Vector 3s not connected to Zwift (not even recognized)

Ales, the upload of txt file is not authorized… how can I proceed ?

Put it on a dropbox or onedrive and share thet link?

+1. I’ve been working with Zwift support on same issue but no resolution.

I’m using Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 with Garmin Ant+ USB dongle, Garmin Vector 3 (dual). Dongle appears to be fine as other Ant+ sensors can connect (Garmin 935 HR broadcast, Wahoo Kickr), and other cycling apps (e.g. Rouvy) on same machine and same Ant+ dongle can connect my Vector 3 pedals.

Initially, I contacted Garmin support and they found no issues with my pedals, but they shipped me a new Ant+ USB dongle just in case – no changes.

I’ve tried replacing Vector batteries, reinstalling Ant+ drivers, powered down all devices connecting to my pedals except for the PC running Zwift, deleted Zwift XMLs (knowndevices.xml and prefs.xml) for “fresh pairing”, fresh install of Zwift on another PC. Nothing worked.

If you’ve got Garmin Connect on your phone and the Vectors paired the app, it’ll be connected to that, making them invisible to Zwift.

not really, ANT+ should still be working, as ANT+ supports more than 1 connection

1 Like

My bad, thought it was Bluetooth

This is still not working. Only way I’ve been able to use my Vector 3 pedals for power and cadence in Zwift is to use the Zwift companion app on my iPhone. Having to be dependent on the companion app is a bother and this also uses Bluetooth that doesn’t allow Vectors to connect to other Bluetooth devices at the same time. It’s a pain to always have to unpair / shutdown my other devices that I pair my Vectors with to enable them to pair with my phone. I know, first world problems, but a pain nonetheless. Btw, Rouvy still works with Vector 3 via Ant+, btw.

I have exactly the same issue. Windows 10 PC, ANT+ dongle, Vector 3 pedals. No issue in connecting to my Garmin Edge 820 head unit, but Zwift simply does not “see” the Vector pedals. Really frustrating! Other sensors are picked up by the dongle and Zwift and everything connects to my Edge, so this is clearly a Vector 3 and Zwift specific problem. Any feedback from Zwift yet?

Tried another ANT+ key? Just an idea?

How long is your extension cable? Again, just an idea.

Wish I could try another ANT+ key, but I don’t have one. Unlikely to be the solution seeing that all my other devices are picked up by the ANT+ key. Everything EXCEPT the Vector pedals. Extension cable about 1 meter and not further away from the pedal than my front axle, so distance cannot be an issue either. Very disappointing and frustrating.

It’s what I would try, just to eliminate the ANT+ key. Can you borrow one?

I know it’s a long long shot, but worth a try.

I’ve tested multiple ant+ dongles (including a new one that Garmin support shipped me) - no change…

I’ve also tried a separate laptop with fresh install of Zwift. No change.

Other cycling apps (Rouvy) on the same PC can see my Vector 3s over Ant+ suggesting that the problem is not hardware.

I just downloaded the Sufferfest app on my Windows computer and it picked up the Vector 3 pedals via ANT+ immediately, so the dongle is not the problem. Clearly ZWIFT is the culprit here.

I agree, Chris. The problem lies with Zwift. Had no problems just now to connect my Vector 3 via ANT+ with the Sufferfest app for Windows.

Is there a chance you publish somewhere your log file for download? I’m really curious about this issue as I use Vector’s myself.

Thx!

I to am experiencing issues trying to connect my Vector 3’s to Zwift using Ant+. They connect fine to my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt head unit, other Ant+ devices work from that same dongle but the pedals won’t. The only thing I can think of that might have caused an issue is that I had the Garmin Connect app running at the same time but that was using Bluetooth.

Zwift support somehow have already managed to check my logs (even though I didn’t upload them), and they said my ant+ signal is ‘up and down like a fiddlers elbow’… Do my logs upload automatically whenever I login? P.s. I also use a Windows 10 PC.

Do you have Garmin Connect (GC) open on your windows PC while zwifting.

GC can cause a lot of connection issues, I would just uninstall GC from your Zwift PC.

No, it is just on my mobile phone.

1 Like

You can look at your logs in zwiftalizer.com. To see how many dropouts you get.

Do you have your ant+ dongle on an extension cable close to your pedals?

Yep and still I get nothing… I’ve noticed though with my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt that the pedals have good signal only when stationary. As soon as I pedal the signal goes. It was fine the other day…