Uploading to Strava not working (March 27 2020)

I’m having this problem, Wednesdays run uploaded to strava but last night’s did not.
I can see friends zwift runs and rides on strava from this morning.

Same problem with training peaks

Ciao,i’ve the same problem…
I’ve one a little ride, for test it, but i cannot see nothing on strava.
It’s possible that wxits one limit of km for upload the activity?

My last 2 rides, today and a couple of days ago, haven’t uploaded to Strava. Nothing has changed and using Apple TV. Any ideas? Thanks all.

Same for me, sync to strava has stopped working 2 or 3 days ago.

Just started for me as well two days ago

I have the same problem, since the day 04/22/2020 the activities do not load me, neither in zwift, nor in strava. But if they charge me the total kms in zwift.
I have written them an email but they have not answered me yet, what is the problem?

How can we solve it? Thank you

Problem’s back again!! for me at least and I can’t even download the FIT file :frowning:

Hi Jon,

It’s More likely this is a different glitch and either something went wrong in uploading the fit file to zwift (When this happens the ride on the companion and website won’t show all the data, the name is often the date and the fit file is malformed) or something is preventing writing to your documents folder (in this case there will be no activity with the correct date in my documents).

Edit: looking at your feed I see it is likely the first one, an unfortunate glitch during saving. If you are on Mac or Windows look for the correctly dated fit file in the documents/zwift/activities folder, try uploading it to strava and if that doesn’t work try using the corrupt time fixing tool or others on FIT File Tools
Then try to upload

I recently started to have the automatic uploading issue. Past 3-4 rides, I had to manually upload to Strava.

@Jon_Knott and @Henry_K1 Thanks both for your reports. We did some digging, and there were server errors between the Zwift and Strava servers over June 18 - 19 primarily, but those seems to have resolved.

We are resending incomplete FIT files that were backlogged during that outage, so you should not have to. Resending will not create duplicates in Strava.

Thanks Shuji

Looks like it’s not uploading again ? What’s the solution (rather not have to manually do it each time)

I too had the same issue this week. I noticed that somehow my Strava account had become disconnected from my Zwift account. It’s been connected for years, so unsure why this has changed. I’ve reconnected and will see if this works after my next ride.

From the companion app, look for settings and then connections.

@Dominic_Desert_Rat_H and @JohnH
We worked with Strava on June 23 to resolve the sync issues between our servers and theirs.

Did you see any error messages come up?
Or did nothing visible happen, and the sync didn’t happen?
By any chance, do you have more than one device logged in to Zwift? That can cause syncing issues like this. Please verify that you’ve closed the Zwift app, or better yet, power off any devices you aren’t using to Zwift.

Hi Shooj

Thanks for the reply. I’ve resolved the issue by reconnecting the link to Strava. When I checked in the companion app, the link to Strava was not connected. My latest rides have uploaded immediately without issue. There was no error message when the files didn’t upload, they just didn’t arrive. I don’t think my issue was related to the other problem. I’ve no idea why the connection was lost as it’s been in place for quite some time. Appreciate your support nevertheless. :grinning:

Thanks for checking. No errors either. However solved. Went into Zwift on the PC and noticed that Strava was not selected as a linked app. Re linked and now OK. I did notice that Strava was not loading the other day on my phone and the problem started after that - related ??

still happening - see my latest post. :frowning:

yes still occurring