Zwift thinks BLE is off after Win10 reinstall? [SOLVED]

I’ve been using my Dell laptop for years to connect to Zwift with little issue, except for maybe the RunPod. From what I can tell the runpod uses BLE not Ant+. I had trouble getting my Zwift to see my pod and would get dropouts. I was having other issues with the laptop so I decided to reinstall Win10. Downloaded Zwift and tried to run. Nope, can’t connect the pod at all now. Zwift says the BLE is off, it’s not. I actually have my Sony headphones connected via bluetooth right now and it’s working fine. I even tried to update the drivers. All up to date. What is happening?

This might help?

3 Likes

@Roger_Morris_HCC

A clean Win10 install lacks that runtime environment that used be included in Win7. Follow that link that Ben posted. That vc_redistx64.exe file solves this exact problem you’re having.

Would you follow up and let us know if this resolved your issue? We like hearing a conclusive yes.

1 Like

Totally worked. Why the F doesn’t Zwift tell people this. I was ready to crack open my PC to try and fix or replace the bluetooth radio. Thank you. If anyone from Zwift is listening, inform people of this.

3 Likes

Worked for me too on clean win 10;install. Thanks