Elite Suito issues or features

Hello everybody I have the same problem with my suito
I make the mistake to connect my roam big mistake
After it was not possible to ride on zwift really hard resistance
I read you’re question and answer just thanks for the help
I try to make with my garmin Calibration first I find the suito then I make calibration they told me to push to 95 km/h and it’s make the calibration
I start after to ride on zwift and it was working
If can help somebody it’s the easy way I think but you need to have a garmin
Let’s ride on now
Ps: sorry for my English I’m French ^^

1 Like

I once (or twice?) encountered the unending “keep pedaling” message too… My solution was to power off the trainer, disconnect all bluetooth connections/devices that might be connected to it, and try again. It somehow worked after fiddling with it a little.

But my biggest concern is with Elite’s support with Suito:

• I sent them a noisy knocking video (for me it only happens in high speeds when I’m in the big ring, one with every left pedal stroke) their response was “it’s within production standard”… then how come I don’t hear it on other people’s videos or in reviews…

• I sent them a .fit recording showing cadence dips in a low-wattage 110 RPM section (the cadence kept dipping down to 60 RPM when I was well over 100) their answer was my pedaling was probably wrong, I had to concentrate on pedal motion (?) and “usually the low resistance and high cadence frequency causes this results” What’s the point in doing a high-cadence drill when you can’t do it in low resistance? (wasn’t that low, 180 watt target)

• Had to do Alpe du Zwift without ANY resistance whatsover because that day, the trainer decided that I wasn’t worth any, I suppose. It was the Zwift event so I didn’t want to disconnect and restart the trainer and fiddle with it etc. I then was able to solve it the next day by starting a Level workout in myETraining and setting the level to 1… it was probably a remnant from the Wahoo connection fiasco. (again: Never connect your Wahoo to the Suito, at least until one or both companies implement fixes or safeguards to prevent the resistance-breakage)

• Not to mention it constantly undermeasures my wattage and every spindown calibration ends up with a different, ever-increasing ms value…

Not sure, I still might send it back… but there’s no other worthy trainer in stock in these weird times.

1 Like

Hi all,
i just bought my Elite Suito 1 week ago, hopefully, Im not having the same huge resistence issues, but experimenting some others.
1.- The Blueetooth conexion is very unestabble, falls with no reason and need to restart the app and the connection in order to solve the problem, after several attemps, looks working well.
2.- I also experiment the spindown calibration issue never finish. After reach 37 kph, ask to keep the speed, but never finish, only change the resistance, good to warm up :-), but may be exhausting.
One more thing, I guess you all are connected (like me) via Bluetooth, have you tried to connect the Suito with your device and Zwift via ANT+?? Is said this connection protocol is much stable.
i just ordered an ANT+ dongle, As soon as I get and try, I¨ll keep you posted.
Regards

2 Likes

Hi all again,
After two sessions I can say that using ANT+ communication device is much more stable.
I didnt experiment any power or heart rate issue between my Elite Suito roller and Zwift app.
Nice result for small price 20€.
regards
Carlos

1 Like

Hello,

I have had the Suito since mid-December and it works very well under Zwift in Bluetooth with the Apple TV V5 at 3m distance. On the other hand, as I said above, if the firmware update goes well, it cannot be connected to MyE-training.
Since the last versions of Zwift, it is again possible to calibrate the Suito on the hardware detection screen. Has anyone got there? I pedal at 37 km / h and go to step 3, I try to maintain my speed, the force changes, but it lasts long minutes and nothing happens?!?
Thank you for your feedback.

In neither of the two can I calibrate. However, I’m not worried about using Zwift, but I don’t really know if I’m at the right power?

I am fairly new to cycling and have been the owner of a Suito for a couple of weeks. I have it connected to Apple TV via bluetooth. Signed up to the FTP builder training session and experiencing a few issues, similar to but not exactly the same as the above. Zwift and Zwift companion confirms ERG is ON. I can feel the resistance changes from each interval in the training. However, the power is very erratic. At a steady, constant cadence, the power on Zwift is jumping between 10-15 watts above and below the target power and very rarely remains steady. I’m also getting a knocking noise from the trainer which doesn’t sound right. I have managed to complete the Spin calibration through Zwift. Didn’t seem to get the same problem with that as others. Is this erratic power reading a problem with the Suito, the bluetooth connection or Zwift?

Would the Elite Suito be worth getting? I plan on using it with Zwift on my computer connected by ant+. Thanks

Hi,
I have made the same experience. The power, that is shown in screen jumps arround the target power. However this jumping happens so fast, almost with every pedalstroke, that I don’t feel any difference in power. The average power that is shown on screen, is close to the target power. I have my Suito since the beginning of January and I also am new to training indoors oder training to watts. So first I thought, that this might be normal since I didn’t feel the power jumping around. When I looked at the activities of others, I realized, that their power was exactly the target power. Now I’m not sure, if this jumping around in ERG-Mode is normal, or if it is an issue I should worry about.
Did you find a solution?
Does anyone else know an answer?
Thanks in advance

@Michiel, do you have the instructions how to upgrado with this file?

Hi @Gian_De_Guzman7934,

These are the instructions I received from Elite:

the problem is due to the Wahoo settings.
Please check this instruction we created to solve it:

Attached is the file to write the correct circumference on the roller.
Download the Upgrade app on an Android/iOS device ( last version ) : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elite.android.fota
You start it with the trainer on and the bluetooth on the phone. Connect to the roller and continue with the configuration until you get to this screen. Press the red lower right button.

And then choose to load the Json type file.

Upload the circumference file which is attached here.

Good luck!

Further to my previous post, I got nowhere with Elite. I returned it to Wiggle for a refund and have just managed to get hold of a Wahoo Kickr. Works perfectly and has none of the problems I experienced with the Suito using ERG.

I’m not sure if anyone is having the same problem. When i connected my Suito to my Wahoo Elment Bolt, suddenly my Suito became way harder. On Zwift on my easiest gear I was pushing 300 watts just to get some pedaling. Someone in some other forum gave a solution. They said that Wahoo Element Bolt tends to change the setting of the Suito (Wahoo and Elite systems don’t seem to like each other). The solution is go onto the Elite app start a workout, you don’t have to finish it. This seems to get the Suito to go back to its original settings, and then Zwift becomes normal again.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

I have just bought my first turbo trainer an Elite Suito. I am having some issues with it and hope someone can advise me please?
For info, the firmware is up to date, I am an Ant+ dongle and I am not using a power meter on my bike.

I have done a couple of calibrations using My E-trainer. The Suito fly wheel shows 19323 and the calibrations show 11220 and 11191. What does this mean? Are they correct? How can I fix this if I need to?

Do I need to set the wheel circumference in My E-Trainer to 2095 as per the Suito manual? It seems strange to do this as the trainer should know what its “wheel size” is?

I have a Garmin 935 watch. I have read that if I want to connect this to the suito, I need to set the wheel size to 2095/24.8 i.e. 84. This then gives me speeds of several hundred miles. How can I fix this please.

Any advice welcome.

Thanks

Chris

Hi, I used to have the Tacx Vortex Smart as well and I notice the same differences:

1. Output wattage fluctuations in ERG mode
  2. Much lower FTP compared with Tacx Vortex, while I’m in way better shape. This doesn’t seem correct also if I compare with friends.

Have you found a solution?

Regards,

Joost

No solution for me yet… Im using my powermeter now instead of the power from the Elite…

Hi!

I’ve found a problem (and I really, really hope also the ultimate solution) with the Elite Suito trainer on Zwift. I got the trainer, my first smart trainer, about two weeks ago. I had completed a few workouts in Erg Mode, a nice feature. I then decided to install the Elite app, My E-training something, on my Android mobile phone to run a spindown calibration (which only showed the calibration was allready OK).
I run Zwift on a Windows 10 PC with Ant+ dongle.

On my next Zwift Workout i noticed immidiately that Erg mode wasn’t activated during warmup. I tried restarting everything in different order without sucess. Everything is marked down as connected in Zwift, the LED on the trainer indicates connection but the ERG option is missing under Workouts and Erg isn’t active during workouts. I can tell you that 15 to 30 s intervalls where both cadence and power targets vary greatly in between are a real pain in the ass to nail without Erg mode.

Please note that I havn’t checked if the SIM mode still works or if all the trainer’s “smart” functions are off. By that I mean whether the trainer is uncontrallable by Zwift. The power is transmitted accurately to Zwift but it doesn’t seem to recieve from Zwift despite showing the trainer as connected.

After a great deal of frustration, (I even considered sending the trainer back), i resorted to make a try uninstalling the Elite app on my Android phone. It was a long shoot, but lo’ and behold if the Erg option wasn’t back when I powered up Zwift directly after uninstalling the app!

Any theories as to why? I’m thinking along the line that the Elite app snatched the trainer control signal from Zwift even when the Elite app wasn´t being actively used.

Hope my post is helpful to some other Zwifter and that my Erg problems don’t return.

Regards
Daniel Andersson
Sweden

I just got my Suito yesterday and went on my first ride today. Did the Zwift 2x15 60 minute workout in ERG mode and found the same issue with the power jumping all over the place. I paused and change the setting to go from instant to 3 second average but that didn’t help. Hope you (we) get a response on this because my old Bkool wheel on was better at ERG power consistency so maybe i should have saved my $800.

seems plausible, are you using the ANT+ FE-C option when pairing? Maybe the phone is grabbing a bluetooth signal from the trainer and taking the control from Zwift?

Yes, I’m using FE-C on my PC. I did try rutning the Bluetooth off on my phone just in case it connected to the trainer but to no avail. I do have an app on my phone called ANT+ Plugins Service, maybe it could connect to the trainer?

Regards
Daniel Andersson