Elite Suito power readings

Nothing helped with my trainer and returned it. Got a hardware version 4 back and it has been much better. Still about 18 watts too low, but at least consistent at all wattages as far as I could test it. Mind you, I compared it to a single side 4iiii power meter. My left leg is my preferred leg, and the drivetrain will give some wattage loss as well (the suito measures at the cassette), this could easily explain the difference.

Still, calibration value is always off somehow; always higher than the sticker.

Matt,

How do I get in contact with Elite-support? I cannot find an email address anywhere.

Hi,

How do I get in conact with Elite? I want to ask for the JSON files because I have the same problems.

You can either use the forum at http://forum.elite-it.com/ or email them at customer care at real@elite-it.com explaining the problem.

do you know if the files they send are trainer specific or are they working on a fix to send out to all trainers?

I have similar issues with the zumo but have a power meter so can use the power meter link for now so if a general update is coming i can just hang on for that but if not might contact their support team

Thanks. I have send an email to customer care.

Very curious about the results with the new Json file.

Email real@elite-it.com. Now on my second Suito after the UK distributor reluctantly replaced the first - feels a bit smoother this time but power readings are still low. General consensus is it’s not a very good piece of kit and I wish I’d spent my money elsewhere :frowning:

Yeah my sticker is somewhere in the 8000s, but my spindown is always around 10300 now. That said, the power is always still way low. Haven’t tried the new firmware they sent me yet, but should be able to do that tonight. If it doesn’t fix it I’ll probably be sending it back.

After reading this thread, now I realize that I’ve got the same problem. I cant compete in races on Zwift with this trainer without getting “dropped” each time. I know I am putting out a lot more power than Im getting credit for. I have tried everything suggested here without any success. Trying to contact Elite has resulted in nothing but frustration. Upgrado doesnt recognize my trainer. I contacted the Canadian distributor where I bought my trainer (I didnt go through a bike shop) and they told me I was S.O.L. Thanks Elite. I threw away C$1000 over this.

1 Like

A lot of complaints in this thread, but I don’t read it anywhere else; not much discussion on this topic at dc rainmaker for example. This is strange but also a pity, as I don’t think elite will pick up this issue faster based only on this forum
(some manufacturers had a major-panic-mode-quick-fix when things went south in the DC rainmaker comments :wink: )

Neal,

I dropped my weight with 15% so my FTP/kg is more in line with expected result. That makes it more easy to compete in races.

I dont know if its only in zwift or in other trainersprograms too?

Nope, I switched over to sufferfest which is my main app now. Same issue.

it is a problem with the power being transmitted from the trainer so will be an issue across all programs.

the problem is even there using elite’s own app

Sorry all you good people are experiencing this issue, but it makes me so glad that I opted to buy a Wahoo Kickr Core and spend the extra $100. I’ve dealt with Italian manufacturers before (Technogym), and they are not easy to contact. It must be their culture, I don’t know, they drink wine at lunch and take all afternoon off… Good luck to you, but if you can, return your suito and get a kickr core.

it isn’t too bad for me, i use my pedal power meters for power so the numbers from the trainer aren’t really that important for me and managed to get the trainer for under £400 (uk prices)

damn man! sorry to hear that, did you backup the original firmware?

on 2nd firmware from Elite. the power numbers seem to be getting better, im hoping i can work something out with Elite firmware wise. I read that the firmware i distributed earlier made some people’s experiences worse. sorry to hear that - i guess these files are personalized.

i have no idea how elite is going to handle this issue at scale if they’re personalizing everyone’s firmwares.

i ran a second test with the 2nd firmware sent by Elite. maybe its the way I started recording (lag) but the trainer shows lag before it catches up to the favero’s - expect at anything over 300w. still a problem area. seems like @Matt_Stewart1 and I have the same issue at that power range. as always I will keep everyone posted here with updates.

Hi Sarabaja

Fortunataly the JSON from Matt does work quite well for me. So now running on that and in contact with Elite to get a personalized fix.

It seems these SJON updates are sensitive regarding to the trainer you upload to. So always be very carefull and make sure to have a backup at your fingertips!

Now having my hands on three versions and hopefully getting a personalized version to smooth out things I’m hoping to be able to make a little excel tool for people to get a idea on what to change the values to themselves (export a modified JSON)

The files aren’t that complicated regarding the mapping corrections, but certain values should be left alone being very trianer unit sensitive!

So I will have to do some more testing and will hope to be able to provide the community with a way to tweak the mapping incremental very soon!

Kind regards,

Karsten

1 Like