Zwift is not reading wahoo sensors accurately and no resistance control...Using iOS

Have a mental breakdown!:rofl:
Zwift doesn’t seem to control resistance on my Kickr, and not reading my Wahoo cadence sensor accurately. On the login page, all my sensors appear though. When try and perform a spin down, it doesn’t go down to 0kph, stops at 4 or 2kph, even though the Kickr completely stopped and get a Timed Out error message…Spin down works fine on the Wahoo fitness app as well as Cadence reading. Everything up to date, and was working seamlessly until today/new upgrade…using the new iPad (iOS) to run Zwift and Wahoo Cadence, HR and Kickr.

Anyone with same problem??
Cheers

I had the same exact issue today and went mental trying to figure it out trying all the things you did to no avail. At one point I started to think it was my Kickr until Google came to the rescue and verified that there are some known issues currently with these problems. Your post is however the first that is exactly what I did. I power cycled, stopped and started Zwift again too to no avail. I hope that it’s addressed ASAP, as it takes away the point of having a smart trainer obviously.

3 Likes

Zwift just got back to me, saying they are working on the problem and try to iron it out ASAP. It only appears to affect certain model trainers though. As soon as they are done, will be an update in the App Store!:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

I am having the same problem with my Cycleops Hammer Smart Trainer. When I installed the new update for the desert route my resistance quite working. My cadence, power, and speed work but hit a hill and no resistance. Glad I am not the only one with this problem.

2 Likes

Have had this problem as well for the past two days. Same set up. So annoying

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue on a 1st Gen Kickr running through Apple TV. :tired_face:

3 Likes

Been on for 20 mins trying! Glad to hear it’ll be sorted out

2 Likes

I have cyclops magnus and also have no hill resistance. Power cycled down to no avail. Watts seem about right and oddly the speed adjusts down as grade increases just as if i am climbing. Yet I haven’t changed gears. How are we notified the app is fixed?

3 Likes

I am having similar problems with kickr18, only since the recent update. Resistance does not correctly match the terrain and at times is all over the place. Tried all manner of things to fix.
Cheers
Mike

2 Likes

Same issue as well using a Cycleops Magnus trainer. When doing a Free-Ride grade changes have no impact on trainer resistance. ERG Mode and Structured workouts I believe are working normally, I need to test this to be certain.

I tried calibrating the Magnus multiple times and it times-out during the spin down with Zwift reporting 2mph. I can successfully calibrate the trainer via Rouvy App which appears to be Zwift’s recommended calibration approach specific to Cycleops trainers. Also Rouvy is properly controlling trainer resistance as grade changes.

1 Like

Same issue for me on Cycleops H2 using MacBook Pro Zwift app. Blue blinking meaning no controllable power from Zwift. It works on other cycling app’s so definitely a Zwift issue. Its disappointing Zwift does not test releases properly before releasing as this seems to be a wide issue across many trainers.

1 Like

Having to same problem. Running on iPhone XS Max and original Kickr with latest firmware. Connects over Bluetooth but no resistance change ! Come on Zwift sort it out !

2 Likes

Same issue on my Kickr. Madness!!! So frustrating!!!

1 Like

Experience same issue. I didn’t ride for one week and it looks calibrate functionality was broken between 04/13-04/21

1 Like

Hey guys, that’s the latest email I got from Zwift, please follow the steps they have written down, so hopefully we can get back on ASAP!

Since we just began hearing about these resistance concerns in the last couple of days, we’re still at a point of collecting logs from our members and researching through them. I’d like to ask you for copies of your Zwift log files​ so I can pass them along to our developers to research if you wouldn’t mind.

To send those in from your iOS device, please restart Zwift, tap the Zwift logo on our title screen three times quickly and you should be taken to a new screen showing two columns. All of your Zwift log files should be in the left column. Please highlight them all and email them to logs@zwift.com. Once sent, please let me know in our email as we aren’t automatically notified.

Cheers

Zsolt

Same here. AppleTV with Kickr Gen 1. It’s behaving very similar to the Android Beta. I can feel a small amount of resistance kick in when the Kickr pairs to the Zwift app, but then never changes regardless of terrain or trying to do a spin down. Unfortunately there are no log files due to the nature of the AppleTV.

1 Like

Ok. Sent all today’s logs. Couple logs before I ran spindown from Wahoo Fitness and few after.
Also restarted iPad twice to make sure there is not “memory” from previous runs.

1 Like

Same problem. Have a cycleops h2 and Apple tv. Bluetooth connected but not controlling.

I also have a pc running zwift that connects through ant+. This setup works fine, so it seems to be a Bluetooth issue in zwift ios app.

2 Likes

Anybody know if there is a fix with this issue? I am using a Kickr and I do have the exact same symptoms…

Not just yet, the info I got is, that it’ll be an update in the App Store, but no timeline as of yet…:smirk: