No resistance in climbs / Wahoo Kickr

Option 4 worked for me too today no issues at all at last!

Sorry for the late response, we are still investigating with Wahoo and we’re hoping to having a breakthrough in having these issues resolve soon. I’m curious if anyone else has tried what @Aaron_Smith did in selecting Forget Sensor, when following these steps:

1 Like

@Vincent these steps worked for me (forget sensor). I have not paired in the wahoo app since.

1 Like

I’ve found that by performing a spin down each time the Wahoo Core connects to Zwift (without unpairing it) this is a reliable work around at the moment for me.

I’m using Bluetooth however have tried Ant+ and the same results in gradients being simulated during a ride/workout.

Using Mac OS And iOS 12.1 same results.

@Vincent I had the issue return last night after 2 successful races with no issue after forgetting the sensor in the wahoo app. I have not used the wahoo app since removing the Kickr 2018 from it. Frustrating to say the least. KICKR connected through BLE to Companion app. I have the same issues if connected to the ATV4.

it feels like it puts my race in ERG mode. I cannot sustain high watts in climbs, the watts just drop and drop.

I was forced to push 50/11 on this segment to even sustain 360watts on the final surge in the race. Gradients are above 18% in the steepest part: Follow Trond Vidar on Strava to see this activity. Join for free.

full file: Follow Trond Vidar on Strava to see this activity. Join for free.

Hoping for a permanent fix soon.

T

Hi all,

Just received 2018 Kickr and same thing happened to me on Zwift riding NY on ipad pro.

One thing I noticed on the blue led is that when kickr is NOT responding to gradient changes the blue light is SOLID blue, whilst when working its solid blue with occasional flashing.

Not sure if flashing blue means it is receiving data (ie changes in gradient) and if it stops flashing it means the kickr is not updating its gradient, hence the loss of resinstamce maybe?

1 Like

Our KICKR Snap is doing the exact same thing with Zwift.

Flashing blue - resistance
Solid blue - no resistance

I’m having the exact same issue on a Cycleops Magnus on Windows 10 with Samsung S9+ companion. I tried using just the S9+ at first but had no resistance so I figured using a laptop would resolve the problems. Nope…same issue on Windows 10. I’ll be going up a hill with my rear wheel spinning about 30 miles an hour and Zwift says I’m going 4. If Zwift can guarantee an Ant+ device will resolve my problem, I’ll go try. They are cheap enough on Amazon. Please help, this is very frustrating after spending so much money. New unhappy subscription holder here.

We have 2 kickr’s, a first generation and a grande new one, both working fine until last week, so I followed the suggestion with the wahoo app, it started working, I joined an event, waiting for the event (about 5 min) noticed the blue light was solid in, and when the event started there was no resistance change, so I backed out and noticed the kicker wasn’t controlling anymore, this happened several times, so what I do now is once I get on zwift I start right away, no delay said and it works, it seems that after a few minutes of no pedaling zwift looses the signal to control.

Happy to report that unsynching my Kickr in the Wahoo fitness app and then resynching in Zwift worked for me.
After basically riding a $15/month stationery bike for 2 month the resistance is back. Try it.

That did it
Probably the trainer is getting confused when logged in two different apps
Once disconnected from Wahoo app it worked properly on Zwift, changing the resistance accordingly.
You should on the next system upgrade make sure it will automatically disconnect from one app if connected to another.
Big headache for consumers this one, not so simple to solve if you’re not well into tech. Good luck and awesome work :ok_hand::+1:

It resolves the issue temporarily. I’ve had the issue come back after forgetting the kickr in the wahoo app (and not adding it back on even). There is something else at play also.

Same experience I am having with a Kickr Snap v2. Let it sit idle for 2 minutes or so, and the control drops out (goes to solid blue). In another thread, someone mentioned it’s the speed / cadence sensor combo and I tried a cadence only sensor.

This seemed to work for me and I can leave it idle for more than 5 minutes and it doesn’t loose the connection.

In the IOS thread, Vincent also suggested to test unpairing the cadence / speed sensor.

Sad to say nothing works for me.
After this summer and not using zwift/kickr. Coming back last week and when in ERG mode and training it only says ”power up” but i can not do nothing.

Today the resistance in free ride mode stoped working.

I am loosing my mind. This is so frustrating.

I have deleted all my sensors in the Wahoo app bu no luck for me :frowning:

I’ve been having the same problem recently but I just seem to have found a fix that works for me, so far…

I first noticed that I was getting no variable resistance on the NYC course a couple of weeks ago. No issues prior to this so it seems something has changed recently.

My setup - Zwift on Mac, Kickr SNAP v2, Wahoo Blue SC Speed & Cadence, ANT+ communication.

I tried playing around with the Wahoo Fitness app, forgetting sensors etc, unpairing and repairing Kickr in Zwift, none of which helped.

But I finally seem to have found something that fixes it. During a ride if I have no variable resistance I press A to return to the sensor list and unpair and re-pair the Cadence sensor which magically brings the variable resistance back. No idea why this would be. Maybe some conflict between Kickr and Cadence sensor?

Only tested this a couple of times so far but worked on both occasions so I wanted to share.

Would be interested to know if this works for anyone else.

FThese steps finally worked for me with one addition and one clarification - new Kickr Core, iPad on iOS12.

The addition is to restart your iOS device after closing Wahoo Fitness. Before I did that, the Controllable icon was brown and the Power Source blue, both showing Kickr Core. Tapping the brown icon didn’t find the Kickr Core. After rebooting my iPad, both appeared blue and connected with no effort on my part.

The clarification is that Forget this sensor is not available from the connected sensors page in Workouts in Wahoo Fitness. You need to go back to the home Screen and select Sensors, where you can find the Kickr Core and scroll right down to forget it.

Now I have to find out how to do a spin down in Zwift, though some responses suggests that it doesn’t work. In Wahoo Fitness, it has to go down only to about 9 mi/h, not zero.

I just had this issue happen to me for the first time this morning. Not sure if it’s a coincidence, but it was also the first time I had the Wahoo RPM Cadence sensor connected.

My wife and I had the same problems last night. It was also having issues even finding any of our paired devices on both iPhone and iPad. So I went and got our MacBook and paired my Wife’s KICKR Snap to it and it worked for her ride. My iPhone was acting like a stationary bike, same resistance the whole ride. Box and Fox hill didn’t suck as much. :slight_smile: Everything had been working on Tuesday, now both iOS devices don’t. Very frustrating. Not sure if this is a Zwift or Wahoo issue but it needs to be fixed.

I thought I had fixed the issues 2 days ago but they reoccurred this morning while riding London. Since the issue first started when I connected the RPM cadence sensor, I disconnected it and Zwift/Kickr worked fine again.

I don’t have a cadence sensor on the trainer bikes so that rules that out for me.