Upload fit file to Zwift

I see that many people have requested this, however it appears that the requests have been archived. Please investigate the ability to upload fit files to Zwift where rides have been lost in order to count towards progress.

+1 for me. Paolo

1 Like

I had the same issue. App crashed and progress is lost although the activity is listed but probably corrupt. It would be great to upload manually again from the game by choosing the corresponding fit file.

3 Likes

I had two times problem with saving
 App didn’t crash and I have no clue, why data was not saved (while Zwift was even telling me to save the data and I had not connection problems throughout the hole runs). The more it is frustrating to see your achievements are finally missing!

3 Likes

+1
Given that the .fit files are generated by Zwift, it seems odd that we can’t upload them

3 Likes

+1. This has happened to me several times where I get disconnected from the server. We can upload our fit file to garmin and starala, lets make this happen please. Love the app but this is always a huge inconvience especially when it is during a tour event that we completed but don’t get credit for.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me. I was riding Emily’s Short Mix 30 min workout and nothing seemed to have crashed. At the end of my workout, Zwift asked me to name my workout and save. Everything went well, except the file wasn’t saved at all and I could never find it. Then I saw another sort of workout was saved (fit file) with the actual date as the title, but an only 10 min workout, which wasn’t what I just had done. Just like I never did the Emily’s Short Mix even though I saved it at the end
 That’s unfortunate.

1 Like

Even better - since we log into the game anyway, why not have the game “sync” with the folder location where fit files are stored. This way, if a connection is lost, it’ll get picked up and automatically uploaded the next time you ride.

11 Likes

I support this request

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me.also problem with saving

1 Like

Count me in. My 2 plus hour hammer fest lost to the ages. Fix this!!

2 Likes

This gets my vote. I saved and exited but the ride wasn’t shown as completed on my training plan. I managed to upload the .fit file to Strava, so why not Zwift?

Bonjour, je suis nouveau sur ce lien, moi depuis le 20 janvier que j’ai commencĂ© a avoir ces problĂšme, et ca fait 4 fois en ligne que je termine ma course comme ce matin norseman et j’enregistre, mais je ne la voit pas sur compagnon et dans mon profil zwift et en plus je ne la voit pas sur strava, tout est bien configurer, j’ai une connection internet cable 150 mĂ©ga bit par seconde aller retour et j’ai un ping a 17 ms, ce qui est bizarre ces que zwift power enregistre mon activitĂ©e, mais zwift lui meme ne l,enregistre pas tout ce temps mes statistique sur zwift et mes niveau ne montre pas trop, j’ai envoyĂ© plusieurs message zwift support mais je ne recoit pas de rĂ©ponse, , quelqu’un peut til m’aider directement via forum, merci bien a vous, louis pierre,

1 Like

Just lost my ‘Build Up’ training ride. I believe/hope I can just mark it done and go on.

1 Like

Since this issue seems to affect a lot of people I can highly support the option to upload files manually. It is motivating to progress with your stats and equally demotivating when stats is not being updated for whatever reason. Mine is useless and wrong
its frustrating. Its the basis of most games that you are rewarded when improving your stats. Mine are stuck so I cannot improve on the ranking. Hope you fix this soon.

1 Like

+1 lost 1h 33min ride, in which I moved up to next level. Very demotivating and frustrating :frowning:

1 Like

+1 just lost a 1:45 ride as part of the Build Me Up training plan! Doesn’t show on Zwift even though I was able to upload the locally saved .fit file to Strava and Garmin. Need an upload option to check this ride off my training plan!!

1 Like

100% agreed, it’s frustrating to not see all your achievements in Zwift, and lose your progress to the next level!

1 Like

Well it happened to me. You ride, then something goes wrong. It could be your connection, it could be a maintenance window. It could be something else entirely. But nevertheless you lost your workout. The ridden distance, the tough work up those hills, just got lost towards your account. Luckily the .fit files are recorded, so everything is not lost, just your zwift progress and this is what triggers me, into writing this feature request. I’m sure there’s a reason, they don’t want you to upload .fit files, but losing progress towards your account because of something you might not be in control of, is not ok.

So dev team. Please work towards a fix in this direction. It could be as simple as an encrypted secondary output file that you can use to “repair” your broken ride.

Thanks

2 Likes

+1 Same happened with me. I managed to recover it from the local zwift folders and upload to garmin, but definitely there should be a way to do it directly to zwift; now the training plan I was doing appears as incomplete, I had to mark the workout as done “outside”.