Pausing Membership

I have cancelled my membership because of riding outdoors for the next months. My workouts I will do on sufferfest.
This is the message I got from Zwift:
“Your Zwift Subscription is now cancelled. You can continue to ride till the end of your current billing cycle. You can always log in and “JUST WATCH” to check out the action or go for a run - it’s FREE.
And when you’re ready to ride, you can reactivate your Zwift membership at any time.
We’ll keep all your hard-earned achievements, drops, and virtual swag safe in your Zwift garage.
The Team at Zwift”

I’ve just resumed my membership but in the profile page I read 25 km (active) not Zwift Unlimited (active)

???

1 Like

Hi Neil!
I’ve just cancelled my membership and got this message:

So I presume all progress should be saved.

What is the benefit of pausing my zwift membership instead of cancelling the subscription? I can’t seem to work out why I would pause it over cancelling.

In my opinion the “Pause” option makes no sense, I regard it as some sort of trap. When you pause your membership it will be renewed automatically after the chosen pause time. When you cancel your membership you have to actively renew it. So with pausing I might forget that my membership is renewed automatically - resulting in payment for something I don´t use.

Hi Marco, thats happened to me today. What was they response of zwift? I just sent an email

Happened to me today, what was their response? I just sent an email asking

Why not have a summer Pause Option? seems silly to cancel and 8 weeks is not long enough. Good start but let us decide when we want to unpause. thanks

Just cancel your account. It’s the same as pausing only it doesn’t restart automatically.

You don’t lose any of your progress.

1 Like

it didn’t work out quite like that for me. I did cancel my account for a few months last year and when I restarted all my data was changed and no matter what I did over last year the data I was given when I restarted never changed. I guess it was a glitch in the program and since I am not a very serious biker I just left it as is and never contacted Zwift about it.

You maybe already have the answer and seen the text at support. But at least for everyone else. You do not lose your progress when you cancel. You can read this on the support page at “account and orders”.

yep all progress saved, before I started on Zwift again in December I don’t think I’d been on in nearly 2 years