Steering mode stopped working [v1.12.0] [April 2021] [SOLVED]

Confirmed - Windows 10, brand new Wahoo Kickr bike and steering does not work.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi James, I haven’t updated the firmware yet on my kickr bike and still have the same issue :+1:t3:

They are on the inside of the hoods :+1:t3:

After I connected the Garmin Fenix 5 for heartbeat to Zwift app, steering on my Wahoo KICKR Bike is disabled (greyed out) in the Zwift app Win 10.
KICKR Bike works with Bluetooth and Garmin Fenix 5 with ANT+

Sound like you need to either bo I it Bluetooth and check it was not disabled or maybe you are on a Apple TV and run out of connections ?

I was directed onto this thread, but see the opposite problem. I can’t actually disable steering. Even if I turn steering off on the pairing screen the feature remains enabled. This is an issue for me as having the feature on causes a lag in Zwift getting HR data from my TICKR. It eventually gets the correct data, but about 20s after any other head unit that I might have recording. I’ve made a point of keeping the log file from the ride I noticed the issue with the steering.

This is using a KICKR bike on the latest firmware, and a Windows 10 laptop.

I’ve got a similar problem: When I’m paired in Bluetooth and in a group ride or race that doesn’t have steering enabled (nearly all of them but that’s a different problem being COMPLETELY IGNORED BY ZwiftHQ) and I don’t turn off steering before the event, my Wahoo HRM gets unpaired about two minutes after the start. If this happens in a race, I’ll get DQ’d for not having an HRM. I can avoid this by pairing with ANT+ but if I forget at startup, I need to disable steering when I’m in the Zwift app. If I cannot disable steering then I’ll need to restart in ANT+, which is not a huge deal but is annoying. Like other things we have spoken of on this forum at great length.

1 Like

Hello just updated to the April 21 release - it seems the ride on feature in the companion app and steering are no longer working. Yes confirmed I can see the steering is checked , I have reinstalled and restarted a new ride same both times.

Howdy folks — I’m also unable to steer in game after the most recent updates.

I’m on a Kickr Bike and running Zwift on a MacBook (Catalina). The bike is connected and otherwise works fine (shifting, tilt, resistance, etc). Steering indicator is active / blue in both the in-game HUD and device link screen.

Kickr firmware is up to date. I’ve removed the Zwift app, restarted, and reinstalled a couple times to no effect.

1 Like

I also had steering and rideons fail at the same time — I resolved the rideons issue by removing Companion from phone and Zwift app from my laptop, restarting, and reinstalling. The steering is still broken, but hope that helps the rideon issue.

Hello — added this below, but I’m having the steering issue on a MacBook running Catalina with a Kickr Bike.

1 Like

Hi! I use a Sterzo Steering Plate and in the morning it doesn’t work on apple tv neither on free ride nor in a steering event after the update (other people also confirm this problem by there self). It works normal with the Zwift companion as bridge for apple tv. Than I reinstall Zwift on Apple TV, Zwift Companion and on iPad I to the same and than it works really fine.

I was free riding on Thursday, April 22, on my Wahoo Kickr bike, and noticed that the steering function was not working, although my pairing screen showed that steering was enabled. I am using Windows 10 as well.

I thought that maybe restarting the computer and Kickr bike might fix it, but still had the same issue after trying that.

1 Like

Apple TV, after doing the update - lost steering as well

Hey, today I started setup my KickrBike - everything works fine except the steering. All versions up to date. Good to read that I am not alone :slight_smile: Hope for a solution :slight_smile: I thought I am doing something wrong. Re-paired everything and I have spent a lot of time with this problem until I found this thread …

Welcome - you will love it bike is a lot of fun.

1 Like

Hi Shooj - confirming “ride on” is now working with the new companion app release - steering is still toast

Kickr Bike, MacBook Air High Sierra steering not working after April update.

Yep same for me. Connect as usual, get all the on screen guff, start a free ride but no response from buttons. Fine before update.
Kickr bike and Windows 10 on pc tower.
Climb tilt function works fine as before.
Thanks

Hello Shuji -

Any updates on restoring the steering function?