Elite Suito power readings

Hi Kartsen,

That should be great. I hope you will keep us updated with your progress with testing.

Kind regards,

Harry

Sarabraj you seem to have an offset that you have not selected and call it as “lag”, if you move the favero pedals to start earlier the two graphs should overlap very closely. Can you try this again?

By the way guys, we should start chilling out with the guys like DC Rainmaker/Shane Miller a bit. They are just big billboards and cheap advertising means for the industry at this point. If one unit that was given specifically is “perfect” does that make 20.000 units in batch production also good?

I feel I am scammed by this, I also watched the DC Rainmaker video and then bought it, NEVER AGAIN.

2 Likes

@THE_MIG that’s a good point, Elite could be sending them non production units that are “special”. I think Ray and Shane are genuinely interested in giving us accurate and unbiased info, but buyer beware as always.

1 Like

Hi Theo,
I’m sorry to hear of your Elite problems and everyone else’s also.
I feel it is extremely disappointing that manufactures continue to produce new products with problems from the start.
Updated versions of existing products should be bang on from the get go, all issues of the earlier version fixed. Is that too much to expect?

We all spend too much money on products that are often unfinished and so much of our time is wasted getting a replacement, or even just some advice.

As consumers we don’t need new trainers each year.
What we need, are products that work.

1 Like

GPLama hasn’t reviewed the Suito yet, because he has troubles with it :wink:

I was able to test the updated firmware I got from Elite support and it seemed to work pretty well. My Assioma and Elite were near identical.

The only issue was that in power mode in the Elite app the resistance wasn’t hitting what I had set it to, ex. Had it at on 200w (erg mode) and was averaging 175w on both my power meter and the trainer. At higher W it seemed to match up though. Will check it later on a TR or Zwift workout where hitting the erg target is important. Don’t really trust the Elite app.

Hello Matt.
did you do a test after 1 hour of use? Interesting if it shows too much😉

Yeah I did it after a long training ride, so well after an hour of use. My pedals and the trainer for the first time ever matched up, so that’s promising. Just have to make sure next time that erg mode is working as it should.

Hi Matt,
That is good news. Did you get a new Json file from Elite to download or firmware 191 via Elite app Upgrado?

Ben benieuwd!

It was a new Json file from Elite.

It seems to be fairly accurate between 200-300w, though sprints are still fairly off. I’ll have to do a little more playing around with it.

My results with a new JSON file. The Suito is referred too as ES in my files. My other powermeter is a dual sided Favero Assioma

Good results - but no high watts.
https://analyze.dcrainmaker.com/#/public/efd2a51b-f979-4b65-422e-288db1a0d3b1

Decent - But still reporting low on high watts.
https://analyze.dcrainmaker.com/#/public/414b1ef4-1ea0-4199-565d-bd5997a09297

Decent is relative Matt, even at low watts the graphs above show that its off between 6%-12%, I returned my unit, I don’t want to become from a customer to an unpaid QC/QA tester. No freaking way.

Hi Matt,

Can You mail me the json file?

Thanks.

Hi Karsten,

Hoe staat het met testen van je nieuwe software? Is het je gelukt de Json file aan te passen?

Ik zou ook graag de update doen, omdat ik het vermoeden heb dat mijn waarden ook te laag zijn.

Is het lastig om de Settings van de json file aan te passen aan de Suito?

Ik hoor graag van je.

Je kunt me mailen op harryvandermark68@gmail.com

This answer I received from Elite:

Andrea Brotto (Elite Srl)

27 gen, 14:29 CET

Good Afternoon

Please take note that the JSON that you have read about is an unique fike created specifically for teach trainer

This file is created in refer of the difference between the power calculated by the trainer and the power measured from a bike power sensor, so without comparison for us iis impossible to determine how to correct the trainer and its calculation as we need some measurement and without it we cannot do anything

Please take note:
We are sure about the accuracy of the Suito power calculation
Each Suitois fully tested and calibrated in Elite during the manufacture process with a Lorenz torque meter. The Lorenz sensor is a certified torque meter with an error of 0.05%. The testing procedure controls the accuracy of the Suito in different conditions of resistance and speed before to release the trainer.
This procedure ensures the accuracy of each Suito that it’s produced.
So we are quite sure the trainer is calculating correctly the power

Of course some mistake can always happens but to be sure if the trainer is working correctly or you are only a “bad feeling” we need some comparison data otherwise we cannot understand if the trainer is working correctly or not

If you can do the comparison we can help you better

regards

Andrea B.
Elite srl

lol this is basically a go f**k-yourself from elite.

They appear to have changed their testing protocol as it’s now steps of 1 minute each with power: 100 - 200 - 100 - 300 - 100 - 350 which makes it more achievable for me anyway as mine currently seems to under-read by 30-40 watts so the progressive test at nearly 400 watts by the end would have killed me. Fingers crossed can get to the bottom of it with them.

UPDATE - While my Suito certainly got better after contacting customer support and 2 rounds of new firmware, it was still outside the stated accuracy and way off on sprints. I do have to admit that Elite customer support was as helpful as they could be.

Returned it under warranty to the store where I bought it and got a Saris H3 that was only sale. Ended up only being $150 Canadian more than the Suito.

Tried it once with TrainerRoad so far and it was rock solid and way more accurate. Had faith in the trainer without having to use power match. So far I’m super impressed. Now obviously your mileage may vary and there are a few threads on the internet about H3 problems too, but updated to the latest firmware mine worked great.