Steering mode stopped working [v1.12.0] [April 2021] [SOLVED]

Same here

Kickr Bike, AppleTv, no steering in free rides since the update. Worked great before the update.

Kickr Bike
Hardware Version: 4
Firmware Version 1.16

Windows 10 Pro
Version: 20H2
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Dell XPS13
i7-1165G7
16.0 GB RAM

iPhone 12 Pro Max
256GB
iOS 14.4.2

Relatively new Kickr Bike, with first Zwift Ride 3-17-2021.

Everything functioned normally on the bike until few days ago, when steering stopped responding to button inputs for either direction.

Sensors are always recognized, including the steering sensor with the steering wheel icon. Everthing else functions normally, such as shifting and external grade control by the application, or manual grade control when overridden for testing. Power cycling the bike, either after a ride for testing or overnight as usual with bike unplugged after a ride per Kickr instruction manual has no impact, nor does exiting and reopening Zwift and starting a test ride.

I run Zwift on the laptop and use my phone for the companion app. Running Zwift on the phone this morning for a test ride without the companion app loaded still had no response to steering button inputs, with otherwise normal functionality.

Yep I just spend a good several hours troubleshooting afraid that I did something during a bar retape. It hasnā€™t been working for me for about a week or so but I thought it was just because it was the Tour or because of free ride workouts.

Today, I went through and rebooted my iPad Pro and it didnā€™t do it. Power cycled the bike and it didnā€™t do it. Deleted and recreated the bike profile with the Wahoo app. Confirmed broken behavior with TVOS as well, Changed the shifting style, renamed bike etc still nothing. During the sensor pairing steering is shown and selected. And in game I have the blue steering wheel icon. Last I checked the wiring near my bar tape and of course thereā€™s nothing there to see.

I wish this would have been posted as a known issue to save me the stress and weekend time troubleshooting only to find others are having the same exact issue. Iā€™m fine with the inevitable bugs coming up and be resolved in a timely manner but the release notes for the updates should have this as a known issue. Are all the buttons tested by QA/QC before a s/w release?

Anyway Iā€™m relieved this is a known issue now.

Have fun riding and staying in shape everyone!

1 Like

Same here. Update seems to have stopped the ability to steer.

Iā€™m having the same issue. Steering worked before update. After update doesnā€™t work. Deleted zwift entirely and reinstalled. Still the same.

Me too,
Kickr Bike, Apple TV, recent upgrade, no steering sinceā€¦

Hi Guys, Any update on a fix with the steering issue on the kickr bike? Wasted a lot of time deleting and reinstalling everything to only find out itā€™s an update issue!

Iā€™m having the same issue, Wahoo Kickr Bike and steering control is not working on Apple 4K, Windows 10 or Android app.

I have exactly the problem with my kickr bike and ipad pro since last update

Same here;
Wahoo KICKR bike / Companion APP on iPhone and Apple TV.
Screen notes that steering is ā€œonā€ but no response from the buttons.
Also
Can seem to give ā€œride onā€ on companion APP.

Me too. Wahoo Kickr Bike, Win10 i7-6700 on a wired LAN/Fiber (~1gb/sec) internet connection. Steering doesnā€™t work at all. At least Iā€™m not getting the HRM drop out on BLE. And since virtually no rides have steering enabled for some stupid reason, itā€™s not like weā€™re missing a huge part of the Zwift Experience but this is not how updates should be going.

And people wonder why I call these Monthly changes, Bugdatesā€¦

Kickr Bike,
Windows 10

+1

Logged in today and Zwift doesnā€™t even detect the steering anymore, I used to get it detected and get the futureworks screen, but today - nada

Same here, wahoo kickr bike, steering gets disabled in first seconds of the ride mentioned in blue bar in top of the screen. Using Zwift via Apple TV. Wahoo firmware of the bike is up to date

My dad and I have both had this issue on our Kickr Bikes right after updating to the current Zwift build. I run Zwift on AppleTV and he uses a Windows 10 computer. Both bikes and Zwift apps are up to date.

Update on this steering bug that affects Wahoo KICKR Bike.
We found the cause, and are verifying the fix is working on various OS platforms. Weā€™re working through that to release as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience, everyone.

15 Likes

Thanks Shooj. Thatā€™s about all we can ask for.

Great news thank you!

Happy to hear that, thanks!

Same issue here Kickr Bike running Zwift on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Another Wahoo Kickr Bike with the steering function not working after update. IOS and Windows 10. UI recognizes steering and shows it enabled.