Tacx Flux 2 to Zwift - Disconnecting/losing signal mid ride/race

Hello,

I purchased a Tacx Flux 2 and purchased a Zwift subscription about 2 weeks ago. I am connecting to Zwift using the latest MacBook Air via Bluetooth. The Tacx Flux 2 connected just fine initially, and I completed my first ride with no issues.

On my second ride, midway through it randomly lost signal. The ERG mode was disabled, and cranking the pedals resulted in no wattage being read. I attempted to disable ERG mode, unplug and plug the trainer back in, force quit the Zwift app, restart my computer and every combination of these steps multiple times. I had to throw in the towel and quit the ride.

The next morning, the trainer hooked up without a beat and I was able to complete a ride. I rode again without issues, but the following ride it happened again. I am now 6 or 7 rides in and have had this interruption 4 of the times. It seems to happen around the 2 hour mark.

There are no other bluetooth items interfering as I have read online. I disconnect everything in the house to keep it exclusive between the MacBook and Tacx, but it doesn’t seem to help.

I am confident this is an issue between Zwift and the Tacx. The Tacx connects to the Tacx app on my phone no problem every time, and my HRM and powermeter on my bike connect to Zwift without hesitation.

I am hoping for some recommendations on how to solve this problem. It is very frustrating as this is my only option to get in my training currently.

Thank you for your help, have a great rest of your day!

Kyle

Does the performance chart from your ride show these signal dropouts? Could you upload if it does?

Hi @Kyle_Jennett_6564

Welcome to the forum.

Can you upload your log file to zwiftalizer.com and look for the amount of dropouts.

It can be many things that interfere, like florescent lights, microwave ovens, bluetooth headphones or even WiFi signals.

I have a Tacx Flux 2 and am using a MacBook and have exactly this problem too.

It always connects fine, and then some rides (maybe every 2nd or 3rd ride) it will cut out and some point along the ride. If it turn the trainer on and off it will eventually reconnect.

I’ve uninstalled the app from the MacBook and its still the same. So frustrating.

I have the same issue with a Tacx Flux 2. Sometimes it dops the connection. Sometimes the ERG gets dropped. Sometimes the trainer won´t adjust the watts to match the workout.

Garmin says that they are working on a software update.

Zwift team, can you shed any light on the matter?

I have the same issue - it doesn’t seem to matter whether I connect via ANT+ or BT and is very inconsistent and intermittent. Yesterday I had to disconnect and unpair everything and re-do it all. Then for the past 3 rides, I lose signal when there are big shifts in wattage for the program I’m following on the day.

Is this a TACX problem or something to do with Zwift specifically?

I spent some time getting my tech troubleshooting on yesterday and here’s what I found:

• Windows Update (although it was only a security update) and rebooted the PC
  • Downloaded and installed the TACX iPhone app and updated the trainer to current firmware
  • Disconnected all paired devices from the Zwift Windows app and rebooted again
  • While the PC was rebooting, I did a calibration from the TACX iPhone app and checked all the trainer settings
  • Once I restarted Zwift, I re-paired everything and did a calibration on Zwift

I did my Threshold Development ride all that and no issues. Holding thumbs it remains that way!