Elite Suito ERG issues

Hello
Zwift ERG mode is unusable on my new Elite Suito.
It is impossible to maintain the target power, watts are all over the place. Power fluctuations are extreme, ±100W.

Also, when I start a workout, the trainer resistance is EXTREMELY HARD, I feel I have to push 300-400W to overcome it even though the target power is low (around 150w).

In sim mode it works well but watts are noticeably harder than the Tacx Flow Smart. I think the suito reports 20-30W lower.

The trainer is up to date and I did the 10 minute warmup and spindown calibration on the Elite My E training app.

The trainer is connected to my W10 PC via ANT+.
Power source: ELITE FE-C
Cadence: Garmin sensor on the crank
Controllable: ELITE FE-C

Is my trainer faulty? My old Tacx Flow Smart was flawless in erg mode… thinking of returning the suito.
Has anyone had these issues?

Seems to be the same for me during an FTP warming up. Usually I can hold the 340Watt for quite some time but this just brought me nearly to a standstill, even keeping the 200Watts was so much harder than usual.

Info: connected via bluetooth

I’ve had similar problems with power fluctuations in workouts:

Setup:
Controllable: Suito via Bluetooth
Power Source: “Suito” via Bluetooth, not the ANT+/BLE power meter it shows up as
Cadence: Stages PM via ANT+

Example 1:
The workout had a 30s @ 465W sprint then 30s@82W
The 465W wasn’t a problem, the trainer ramped up a bit slowly but I could pedal faster/change gear to get there.
At the end of the interval the power dropped off rapidly like I’d broken my chain and because the flywheel was spinning so fast I couldn’t put out any power. When the trainer had slowed enough to pedal the watts in Zwift were way below 82W, it was screaming at me for more power but the trainer wouldn’t put the resistance back on and by then I’d missed the star and it was onto the next interval.

Example 2:
The workout was 6m @ 246W then 3m @ 150W. At the end of the 246W the resistance dropped off rapidly again and undershot the 150W and in once case went as low at 100W. It got back up to 150W after approx. 20s but then it reduced the resistance again to around 125W before coming back up to 150W. Even though it got to 150W after about a minute, I still missed out on the star.

I’ve tried both keeping the cadence and gear steady, and adjusting gear/cadence to try and get it right but with no luck.

I’ve also had the resistance spiral of doom as another person called it, but the last few times Zwift has been pretty good at spotting it and temporarily disabling ERG until you can get back up to speed again.

Sim mode isn’t bad, although I’ve had to turn the difficulty down low so when I crest a hill it’s not like I’m going over a jump.

I’m not sure if the problem is with Zwift or with the trainer. I guess I need to program the workout into the my e-Training app and see if the same thing happens.

Or maybe I’m just expecting too much from a smart trainer?

Hi
I’m having similar issues with my Elite Suito trainer.
Impossible to calibrate. I kept spinning for 15 min and it wouldn’t calibrate.
When I decide to train on my own, at one point the resistance became impossible.

FYI I don’t use a smartphone.

Hi,
me too unable to calibrate, either with the phone app or my the pc/MAC. It asks to keep spinning around 30km/h, I do my best to stay close to the value but keeps failing. I have used the Suito and I have the feeling to that it is much harder than reality (seems to steal 20/30 watts at least??).

I was hoping that a calibration would solve the issue but I am not able to succeed. Anyone has made it through the calibration?

Hello I just unboxed my suito from Zwift last night. I too have the same issues. My simple foundation workout in erg mode the power had fluctuations between 20-100watts consistently. I also noticed the cadence didn’t seem correct for what I was holding. I could not calibrate in Zwift but I was able to with the elite app. I tried the workout again after and no changes. Quite frustrating

When Zwift says to keep spinning at 37kph, spin up to 54-55kph and see if the spindown completes. This works for me. I have a bug/support post open on this (no response from Zwift on that).

1 Like

Thanks Shane I’ll give that a try. I used your channel to make this purchase. Thanks for all the work you do!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the tip! It did the job.

1 Like