Windows 10 and Bluetooth connection issues

Did you select Bluetooth Beta on the main screen?

Edit:
Nevermind, it looks like you need to have Windows 10 and Bluetooth 4.0: https://zwiftinsider.com/update-1-0-32190/

I am searching for the Zwift Official post about it.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies.

Not sure what you mean re beta.
The only options I have is to use internal Bluetooth or the zwift companion via my phone.

Not read the link yet but it use to work on 8 till about 10 days ago then just stopped.
Will have to look at upgrading to Windows 10 then I guess. Will have a read of the link.

Cheers

So I found a way to install windows 10 and remove 8.1 via a windows page.

Did a complete fresh install of Windows 10 and removed all files on pc in case something was upsetting it.
Downloaded zwift which then updated on start up
But still have the blue tooth issue.

Looked in bluetooth settings and it’s turned on.
Ran a update and fix on bluetooth which came back saying its all up to date.

Still got the orange triangle on the bluetooth symbol in zwift.
In the cog it doesn’t mention beta just says use built in bluetooth which is ticked.

Any ideas what’s up with it???

Thanks in advance

I am guessing you used Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Win10. Just an FYI, it is possible to upgrade using it, but you don’t have a legal licence to do so. The free upgrade from Win7 and Win8 to Win10 ended over 2 years ago. For home users it would be highly unlikely that MS would do an audit on you. For reference I am an IT System/Network Admin.

I have been active on these forum for a little while and have seen a lot of issue with using Zwift and BLE. On the other hand I have seen very few issues with ANT+. Is there any way you could use an ANT+ dongle and get away from BLE?

Thanks Paul

Yes used the media creation tool. Waste if time that was then lol.

I just plugged a Ant+ dongle in the laptop and loaded up zwift. It has found my KickR, cadence sensor and heart rate strap straight away.

So all seems to be working over Ant+ fine.

Clearly there’s a bluetooth issues with windows and zwift then as other things can connect to my lappy.

Many thanks for your help and sticking with me while I tried to get this to work.

It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Good afternoon this means that there is no solution for this issue?
Means that I can’t use my Zwift on my laptop because is not working with Bluetooth on Win10?

You can use the Zwift Companion App to bridge Bluetooth to the Win10 computer.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I had the exact same issue with a fresh install of Windows 10, latest updates applied. As soon as I plugged in the ANT+ USB Dongle and Zwift found the controller :slight_smile:

I have exactly the same problem since today after one month working perfectly.

2 Likes

Hi guys, just thought I would chime in here. I have a lenovo Thinkpad and it was connecting via BLE without fault. I then patched the laptop and it installed the latest win 10 update ( 1909 ) and now it’s basically useless for Zwift. I can find and pair all my devices through the windows bluetooth interface, but cannot for the life of me get Zwift to work. it has the same little yellow triangle over the bluetooth icon.

Learnings: if it aint broke don’t fix it! I should not have updated the OS and rather just left it. Anyway, if I can get it to work I will post my findings here

1 Like

I also have the same issue. Bluetooth seems to work properly on my Thinkpad P50S on Windows 10 version 1909 OS build 18363.418.
In Zwift, it says that my BLE is off.

Looking for an option !

Hi all,
Same issue here…
I use Zwift as runner in that case, not rider. Ride works well with Ant+ dongle.
I have an ASUS BT400 bluetooth dongle.
It works fine with Zwift on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro version 1903 subversion 18362.836
I build a dedicated PC for Zwift and use the same dongle to connect to Zwift…but it doesn’t works !
This desktop PC runs Windows 10 Pro version 1909 subversion 18363.836
The dongle is ok in Windows, no driver issue, all is up to date but I have already a yellow triangle in front of the bluetooth logo in Zwift.
It seems that something is broken with this new Windows version.
I cant use an Ant+ dongle because I use my Fenix 6X Garmin with the Virtual Run activity, which rebroadcast from Garmin to Zwift only using Bluetooth…
So waiting for a fix, maybe try to find a Windows 1903 version…

Same issue here but the ant+ dongle paired soon as I plugged it in. I also tried a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle. System detected it and items could see that and the system. So I think it’s a zwift issue. They have had it before. Seems they have done it again. For now ant+ will be fine

Same issue here… I had to reinstall my windows 10 laptop because the harddrive crashed. And now I can’t get Zwift to work anymore on my laptop. On my iPhone it worked fine, so it’s not my Elite Direto X…
Any help is welcome…
My Windows version : 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Hi @Bart_Van_Lommel

Welcome to the forum.

This may be of some help: Zwift thinks BLE is off after Win10 reinstall? [SOLVED] - #2 by Ben_Brawn_HVR

2 Likes

I likewise have the same problem as the early photo, but with a Dell Desktop bought new with Win10 Home 64-bit. My “Use Zwift Companion” choice is grayed out, whether Bluetooth on Win10 is on or off. I am happier with the ANT+ receiver, but if ZC needs Bluetooth then I’m stuck, right? I will try un-installing Zwift, rebooting Windows twice then re-installing Zwift. Any ideas on necessary Windows services??

ZC uses wifi to “talk” to Zwift on your Windows 10 PC, just make sure they are both on the same network. I suggest using ANT+ with Win10, bluetooth seems to have a lot of issues with windows and Zwift.

Your a star ty, that seemed to get me sorted after a recent Win10update

Had the same issue yesterday. My bluetooth was cut mid game, I managed to reconnect it but all stats, exp, drops, badges, elevation gain and distance weren’t updated to Zwift.

I had a slight luck since the data were uploaded to my Strava and Zwift Companion App after saving in Zwift and exiting without any problem (All ride details were there) but weird since my Zwift In-Game stats didn’t update at all.

Filed for a help ticket and send zwift support team with e-mail including all in-game screenshots from my saved activity on strava and Zwift Companion App with log and fit files for their investigation. Just waiting for their reply.

Hopefully this will be resolved, such a huge disappointment to experience this. I hope this won’t happen during my planned vEveresting soon.

I know it is really very irritating when you are working and want to transfer the file, but due to Bluetooth not working on Windows 10 it is not possible to transfer the data. I think you need to reinstall the Bluetooth device. Follow the steps-
*Go to Search option and type devmgmt.msc > open device manager.
*Right-click on Bluetooth>Uninstall, then restart your PC. Your problem might be solved.