Zwift Click not staying connected

Anybody elses zwift click not staying connected in game? After a minute it drops out, even in game.

Any thoughts on why my zwift click is droping put after 1 minute, even in game?

1 Like

are you paired to the PC or companion app. I found a direct connection to my PC wasn’t strong enough so have moved to using the companion app as a bridge

Hi Steve, I’m paired to a tablet using Bluetooth. As is the trainer and HR strap. Would you recommend using the Companion app to bridge?

same here - its not even a minute in game… after a few shifts its restarting as connection got lost (never had issues on a MacOS with too low BT range).

should work with the tablet, it could be the distance or getting interference. Try the companion app on a phone and see if it improves. I’ve always had better luck with companion app or direct to a phone when using the Zwift on a mobile.

Has there been a solution to this yet as I’m having the same issues with an iPad?

Hi
Anyone else had/having problems with the click disconnecting every few minutes.
It does reconnect via the menu but not for long and is very annoying.
How did you solve it if you have tia

1 Like

Hi Paul, i wasn’t able to solve it unfortunately. It stays connected if i run Zwift through my Samsung phone, but not on the tablet. I’ve checked settings. In the end i just put a cassette on there and using as a regular smart trainer, which is annoying as that’s not what i bought.

1 Like

Hi Andy, i was unable to get it resolved with Zwift. Ended just putting a cassette on and running as a regular smart trainer. Oddly it stays connected if i run it through my phone though.

1 Like

Hi Tom
Im in the process of sending mine back, in theory its great but in reality its absolutely rubbish in my experience.

2 Likes

Mines on its way back its absolutely rubbish

1 Like

I have been experiencing Click intermittent drop-outs for a few weeks now. I’m using a brand new iPad Pro. Zwift replaced the Click, but still the same issue. Really don’t know what to do, as when it works it’s fantastic!

1 Like

Agree here. I wish the reviews about the connectivity were more widely available. I am going back to full analog.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, unfortunately I have the same problem on my iPad. The click immediately loses the connection, even if it initially shows me as connected in the menu. Shifting gears is not possible. Very annoying if you bought the hub one because of this feature. Is there perhaps already a satisfactory solution? I don’t want to switch to the cassette because then I have to pay €40 again for the xdr freehub. (translated with google :wink:)

1 Like

Kept having trouble with my Zwift Click connection dropping out, and have discovered what was causing the problem, and a solution. Thought I’d post it here, in case anyone else is having the same issue.
I’m running the game app on a brand new iPad Pro, connected to a TV screen via an HDMI cable and an adapter to the iPad (USB C to HDMI).
I noticed that moving the adapter seemed to cause interference, so I insulated the adapter by completely covering with foil, and then insulating tape. This has completely stopped the dropouts.
Of course, could be just that it was a cheap adapter. Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Recently I’m getting a rapid shift down about 10 gears on zwift click followed by a loss of connection to the shifter (the hub one is still connected just fine to the game). It reconnects a few seconds later after I’ve been dropped unless I can do 300rpm. Renders my 2 month old hub one useless. Is this just me (hardware) or a software bug everyone is experiencing? Worked great for 2 months.

Apple tv 4k
Everything latest firmware
93% zwift click battery

1 Like

Having the same issue. The Click was fine until I upgraded its firmware last week. It can’t keep a connection at all and tonight, before disconnecting, it sent my gear up to 24.

1 Like

I am continuing to have connection failures on my Zwift Click gear shifter. I am using a Zwift Hub via a brand new iPad Pro, with no other added apps, and nothing else connected to the Bluetooth. iPad, Zwift Hub and Zwift Click are all on the latest versions.
The problem has been intermittent, but is getting steadily worse. In the last couple of weeks, it has reached the stage where it works for just a minute or two when starting a route, then drops out and returns for a few seconds at rare intervals. This happens however long I ride.
I have followed all advice and recommendations from Zwift, including making sure all other Bluetooth devices in my house are switched off, no other electrical devices are in the room, any cables are shielded, and the Zwift Click is just 2" from the iPad running Zwift app.
To ensure that the iPad is not the problem, I also tried it on a Windows Surface Pro, with identical results.
Please can you help me. I love the shifter when it works, but it’s ruining the whole game for me ATM!
I know it’s not my set up, as when I first had the Click, it worked for weeks perfectly, and absolutely nothing has changed at my end.

1 Like

Hi Steve. I am still having the same issue with the Click after months of trying to resolve. How do I bridge to Zwift Companion app on my phone?

1 Like