Zwift App Crash shortly after Event starts [March 2022] [1.23.0]

I have flagged this up on our (Team 3R) Facebook page. I was dumped out, along with all but a couple of riders in each race, on our London Race and then an hour later out NYC race last night. It then happened again, looking at ZP, on the 3R Watopia race an hour after that.

It appears to be just races though and not group rides on the custom banner courses that are affected… unless anyone has any evidence of otherwise?

It need fixing ASAP or if not something rolling back on the last update… very frustrating!

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything from Zwift on this? HEY ZWIFT MODERATOR - ANY UPDATE???

1 Like

James responded 5 hours ago, he is investigating

2 Likes

Sandy,

I very rudely didn’t reply to this earlier - but I flagged with our development team and they’re looking into it.

4 Likes

Thanks @James_Zwift !

1 Like

Hey guys,

We think this is affecting events where powerups are disabled.

Realistically it is going to take us a few days to build and test and rollout a fix so we’re looking into a workaround currently.

5 Likes

Turn on powerups on all events?

2 Likes

We should give you a job

4 Likes

Actually, because these are generally turned off for a reason (no draft events, etc), we’re looking at forcing XP as a powerup.

6 Likes

Just make sure it’s the 250 XP PU!!

7 Likes

That’s one way to address complaints about ToW’s double XP pulling away too many people from community events! :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks Sandy (same list)

On 3R Races power-ups are generally disabled… if we temporarily turned them on, would that work until you sort the workaround James?

3 Likes

Windows app (v 1.23.0) crashed for me on the ToW Stage 2 (Cat B ride on the Triple Flat Loops). Looks like it was trying to update on the background and failed to do so, causing the app to crash as a result (I now completely disabled background updates to, hopefully, prevent that from happening again). After several attempts to update and restart the app, I was able to get back to the ride and complete it. However, even though it did sync the ride to Garmin/Strava in the end (except the screenshots, which have been lost and didn’t save to either of those services, nor Zwift), it doesn’t show it as the completed Stage 2 in Zwift itself, which is really frustrating - will this get automatically/retroactively fixed or will I need to complete the ride again (which I simply might not have time to do, which makes this whole issue even more frustrating) to make it count towards ToW progress?

1 Like

Raced the TFC Mad Monday event last night. No power-ups. 40 on start line and 40 still showing on HUD part-way through and 32 finishers. Some of the group I was riding with did some weird, squirrely moves on one particular part of the course (same place on each lap) which appeared to be temporary.

That’s our thought Jonathan, yes.

1 Like

Just happened to me. Disconnect messages, then completely crashed my computer 8 miles from the state finish. So glad I bothered joining :roll_eyes:

Same happened to me, but a few miles from the finish. Incredibly irritating.

Hi Kevin,

I think this is unrelated to the problem you have been having. If you get in touch with the support team with your game logs, they may be able to help.