BLE
ERG mode

(Laurens Alblas) #11

Trainer: Kickr CORE
Device with Zwift App: Mac
ANT + or BLE: ANT+ with FE-C for power and trainer control

Seen a few different ways in which this issue occurs. Typically the wattage of a high wattage interval remains in (the start of) the next interval. I also experienced the opposite: for the first 30 seconds or so of a high wattage interval the correct high wattage target is shown (e.g. 310W), but it is not possible to get to this target because the trainer will not allow to go over a certain limit (e.g. 146W).

So far, I have only had this issue when using ANT+ FE-C as the power source. When switching to my bike’s power meter (ANT+ too), the issue does not seem to occur.