Elite Suito power readings

When I do a spindown calibration without warming-up I also get a lower setting. On my sticker the number is 10751 and when I do a spindown calibartion without warming-up the number is 10263. So even lower than the the original settings from the fabric

Does this mean higher powers in Zwift?

Yes “brake” not “break” the wheel ^^
Great if my High-Tech procedure works for you!
It’s not the better way but the calibration procedure for me drift with a higher and higher spindown value. I think if I continue to calibrate it, my average power on a ride will be around 160W which is impossible…
Yes, I just mean to slightly brake the wheel during the calibration in order to have back the label value.
I did that for 2 weeks ago and the feelings (and power values) are more realistic when I pedaling.
In order to understand correctly the spin down value, as Elite support doesn’t really answer my questions, I brake it hardly ans have a calibration value at 6000ms (far below my label value around 9700. I tested 1km in Zwift and I was on a motorbike :slight_smile:
Then a change of +1000ms is significant decrease in power value.

It works for me (Suito hardware version 2), I don’t know if the power value is exact, but my feelings seems to me now more realistic.

Hi guys, i have the same problem, i feel my power on road (outdoors) is higher that indoors on Suito. I would like test the David’s procedure, but i need support, where can i see the original setting spingdown value, where is the sticker about you are speaking.
My actual value of spingdowns (last calibration) is 9906 (calibration made with MyEtraining)
Thanks.

The sticker is under your suito.

hi guys! i cannot confirm that lower spindown values give more accurate power readings. my sticker says 9052. did yesterday a ‘cold’ calibration, just hopped on my bike and got 9540 and started to ride. at wattages around 150 suito reads higher ~5-10 watts, but when you get over 200, it starts to read lower. then after ~20mins i stopped and did another calibration and got 10522. after that suito started to give more accurate results, even when sprinting. unfortunately i wasn’t that fresh so couldn’t do lots of high-power intervals, but i think a proper calibration (longer trainer warm-up) with higher spindown values give more accurate results. i will test more when i have time and fresh again. my suito is fw 191, hw 4, s/n starts with suk.
results are here:

good morning problem with the suito. Both on zwift and on my-traner the roller does not simulate the effort turns free and from watt at random I use it with a mtb with the ratio 34/11 mi from 90 watts and shortly after edice 1999watt but the effort is the same. the problem is that elite replies to emails every 2 days and I am not meeting me continues to say to test but everything is useless. Both if connected with iphone 11 pro that with pc same problem. I also took an ant + stick but nothing has changed.

I would be happy with readings like yours. They are completely fine.
I will be trying lowering calibration value tomorrow. My sticker says 9300 and my latest caibration was 10800. Power readings after calibration were like this: ZwiftPower - Login

what kind of connection do you use? I use BT on windows 10.
I tried once what is called ‘power link’: pedals connected to suito (i think using ant+), then suito reports that power back to zwift using BT. and that power values were lower than on my garmin edge connected to pedals directly using ant+.

I got the suito too. Try to calibrate with zwift. The reading should be around 2,5%. I use the Elite Power Meter Link (PML) to connect with Favero Assioma pedals for a perfect watt measuring.

i was never able to calibrate in zwift, it always fails.

Could you do the same comparison as the previous one after lowering the spindown value to the original one ?

I managed to lower it to 9500. This is ramp test i made after this: ZwiftPower - Login

Thx, it seems to be better.
I really believe the Elite calibration has a problem

Yes, they seem to have issue how spin down is calibrated. Mine has a QA sticker spin down of 97xx, but the initial spindown I did went up to 125xx and the power readings decreased to 10-15% below crank PM readings.

We are many with same issue.
I tried the calibration procedure every month and the spin down value increases and increases…
Then my level in Zwift decreases at each calibration…
Does anyone tried the Zwift calibration, it works now on Zwift.
I did it, someone else have tried it ? (not perfect for me, but better than the elite calibration)

The Zwift calibration works better now, you have to push over 50kph.

Very interesting, what is the hardware version of you Suito ?

Apologies in advance, but can anyone explain to me in fairly simple terms something I can do to make my Suito read power more accurately?

I know how to do a spin down calibration, either in Zwift or on the Elite app, but don’t know what the number means that comes out on the Elite app, or what a sticker value is. I’ve no clue what a Json file is!

All I really know is that I can’t maintain the same power on the Suito as I can on my power meter or previous trainer, and this detracts massively from the whole turbo experience as a result. For example, Zwift races or TTs are rendered pointless as the power reads so low. FTP on previous trainer was 286, now 245!

Any assistance very gratefully received!

Guy

Hi Guy,

What was your previous trainer ?

The spindown value is a time in millisecond which characterize the time your wheel decreases in speed. The higher is the value, the lower are losses for braking the wheel.
Then if the spindown value increases, means the loss value decreases, then your Power in zwift decreases.
For the json file, it’s a file given buy Elite’s support to correct your trainer values, but you need a comparison between suito and another powermeter

Previous trainer was a Tacx vortex, and I also have a Stages power meter although that is actually with the supplier to fix a battery problem it’s been having.

I don’t have any detailed readings to compare for a json file or anything like that; but from the previous trainer and also riding on the road with the power meter, I can’t maintain anywhere near the same levels of power; I can sit on 250-260 watts for extended time on road, but doing that for 10 minutes on the Suito is a real effort.