Zwift won't adjust power and terrain after latest Wahoo KICKR firmware v4.21

Downgraded to 4.1.2 confirm all works as before.
Before the downgrade, during today training, the friction got so hard that I almost injured my legs muscles, be careful with those upgrades :slight_smile:

@Libo_Cannici

I’ve passed along everyone’s feedback to the engineers at Zwift and Wahoo who are working on this issue. Thanks everyone - we hope to have this worked out in partnership with Wahoo.

In the meantime - downgrading the firmware to 4.1.2 seems to be the workaround.

1 Like

Thanks for the update!
I hope Zwift’s test engineering team will QA the new firmware on a V5 and Zwift.

I also understand that given these days of WFH and Corona the logistics around that are not really helping to make that easy.

Morning :slight_smile:

Maybe I have a different problem when I read all this … but anyway … :slight_smile:
When I am doing an workout suddenly the ERG mode stops and on my screen is written something like ‘ERG MODE HAS BEEN STOPPED’ From this moment my bike stopps moving I am producing 0 Watt … I have to disconnect the kickrV5, reconnect and then, normally, I can go ahead. This problem I have with FW 4.2.1 and FW 4.2.2 - Switched back to 4.1.2 I was able to do the workout without interruption.

Anybody here with the same problem ?

Marc

I have the same issue with a Kickr Core, but the firmwares are different. Current firmware is 1.0.13, there are a number of Beta releases, and only one older firmware 1.0.12

Is there any experience of dowgrading the Kickr Core firmware?

That looks like Zwift lost connectivity to your trainer - it would be worth putting your log file onto Zwiftalizer.com to see if it highlights anything. Also, when you say you disconnected and reconnected, did the Kickr show up pairing menu?

Hey Dean,
thx for your reply.
Today I had the problem also with 4.1.2 :frowning: But it feels like that I do not have so much problems with 4.1.2 than with 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 - Bute nevertheless I found this:

Is this what you meant ?

To your question:
No, no pairing menu is coming up. My avatar stops moving with 0 Watt. Next I take the Kickr from the power, reconnect immediately and I can go ahead without delay …

Also this problem occurs ONLY while I am usign the ERG Mode. During normal rides I have no problems at all …

Best regards,
Marc

I updated to 4.2.1 as well and on my rides kept getting power dropouts and couldnt get it to reconnect. Downgrading to 4.1.2 solved the issue

1 Like

Close! You should also have a screen of ANT and/or Bluetooth graphs. Its there that any connection issues between the Kickr and Zwift would show up.

Regarding pairing screen - what I meant was that when it stops and displays that message, if you went to the pairing screen without doing anything else, check to see if everything is paired as normal.

It is a strange problem you are having and hopefully with the new update out today, it may help your problem (so make sure you update).

@Dean OK - Thanks for the tips. Next time when it happens I will check again, specially if whether the kicker is still paired or not … THX
br
Marc

1 Like

@Dean
Yesterday I have made the update to the latest ZWIFT version and the wahoo KickerV5 upgraded to FW 4.2.2. As usual I have done a workout and this time without interruption.

I will hope that this was not a coincidence and the problem ist solved … :slight_smile:

Thats encouraging - thanks for the update @Marc_Eicker

Me too. Updated to the latest firmware an have done two workouts since the new game version came out. Both working as they should, although the watts seems to be less stable jumping up and down a bit (I can’t feel the difference though).

But that’s nothing compared to not having a functional trainer!

I’ve now been in this thread a couple hours and tried different solutions because the title said [SOLVED]. It’s not solved.

Mine works with Rouvy AR but not Zwift.

I’ve been in contact til Wahoo according to update og downgrade my kickr 5. Not i can do that, and i have tried to update and downgrade, but nothing works. I have deleted Wahoo app, Zwift PC program, Zwift companion app and installed it all again. Nothing works.
I can see that the Bluetooth connectivity isnt stable at all in Zwift.
I’ve tried with version 4.2.1, 4.2.2 and 4.1.2. still no positive results.

I am in free ride, not training. And there is no adjustments according to the gradients.

Zwift, can you please give an update on this?

I’m experiencing the same issue on both a Kickr ‘16 and the v1 Kickr.

The last firmware updates for those kickrs was literally years ago, so no real option to downgrade, and it started with the “big” release that changed the game logo.

@shooj what can I do to help troubleshoot on these older devices?

hello, the driver is not moving in Zwift. the connection to the Wahoo Kickr Core via bluetooth could not be established. Software and firmware are up to date.

Correction: hello, the driver is not moving in Zwift. the connection to the Wahoo Kickr Core via bluetooth could be established. Software and firmware are up to date.

i updated to 4.2.2 from 4.1.2 a week ago, and had a terrible week on zwift. it was really subtle, but i think it was the same out-of-sync error reported above. i was really struggling to get my cadence up, strangely. i try to ride 85-90rpm, and i was struggling to get above 75.

rolled back to 4.1.2 tonight, and it was back to nice and smooth.

i’m on windows, kickr 2020 (v5), using bluetooth.

one additional thing to point out here, too:
since the update to 4.2.2, i was getting more bluetooth dropouts, both on my trainer and my HRM. i’ve only got one ride in since the rollback, but didn’t have any bluetooth dropouts.

Anyone from Zwift or Wahoo planning to provide an update? Looks like it’s been a month since last message. I thought I had done something to mess up my Kickr v5 until I saw this thread. Downgraded to 4.1.2 and now it’s fine again.

We understand that bugs happen (although ones with this broad an impact shouldn’t if your testing is any good), but there’s little excuse for poor communication. It seems to suggest indifference…

FWIW - MacOS Big Sur on MacBook Pro 2017 using bluetooth to Kickr v5

2 Likes