Unable to download a ride - and it didn't auto-upload [July 2021] [SOLVED]

Organize a meetup and my 3 mates rides uploaded but not mine. I can see it in ZWIFT (header only) but fit file is my warm up file

1 Like

that’s correct Stephen - no warm up yesterday, short warm up today, with the final file only what was before the pen.

Thanks Brent

I do think the fit file created only up to whatever we do up to joining the pen but the file size indicate there are a lot of data in it.

Would I presume that it is “a time stamp” type issue?

We need some good Software engineering guru to fix this but I’m hopeful the files can be recovered especially for my AdZ time :sob:

file size is small. I’m using apple TV. What did you use?

Completed the Specialized Roval Challenge YESTERDAY on 07/19 and ride was properly saved/logged/uploaded to Strava.

Today 07/20, completed another Specialized Roval Challenge and the ride did not save. Zwift shows the activity header with mileage/elevation but I can’t click into the activity to view stats. Tried uploading the .fit file and Strava didn’t take it. Tried using the .fit file tool and got an error message saying the file is “malformed”.

2 Likes

@Jon_Tam did you warm up first?

1 Like

@Craig_Roberts_PLCC : I signed into Zwift, pop up to Join Event, selected Join, and took me to the PEN. Was in the Pen for about 5 mins before event started.

Running Zwift on an iPad. fit file was only 583 bytes. fit file title start time was correct.

I’m using Apple 4K tv as well. I got the fit file from ZwiftPower under profile>activities

Mine files have 584 bytes only yeah … just saw :sob:

My Roval challenge (A is for Alpe) successfully uploaded today, 7/20, and my facts are a little different. I did a warmup for a few minutes before heading to the pen. After completing the course I chose to continue rather than end and save or to revert to my prior course, whereupon my ATV4K froze (with blocking on the screen). I always connect with the Companion, and it showed me still moving on the course. So I continued downhill and hoped that the ATV would recover–it didn’t. But there is no mechanism to save or end a ride from the Companion. So I stopped at the bottom, exited to desktop, unloaded Zwift, and on startup got the your ride appears to have been interrupted message. I resumed and got a normal screen, and was able to save the ride from the spot that I had stopped. (Under an hour up the Alpe, nearly 10 minutes off my personal best, so I would have been more upset to lose this than any other ride I’ve done on Zwift). Now I actually have two identical rides recorded in the Companion, labeled just Watopia, but only one uploaded to Strava. All have their data except that my 1 hour Alpe badge does not appear in the Activity history as the dot runs through the map, although it shows as awarded in the Zwift app. All’s well that ends well, but what an anxious end to what was a very satisfying personal accomplishment. All my data is in ZP, too.

1 Like

Hi. I’m having the exact same issue. Did a group ride this morning but it wasn’t automatically upload to my Strava as usual. Checked myzwift and I can see the activity listed there but no details can be downloaded. I’m using the latest Zwift update as well.

Well done Jimmy!
I also had blocks on screen and the app crashing on top of Alp du Zwift too just about to roll down the hill

I’m on Apple TV. You (edit I read again you on Apple TV)? Should have tried to end the ride on companion app. Now I lost the data :sob:

Edit: I do think the blocking on top of Alp du Zwift is a seperate issue as I cannot upload to zwift anyhow after the ride and ZwiftPower fit file is empty.

You may be not updated yet yesterday doing AdZ. Again well done

1 Like

Same here too. My fastest time up Alpe du Zwift and in the Roval challenge. AppleTV froze, did not upload to Strava and now I don’t have my times. Zwift Chat and Email support not functioning. Nice.

1 Like

I tried pulling the fit file from one of my group rides tonight and loading it at fitfileviewer.com and it threw up “Cannot read property ‘fieldDefinitions’ of undefined”

The fit file from this morning loaded fine on there.

Same problem today HERD social Tuesday w Apple TV (not 4K)

This happened to me with both the Zwift Classics race today and a group ride I did yesterday immediately after installing the app update. In both cases, the ride data shows correctly in Zwift and Zwiftpower, but the fit file is only 1kb and the Strava rides showed as 3 or 4 seconds long.

Hopefully this can be fixed because I’m counting on having this data for workout & fitness tracking in other apps (Garmin Connect, for one, but also intervals.icu), and without working .fit files I’m lost.

This is on an iPad, btw. Fwiw, I did both rides with my son, who was using an Android phone also running the most recent app update, and both of his were recorded normally.

3 Likes

Ipad here. Alot of corrupted rides from our meetup charity race.

My files were corrupted throughout. Happens to mostly ipad users.

The files are not salvageable at all. The local fitfiles are broken as well.

Zwift pls ffs run software qa before u release a build. It’s not a difficult thing to do.

3 Likes

Same problem here. Apple TV 4k, doesn’t show up on Strava, but when downloading the .fit file from Zwift and trying to manually upload to Strava, I get this error:

Upload and Sync Your Activities

• 2021-07-20-19-23-27.fit duplicate of activity 5661018631

So it is getting to Strava, just not displaying in the activity feed or the athlete’s training log.
strava - /athletes/mebgofast

Also, the event and my result shows up in Zwiftpower, but the data is wonky:
zwiftpower - profile.php?z=721374
zwiftpower - events.php?zid=2159389

Interestingly, my NYC warmup just before the Champs-Élysées race synced just fine to Strava, TrainingPeaks, Today’s Plan and GarminConnect.

Mark Burns

1 Like

My activity file on ZwiftPower which used to be 434kB changed and is now just 584B the same as yours. I would take that as a sign that Zwift are working on a solution that will hopefully affect everyone.

Else I looked at the new file and it is identical to the local inProgressActivity.fit and breaks in the same way because of a missing event message definition. Given that one data record is 51B there isn’t much in there anyway.

EDIT: on a more close look it is exactly the same as inProgressActivity.fit which looks to be just a generic empty file.

Looks like a common issues. Post ride today Garmin / Training peaks not uploaded and My activity in companion is missing the ride details (Map/Timeline Data/ Power / Heart distribution graphs). Online data does not open so no file download and the fit fit is missing data and not able to be fixed! Lets hope solution found soon !

Same here. I did a ride last night. Exited and re joined after 27 min (chain drop). The first ride saved and auto uploaded to Strava. 2nd ride only shows up in my Zwift Activities. Tried clicking on the ride in my Zwift Activities so I can download the .fit file but nothing happens when I click the ride… I don’t get the ride details so I can click on the settings to download the .fit file. Thanks