Upload fit file to Zwift

+1
Lost tour of watopia - stage 1
Very disappointed as first it was very hard to find a time to do the ride (event calendar is really a pain. Barely no choice in the evening - most times while i work) and now i have to do it again :frowning:
Secondly my stats are now wrong. And i care about them.

Just lost my ride on Zwift iOS. Clicking “Save” abruptly booted me to the screen where I can change my user. Checked the companion app, and cannot see my ride!

I can see the FIT files from tapping the Zwift logo 3x, so why isn’t this being uploaded?

Bad how zwift programmers ignore this.

• 1000 for upload into zwift
  • 1 for me

Another +1, tonight’s session didn’t upload so now it shows that I have missed a session in my training plan.

Same here. I am new to zwift and this is really bugging me.

Yes, please have this feature.
I could get my fit file from ipad zwift app (it would not upload to zwift itself, even when there is no network problems) but cannot put it back into zwift using the computer.

+1

Activity not uploaded to Zwift yesterday (fit file in perfect shape). 8 other people reported same issue in last 24 hours.

Should be relatively simple to implement. Maybe Zwift is afraid of fraude. In that case, maybe they can find a technical solution for that by demanding the log-file as well as the fit-file, and then look with their own server data to check whether the user in question was indeed logged on during (parts of) the ride and that (s)he experienced connection issues. And Zwift could off course flag that activity as manually uploaded, so that cheating is (even) less attractive.

1 Like

+1 WLAN stuttering for unknown reason. Fit file is fine with Strava so why not upload it to Zwift?

+1. My very first ride on Zwift didn’t upload/save even though I found the file and successfully uploaded to Strava. Frustrating initial app experience especially since the first ride sets up your metrics and levels going forward. Very confused why it’s not a function to upload rides to Zwift.

1 Like

+1 would seem like an easy job
 Indeed frustrating.

+1, lost 1h20m of workout which now shows as a 20min workout :weary:

+1 here. Need to be able to upload rides Zwift failed to upload back to Zwift. Easy to do for Garmin so why not Zwift with zwifts own files ???

Same here. Strava can upload the fit file. There doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with it. Why can Zwift upload it’s own file?
What is even more frustrating is that this feature request has been going on for over a year and I have yet to see any reply or comment from Zwift. Do they even care?

@Guy_Cote Welcome to the Zwift Forum.

My assumption is that if Zwift open .fit file uploads then people will create bogus/Fake fit files to unlock achievements and level upgrades.

The fact that rides don’t upload are mostly due to network issues or users closing Zwift to quickly not giving it time to upload.

2 Likes

Bogus files? I bet there is someone @zwift able to digitally sign a file 

Paolo

+1 This happened to me yesterday. Support sent me here to vote up this issue. Here you go Zwift, please make it easier for your customers to ensure they get credit for rides!!

1 Like

You can’t digitally sign .FIT files and .FIT files are 
 quite easy to modify. Yeah, my guess is that Zwift is designed for recording and output only (like a Garmin watch or a Wahoo head unit). The history on the website and in the companion app are very basic and don’t offer any analysis so there’s really no point in uploading .FIT files back. It doesn’t even have a historical view and if you want to scroll back you need to do a LOT of scrolling.

.FIT files should be uploaded into Garmin Connect or Strava or any of those websites that can offer historical analysis but don’t do recording on their own. Yes, some companies offer both a recording app and an analysis site, but Zwift doesn’t.

2 Likes

Ridiculous that we have to up-vote this as a feature request. It’s a bug that needs to be fixed???

Try this, just as an example. It’s not bulletproof (sniffer vulnerable if not already encrypted exchange) but nearly zero cost.

When a user joins Zwift, generate a sort of passphrase for him. The user must not know about it. When the user login, pass the passphrase back to the App.

When Zwift saves an intermediate FIT file for an active workout, hash the file, then concatenate the first hash with the passphrase and hash again. Save together with the FIT file. AMEN.

Our mileage may vary. There are, of course, more complexes and more secure strategies. What I wanted to highlight is that Zwift must be aware of how to sort out the issue, as they are so much better skilled than you or me.

Cu. Paolo.