This was a popular topic that sparked a lot of discussion, so we’ve decided to bring it over to our new forums! Any duplicate topics created will be merged with this one. Enjoy the discussion and Ride On.
I’ve searched and found several posts with similar symptoms but none of those posts have come to any resolution.
I’ve been talking with Zwift tech support for months and have made zero progress. It’s like they don’t believe me… I’ve sent a ride log, but I don’t know if anyone even looked at it. I scanned through it myself and I can see the commands from Zwift to change resistance values on the KickR.
While in “just ride” mode the flat road resistance through the KickR is much too low. I have to ride in 50-11 at 80+ rpm just to get over 250 watts.
It works fine in a workout. Works fine with ERG mode turned on. Works fine with ERG mode turned off when I can control the incline.
Works fine through the Wahoo app.
- Spindowns completed through the Wahoo app and through Zwift
- FW on the KickR is up to date
- Power cycled the trainer many times
- Uninstalled and reinstalled Zwift on AppleTV and on a Windows laptop
- Same behavior with the AppleTV over Bluetooth and with the Windows laptop over ANT+
- Changing the difficulty setting in Zwift does not alter the flat road resistance, it only changes the resistance felt on hills (up or down)
- None of the suggestions from Zwift tech support have made any difference.
It is my belief that the commands being sent from Zwift to the trainer are incorrect. It should be commanding a higher resistance setting.
Has anyone else experienced this and actually found a solution for it? Does anyone have any other suggestions beyond the “Did you try turning it off and back on again?” help that I’m getting from Zwift?