Training Peaks Custom Workouts Not Syncing [March 2022]

Thanks for the reply Debi…however it’s strange that this is happening only to a few users not everyone

Hey all -

Shuji at Zwift HQ here. I’ve flagged this up to the team, but we’re not seeing large-scale repots of this issue betwen our server and TrainingPeak’s server.

For those of you very familiar with TrainingPeaks workout syncs: please try disconnecting your Zwift account from TP, then repair as mentioned upstream

Would you loop back and et us know if that resolved the issue for you?

If you’re somewhat less familiar with the TraininPeaks sync, be aware that TP workouts must be power-based in order to sync with Zwift. Some more foundational info is on our Support Hub

From TP

Thanks for checking in and I appreciate you letting us know that you tried my previous suggestion!

I did hear back from the team, but I’m sorry to say this does appear to be a problem on the TrainingPeaks side and is not an issue with Zwift.

I was informed by a higher technical authority within our organization that TrainingPeaks reported some warning errors impacting the workout sync functionality.

Please be advised that TrainingPeaks is evidently planning to upgrade their systems later this year. They note it’s because they have growing demands on their system.

Our team has theorized that this increased demand is possibly why Zwifters like yourself seem to be experiencing these issues happening now and not in the past. If so, you may expect to continue to see connection issues until the TrainingPeaks system is updated and our API integrations are changed to the new system.

That’s all the information that we have at this time, but we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you need help with anything else, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help.

From ZWIFT

This morning, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see my TP Custom Run workout sync’d into Zwift. It seems to me that in the past, only distance-based run workouts would sync… …and this one was a time-based.

Also: I use TP to create a 30minute warmup step that began in Z2 and moved to low-end of Z3. It seems to me that in the past, Zwift would interpret that as 30’ Z2… …and today, it correctly interpreted and recommended increasing the pace as the step progressed.

I mostly wanted pass on a “Thank You” for these improvements!

I am so sorry to hear that others are still encountering frustrations syncing their TP custom run workouts into Zwift. Hang in there!

…Rob

1 Like

Workouts not syncing from TrainingPeaks any more (Apple TV). Disconnecting and connectings accounts did not fix the issue. Very annoying as all my workouts are defined in TrainingPeaks…

Training PEaks workout not showing in Zwift, also using Zwift on PC or iOS doesnt show the same custom workout list, is there anything more to sync account on different platform ? :rage:

Training Peaks custom workouts aren’t showing up for runs, only rides. Also, why isn’t there a custom workout option for runs? I’ve tried Zwift on iPad, Mac laptop, and android phones.

Same issue for me and my girlfriend as well. We cannot get TP workouts synced. Tried to disconnect and connect and still nothing. Not even the category for TP custom workouts shows up. It worked 2 days ago.

anyone else having this issue currently ? tried to disconnect/reconnect but same issue

Hi, I’m still having this issue. I only train with TP so this makes Zwift pretty much unusable to me. Any updates here?

Hi! My training peaks workout wont show up on Zwift. I tried disconnecting and connecting again. First time this has happened. What other suggestions??

1 Like

I was also experiencing this problem; tried disconnecting and reconnecting the account as usual, but naming the workout in TrainingPeaks seems to have done the trick, but that only helps if the workout is given on today’s date. In other words, you can’t browse your workout library anymore! Why!? It’s a terrible user experience to remove the TrainingPeaks custom workouts menu without any indication. Took me an hour of trial and error to figure this out.

training peaks workouts also not syncing for me on Zwift. tried disconnecting/connecting and re naming workout name to no avail.

Training Peaks workouts were synced for 3 weeks. On any given day I saw the daily training session. Now I don’t see any Training Peaks workouts in the custom workouts menu. MacOS 12.5. The suggested workaround doesn’t have any effect.

Yep. Me too, no connection despite the fact that i have disconnected and reconnected - ridiculous that this is an ongoing fault… I would suggest to everyone to switch to RGT as they might be smaller but they don’t get this sort of continued problems. If they do then they respond and resolve.

Please don’t feel sorry for the Zwift team as its not done out of kind heartedness, its their job and they get paid for it from our subscriptions.

Been having this problem for a week now. Only workouts over 2.5hrs though. I loaded 9 workouts in .5hr increments from .5hrs to 4.5hrs to test this. Everything from 2.5hrs and shorter were available in Zwift, but nothing over that.

Zwift, any suggestions?

Not linking today 10/2/22. Last link of 9/27/22 is posted as today’s workout.

I downloaded the file and placed it into custom workout and it still does not show.

I rebooted the computer and all apps…… still not working. Can you fix this this week? Thx

Same issue here. The syncing hasn’t worked for over a year.

Hi Lucy, have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the link from Zwift? I’m not trying to insult your intelligence here, but I have had the link break for no reason leaving me with only one-way communication, essentially write permissions remain intact but read permissions do not. From the athlete’s perspective, it seems that the sync is active, but it is partially broken. If you haven’t already, try deleting your TrainingPeaks permissions from the Zwift app connections and re-adding them.

1 Like

Same issue for me. I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting the link using both the website and the swift companion app and nothing seems to work. I have ensured my workouts on TP are created correctly and scheduled on the proper day and nothing is syncing