Route selection scroll bar missing on Windows [October 2021] [1.18.0] [SOLVED]

Just noted a couple of issues. Firstly scroll bar is missing when looking at the routes (Windows). Secondly, I had to completely delete the Companion app and reinstall it after the update because otherwise the trainer would not work properly with the gradients (happened with the last update as well)

Same here, but still functional so may be a design choice.

1 Like

I couldn’t scroll either, did try to at the place where it was supposed to be, but no luck… Pretty annoying, since I planned on riding the PRL half this morning, but that route was not available to me.

Hi Marianne
I did manage to scroll by placing highlighting one of the routes and then using either the up and down arrow key or the mouse - not exactly intuitive and obviously an issue that needs fixing.

Likewise, but dragging the list up/down does work

1 Like

Thanks for flagging up this issue! I’ve passed the report along for investigation.

In the meantime, our Devs mentioned the routes should still be scrollable by using either Up/Down arrows on the keyboard, or dragging the screen rather than the scroll bar.

1 Like

I just installed the update and now I can only see one screen of routes for each world. There is no longer a scroll bar to view all the routes.

In another thread I think it has been indicated that the scroll bar is not there, but if you position the cursor over the list you can still scroll. Not sure if that is correct, but you might give it a shot.

Couldn’t get Up/down arrow to work in route selection. (Windows).
Filtering (Distance/Elevation) only filters on the routes in active window, not all available routes.

Using the track pad and mouse scroll wheel still work.

EDIT: and as Dave pointed out also click and drag.

1 Like

As does click and drag. :+1:

1 Like

Noticed the slider bar is gone in route selection window. In my opinion it is now harder to move up and down in the list. It would be nice if the page up and page down keys worked in the list. Being able to use the up arrow and down arrow keys would also be nice.

1 Like

Do you not have a scroll wheel, or touchpad? Don’t think I’ve ever used the slider bar. :wink:

Same here (windows)
Route selection and filtering is broken.
Hard to badgehunt now.

Hi @Thomas_Rene_Hansen_A

Using the mouse scroll wheel and track pad still work

1 Like

If you’re using a mouse without a scroll wheel or too far from your trackpad/don’t have one then I use this

https://www.remotemouse.net/

works well and has a scroll bar on the side. I don’t have anywhere to put a keyboard or mouse while on the bike so it works well for my needs.

2 Likes

Thx !
I had to figure out how to scroll with trackpad as I have a combi keyboard/mouse from Logitech as input device on my zwift computer.
Two fingers up/down on the trackpad does the magic.

Close to a feature, not bug now :thinking:

Multi-touch gestures via trackpad have been baked into Windows for well over a decade, you’ve been missing out. :wink:

3 Likes

Just installed 1.18 last night and also noticed the missing scroll bar. I tried using the black up and down arrow next to the route box but it only page up or down one page so I couldn’t get to all the available routes. The up and down arrows on my keyboard also didn’t work. I tried the other options mentioned above but couldn’t get any of them to work. I on Windows 10 and am using a keyboard with in integrated touchpad. I hope Zwift puts the scroll bars back in as this ‘enhancement’ makes it more difficult to select a route. Maybe I should ask for my monthly fee to be prorated by the percentage of routes I can see and use since I now don’t have full access to all of the routes I’m paying for…

Move mouse over the routes and scroll by dragging up and down with two fingers.

1 Like