Elite Suito power readings

hey folks,

Has the suito 2 months now , did 50hours on the trainer (zwift) so far and works great, did e few spindows, so far my suito readings are avarage 10watt higher than my stages left.
I have hardware revision 4 and firmware 191.
my spindownnr was orrignal 10410 and was 20w lower than my stages
Afther 30min warmup did a spindown and my nr was 11800 so now 10w above my stages.

gtz

Sven

Hi Sven,

So from 10410 to 11800 is similar to 30 W?

How do you know that?

Kind regards

Harry

Ps: what is the difference in hardware versions?

Don’t have the DC rainmaker comparison but took the secs plus power from elite and from my quarq into Excel.

Grey is quarq, orange is elite.

Grey was from quarq to Garmin edge 520 riding at target power from the workout.

Orange was the achieved power on the turbo, about 10% less than target, the turbo in erg mode then increased resistance in an effort to meet power requirement from the zwift workout and ground me to a halt.

To add this was on firmware 190 but 191 is available. I only have it on loan from a mate so don’t want to do the upgrade and risk a fault with it.

I used my Elite app to do a spin down

Having the same issues. Hopefully Andrea can send me that JSON soon…

My PM is a Garmin Vector 3 system. Apparently the Suito always connects to them via PML. That’s why at first I couldn’t detect any error in data recorded with my e-training. However, other devices like my Wahoo and Apple tv don’t receive the PML data but the Suito’s calculated power which is much lower. This makes it hard to diagnose the error. I finally tricked the Suito into not linking to my Vector pedals by starting the e-training workout and afterwards installing the batteries into the pedals.

Chris

the trainer would transmit the PML figure to zwift if PML is set to on within the Elite app.

if you pair a separate powermeter in the Elite app it will use that for power otherwise it will use the trainer’s reading if PML is not set to on

Thanks Chris,

but I want to use the internal calculation. I just use my PM to determine the Trainer’s error. Elite support asked me to record the test data using their app, and apparently, it always records PML data not regarding wether it’s turned on or not. I repeatedly deleted the link and it still connected to my PM. Well, I managed to get the test done properly and will hopefully get a corrected mapping for my trainer so don’t need my PM anymore for indoor rides since I use different bikes for indoors and outdoors and don’t want to swap it all the time.

that’s odd - I have a zumo (same problems, I had a drivo that had problems too - I’m never getting another Elite trainer!) and if I turn the PML off and don’t pair my power meter with the app the power shown in the app is the trainers value.

I’d assumed it would be the same for the Suito

I think i’m going to cut my losses and get a different trainer

If I understand correctly, the Suito automatically pairs to any PM in range on powerup. Once paired, it will always connect to that PM. Since there is no indication for pairing or connection status, it is pretty hard to keep the Suito from using PML in my e-training. It’s even more confusing that it uses PML in the app but sends the trainer’s calculated power data to other devices.

you can turn it off in the app, goto parameters, then advanced configuration and then Power Meter Link

there is a toggle to turn it on and off

I know but as I said before: it doesn’t change anything. And it doesn’t indicate wether any device is actually connected or not.

Believe me, i’ve pretty much tried anything methodically. I’m probably at a point where I could get a job in Elite’s QA department :sweat_smile:

so is that feature device specific? on my app there is a toggle to turn it on and off as well as a button to forget a previously paired device.

with my zumo I can definitely turn PML on and off, and when it is off it uses the trainers power even when my power meter is present

Hello Jonathan, I would like just to know the three first letter of your suito and the date of fabrication associated.
Thank you for your reply.

Hey Matt,

With the update “.jsonfile”, the results are better now ?

Hi,
I think I started this thread way back - am now on my 2nd Suito, and still not happy with the power readings. Have kind of given up a bit on it ever reading correctly, but would love it if it did - what are these .json file things and are they straightforward to use??

Thanks,

Guy

1 Like

Okay, I don’t know for the moment but are you satisfied by the adaptatation with zwift and the feeling of pedaling with this suito ?

And the SAV change your first suito ?

I had put an update later in the thread, they helped a little, but still was never accurate. Ended up sending it back and got a Saris H3, couldn’t be happier.

The pedalling feel is better on this second unit, no problem there, and it works well with zwift - it’s really just the power readings that are the problem for me.

Yes, they sent me a second unit - pedalling feel is better on this one but the power is definitely not right.