Elite Suito power readings

Okay and elite reimburse you ?

ok thanks

I took it back to where I purchased it under warranty, got my money back.

1 Like

Have an elite suito for a few months now and every time a do a calibration test (elite app)my callibration number go higher and higher. it came with 10600 and now i’m at 12020 but my powrreadings are to high, 20 watts higher readings than on my stages. i did 2 times a 20min ftp test fist time it gave stages 210 suito 218. Two weeks later did the same test stages 207 suito now 228w (few days before did a callibration test…so very fluctuating powerreadings…
the thing is for races in zwift nice to believe the 228w is correct vs 207 stages, but if its to high than its cheating and 21w is a lot ( months of training to achieve).
any solutions?

ok did another callibration procedure, did a ride like usual or a training 1u or more wait 10min. let trainer cool down e bit and did a calibration test in elite app… now my values of the trainer and the stages are spot on 1 to 2 w differance… strange.

1-2W is pretty unlikely, maybe it’s the identical data. Make sure that your trainer isn’t linked to your power meter via pml. The Suito links to power meters in range by default on startup.

Elite sent me back a JSON file. Turns out the only offset my mappings so that the Suito always reads +25W higher. Thus measurement in the 300W+ range was more accurate but it was reading 50W high in the 100W range.
I programmed a script that analyses test data and automatically applies a resulting correction function to to the trainer’s map and then creates a JSON file. So far, I’m very satisfied with the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

befor for me the lower watts were very little difference and the higher wattages 20watts off.

Ii connected the suito to zwift and de stages to my rider 410 (3sec avg). and in a range of 5 watts all the time the same watts.
i drove a stage of watopia today and watts are almost identical with bit of lag of a sec.
De suito was connected to zwift and powerlink and stages disconnected in the app elite.
Had on max 20min effort 217w, almost excact like a 218w (207 ftp) test with my stages few weeks afo. Feels way harder now to ride 200+ watts just like outside on my stages. happy now.

1 Like

for me callibration de suito is now ride a workout 1h or plus, stop wait let cool the trainer 10min an do a quick spinup test in elite. way better than 10min plus warmup and callibration test. that succs always 10 to 20watts on vo2max off

1 Like

Cant find email to elite support. How did you connect with them @Sarabraj_Singh?

Hi @Claus_Frostholm_DBR , my Suito hardware is revision 4 with firmware version 191.

I don’t have a power meter to compare, but i’m a bit confused with spindown values… the spindown value set (by Elite) from production is 8935, but when i do the calibration i get values much greater than that… on the last calibration today, i got a spindown value of 10000… is this normal? Do you have spindown values also with such a discrepancy from the initial spindown set by Elite?

I’ve already contacted Elite, so they can clear this out for me…

Cheers!

To add to the base of knowledge gained here, I had contact with Elite about the spindown values of the Suito and what they mean. Their answer:

"On Suito the offset represent the time the trainer need to stop after the spindown and it is a value expressed in ms

In your case the difference is about 0.5 second that is completely normal

Please take note that the written offset is just needed for us in case of assistance so you don’t need really to compare the offset value you get as it is not necessary"

So in my case there was a 500 value difference in spindown and from what I understand this can depend on how ‘warmed-up’ the machine is or the environment, the temperature, etc., that is also why you should warm up at least 10 minutes before the test. I still have to figure out what this means in terms of watts.

Hi all,

As my previous posts, I had many doubts about the power values.
But the worst was the calibration procedure, the spindown values goes higher and higher. From 9700 to over 12000 in 6 months.
Then “my Zwift level” goes down and down, with average power values which are not real for my irl level, as my shape was better than 6 months before. Everybody around me say that it is not possible such low power values… which is very frustrating.
Then I break wheel of the suito (with a broom and it works lol) during the calibration procedure in order to find back the written value, and now I never do the calibration again.
Elite support don’t want to know anythings since I haven’t another way to measure and compare power values.
Now the feelings are better with my Suito (also with the erg mode).
If it could help some to enjoy Zwift with their Suito

hi excuse me for the late answer. Those numbers seems to be comparible with the power the suito reads.
My latest cilibration numbers are 12080 and now my suito is avg 20watts above my stages left. once de power reache more than 150-160 watts.
Had once the power was less than 5 watt differance. But few days later still 10 to 20w above my stages.
have latest revision and firmware.
Seems nice to race races in zwift but it’s not fair to race…

You mention a stages left, the difference can be caused by the fact that you only have a single side power meter. Perhaps your right leg is a bit stronger, this can add a 10 watt difference. It is than well within the few percent of inaccuracy of both measurement. The fact that it changes or that is noticable when reaching a certain level of wattage could suggest that your right leg works harder during increased effort.

Not saying the suito does not have a problem, dual side power meters have also been tested with it. But my stages left is about 10-20 watts above my suito, and I know I favour my left leg. Single side power meters are still only half of the story (literally :wink:). Would be interested to see if a dual side power meter would give a different result with me.

did a small comparison last week. suito is calibrated as per manual, pedals are dual version.
at first did a small group workout (erg mode), then freeride.
it reads lower, especially at higher wattages.
you can check out the whole story (zoomable charts) at: ZwiftPower - Login

Looks a lot like mine Roman ! The trainer is pretty accurate under 200W but as soon as you go up in power, it is 20 to 50W lower than the assioma duos.

Hi all, i also having problems with power. For two weeks i´m reading in forums and saw that post. My spindown was 11200 aprox and at Suito stick 9345, so i did same procedure than @David_Chapron and new spindown is 9500. Voilá! my power readings are more realist (this is a comparation between two similar rutes):

Hi there, please share what procedure you followed to correct the power readings Angel.

Copy&Paste from @David_Chapron post. For me, new values are similar to an “stress test” i did in laboratory months ago

Hi Angel,
When you say break the wheel, do you mean you stop the wheel? Break and brake mean two very different things!

Would love to solve the power problems on my Suito so any useful advice welcome!

Thanks,

Guy

Hi Guy, obviously David want say brake/stop wheel, no break :rofl:. Not is the best solution, but it works for me :sweat_smile:

1 Like