Zwift power curve is bad

How can the same values be so far apart on the graph? I know it’s never been perfect but this is bad guys.

It’s worse than that. I often have my “this ride” curve completely cross over the top of the all-time best curve and actually be higher. It’s also not uncommon for me to have a higher value at, say, 5 minutes than I do at 4 minutes. Both of these situations should be impossible by definition.

2 Likes

This is what the CP should look like.

No, both are very possible. In the first case, perhaps “this ride” is actually better than your “all-time” best. This assumes of course, the all-time best does not get updated until the following ride. In the second case, this could be the result of intervals:

That said, there is definitely something wrong w/the screenshot @Freighter provides in his original post.

1 Like

Excuse the crude drawling but this shows how it is possible to have a higher 5 minute power than 4 minute power on a CP curve.

2 Likes

Good call on point #2. I see now how you could achieve a higher average over a longer period of time through intervals - that was a failure of imagination, assuming a relatively smooth power time history. To achieve the anomaly, just have two big intervals spaced far apart with a significantly lower effort in-between.

I think #1 is a genuine glitch, though, probably related to the OP, as I’ve seen it update “correctly” when I out-perform my previous best and the lines sit right on top of each other.

2 Likes

This drives me nuts, too.

It would be good to have three curves:
a. the curve that you had before the ride,
b. the curve from your current ride,
c. the curve that you now have after your ride.

There’s a bit of redundancy there, but why not? Use a few different colors and voila!

Also, it would be good to add a y-axis, have some numbers on that, and add grid lines to the graph.

3 Likes

Is it just me or is this still not fixed?

2 Likes

I think SpongeBob Square Pants forecast this years ago.

2 Likes

One day this will get fixed and we will all earn the “Bug Squashed” badge. In the mean time I will investigate other software to see my power curve.

Please fix it Zwift. See my pics on previous posts. I can provide more examples of it helps.

Thanks. Ride On.

1 Like

The critical power graph was working great for my first week of Zwifting, and it was possibly my favourite feature? The sense of improvement coupled with inevitable decline/failure is addictive.

Now, though, it’s broken as described. Every race appears low until I tap through individual points and they read the same (best and current ride values). Disappointing and not nearly as impactful.

Same here, this is somewhat annoying. It’s been this way for years, likely never to be fixed.

1 Like

It has changed a little bit but it appears to be surprisingly difficult for Zwift to get a basic graph right.

1 Like

Come on Zwift, this graph is worse than useless – it is actively misleading. And has been broken for years. Either fix this or remove it.

5 Likes

still waiting! And many other with me.

3 Likes

FYI: the power curve on exiting a ride is buggy… power numbers are much lower than the 5sec 1min 5min 20min interval report in the other exit screen…

I’ve flagged this already in February, btw

2 Likes

still not solved…

1 Like

still not solved…

This seems like a trivial issue to address, and has been raised in several distinct threads. Can Zwift please, finally, have a look at this?

2 Likes

still not solved…

there are several issues with the power curve, one of them indeed the one described above. Another issue is that upon finishing an event. the power curve seems to get reset (although this seems to depend in which world the event took place).

This seems like a trivial issue to solve, and has been raised in several distinct threads. Can Zwift please, finally, have a look at this?

1 Like

still not solved…

there are several issues with the power curve, one of them indeed the one described above. Another issue is that upon finishing an event. the power curve seems to get reset (although this seems to depend in which world the event took place).

This seems like a trivial issue to solve, and has been raised in several distinct threads. Can you please, finally, have a look at this?

4 Likes