Elite Suito issues or features

My new Elite Suito has the same problem, so I’m very curious about the solution. The Updato app shows my Suito is up to date, with Firmware 191 and Hardware revision 4.

Same with me too. I’ve just sent a message off to Elite support, so I’m hoping it’s a firmware issue and not a faulty product,

Same problem here. Weirdly it worked on ERG mode for about 30 minutes then problem
started again. Feels like riding with the brakes on

Hi @Feliks_Fortuna Do you have an update from Elite?

My Suito works in ERG mode, but not in SIM mode anymore since the last Zwift update on Friday.
Before everything worked fine.

Yes, I got replay from Elite and they send you a file that you download and then in some other way update your suito. Everything is perfectly explained, they just did not attach the link to download the update file and I wrote them back so I hope I get it soon.

I just got the file, feel free to drop me a mail in PM and I’ll email it to you. I have no way to test it because I returned my Suite last week and now I’m waiting for a replacement.

I have the exact same issue with my Elite Suito.

When I’m level / sim mode, resistance increases significantly when I start pedalling a little faster. Up to the point where I’m at 400W at 60rpm in my lowest gear and things become completely unmanageable. Happens in both Zwift and Sufferfest. For some reason when I use the level mode in the myElearning app, it works as expected.

Everything works fine in ERG mode.

For the benefit of everyone in this thread, I tried to install that file through Upgrado (thanks for sending over before Elite did @TheEragon) but a pre-warning — it seems you need to have an Android device to be able to install it. So as an iPhone user, I’m still stuck on completely unmanageable resistance. I’m not having much luck here…

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, @TheEragon

I downloaded the fix at https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/attachments/token/GjUpw17uAcabfrAgpn7Nm1vfZ/?name=upgrado_Circonferenza_2070.json and installed it on my Suito using the Upgrado app (the Android version). It fixed the erratic behaviour and my first test ride in Zwift seemed pretty accurate. However:

• Spindown calibration in Zwift doesn’t work yet (it just says “Keep spinning” and never tells me to stop pedalling)
  • Spindown calibration in myETraining seems to work, but the spindown value differs from what it says on the sticker on my Suito (don’t know if that’s a problem)
  • I didn’t connect to my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt yet

So it definitely works better than before the fix, but I’m not totally convinced of the accuracy yet.

1 Like

Same issue as everyone seems to be having. I’ve just emailed Elite so fingers crossed I get a reply soon.

I have apple devices will sit and wait in ERG mode for now.

Thanks everyone for the thread I was ready for storming the shop!

I’m in the same boat with only Apple devices. I looked only for Android simulators or something but none of them support bluetooth.

I was having the same issues after i connected my Suito with Bolt everything started to act weird. I updated the firmware and until now everything is working ok. I tested power with some other pm and its spot on, diffrence is less then 1%. Also spin down calibration in zwift is working.

Hi Josh,
I have exactly the same problem with my Direto x that I purchased a week ago. I’ve contacted Elite support and they have sent me a firmware with an installation instruction for Android, while I’m using iPhone. The Upgrado app in iPhone doesn’t have the same capability as that of Android and I was wondering to know if you’ve found solution?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Still no solution here frustratingly. Elite support asked me to test if I had the same problem in Resistance Mode using MyETraining — and it works fine there, but all over the place on Zwift. I’m still waiting on a reply from Elite on next steps, so I’ll share if we get any closer to a solution…

They came back to me to load the new firmware onto the trainer when you’re on iOS / Mac

Instructions are here:
https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/attachments/token/aBSrxlHWGEwxmSzAZrMnaWzip/?name=Upgrado+-+load+files+manually.pdf

I haven’t tried it myself because I found an old android phone in the drawer and I can happily use zwift again.

they got back to me with an instruction on how to upload the file to Upgrado in iPhone, then I was able to successfully do the update through Upgrado, but this didn’t resolve the problem. The resistance in ZWIFT is still all over the place, and interestingly, My-Training App shows only small speed (i.e. Max of 3 Km/h) at 110 cadence and power of 300 watt. I guess the problem is with Direto X configuration in My E-Training App, as for example, if you choose Drive II from the list and do a configuration, then the app shows very high speed, and also ZWIFT resistance will be sorted although the resistance is very low due to a wrong configuration. See the attached for the instruction. https://elitesrl.zendesk.com/attachments/token/ruSt1m7qTBdiyqs4FDuFECo9l/?name=Upgrado+-+load+files+manually.pdf

I had the same (extreme resistance in Zwift) problem after connecting my Wahoo ROAM to Suito… Tried few hours to fix it, finally found a message in the “Wahoo Elemnt users” Google group describing the exact same problem… Apparently the solution is: Disconnect your Wahoo from the trainer (if possible, don’t connect it again) and start a workout in MyETraining… No need to complete it, start it, pedal a few times, stop it… Now everything will return back to normal.

Long explanation: Redirecting to Google Groups

Hope this saves you a few hours, while Wahoo fixes this bug which seems to be there for at least a year now…

5 Likes

Thanks Kemal, I don’t have any android devices so couldn’t try the other solution but the one you posted seems to have worked.

Are you, guys, facing power fluctuations into zwift? I am unable to keep power even keeping cadence and gear! I am using iPhone to pair Suito

Also having major issues with the Elite Suito and Zwift. Since Fri 3 Apr 2020 the trainer stopped adjusting resistance on Zwift. I upgraded the firmware on iOS per thread above but that does not resolve the issue. Only workaround I can find is to first do a Level Mode in myEtraining, shut down that app and go into Zwift and it seems to “wake up” and start working again. It would be great to get a proper working solution though.